Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Of The Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Any team with Brady will be a power. I'm not trying to take anything away from Belichick, but when you start one of the (if not the) best QB in NFL history, you're going to win some games.
    Last edited by vidae; 12-30-2010, 04:54 AM.

    Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

    Comment


    • #17
      Everything Belichick did worked this year. He managed to rebuild the entire roster over the past couple of years without dropping off at all. This year's draft class has been incredible. McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, and Deaderick all developed into starters as rookies with Belichick's coaching. He's done a fantastic job of managing the locker room as well, defusing a potentially dangerous situation by trading Randy Moss and bringing in Deion Branch in midseason, vastly improving the team in the process even though the entire offense had to be reworked on the fly.

      Look at all the guys who came out of nowhere - Danny Woodhead, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Deaderick, Rob Ninkovich, Dane Fletcher, Kyle Arrington - and were able to make significant contributions to the team this year. These were all guys other teams either had no interest in, or released because they didn't think they could get much out of them, but who blossomed under Belichick.

      The Patriots came into the season with many expecting New York or Miami to win the division, and took out every contender they played - Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York, Chicago, Green Bay, etc. He's on a completely different level than the other coaches in the league. The Chiefs are in the playoffs, but they've also played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, with two wins against winning teams (San Diego and Jacksonville.) As much or more of their success should go to Charlie Weis for his work with Matt Cassel. Steve Spagnuolo's turnaround was impressive, but again, only one win against a winning team (San Diego.)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
        Everything Belichick did worked this year. He managed to rebuild the entire roster over the past couple of years without dropping off at all. This year's draft class has been incredible. McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, and Deaderick all developed into starters as rookies with Belichick's coaching. He's done a fantastic job of managing the locker room as well, defusing a potentially dangerous situation by trading Randy Moss and bringing in Deion Branch in midseason, vastly improving the team in the process even though the entire offense had to be reworked on the fly.

        Look at all the guys who came out of nowhere - Danny Woodhead, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Deaderick, Rob Ninkovich, Dane Fletcher, Kyle Arrington - and were able to make significant contributions to the team this year. These were all guys other teams either had no interest in, or released because they didn't think they could get much out of them, but who blossomed under Belichick.

        The Patriots came into the season with many expecting New York or Miami to win the division, and took out every contender they played - Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York, Chicago, Green Bay, etc. He's on a completely different level than the other coaches in the league. The Chiefs are in the playoffs, but they've also played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, with two wins against winning teams (San Diego and Jacksonville.) As much or more of their success should go to Charlie Weis for his work with Matt Cassel. Steve Spagnuolo's turnaround was impressive, but again, only one win against a winning team (San Diego.)
        I should +rep you forever for that post, but I feel like I already repped you too much lately lol. I agree 100% with what you said. Haley's done a good job in KC, but nobody is even remotely close to doing what Bill Belichick has done this year. Most fans were expecting a rebuilding year but instead he's build one of the youngest and best teams in the league. I really can't say enough about the job he's done this year, this might be his best coaching season ever (even better than 2007 and 2008).

        Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Razor View Post
          I should +rep you forever for that post, but I feel like I already repped you too much lately lol. I agree 100% with what you said. Haley's done a good job in KC, but nobody is even remotely close to doing what Bill Belichick has done this year. Most fans were expecting a rebuilding year but instead he's build one of the youngest and best teams in the league. I really can't say enough about the job he's done this year, this might be his best coaching season ever (even better than 2007 and 2008).
          ,
          You've officially turned me to BB as COTY. I can't argue with that post. The Moss trade, the draft, the schemes, the holdouts.. it's one of the best coaching seasons ever.


          When being a fanboi goes too far.

          Comment


          • #20
            The Patriots were expected to be a 12 win type of team this year regardless of the roster turnover.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

            Comment


            • #21
              Yeah I feel like Belichick almost doesn't even have a shot, he has changed so much for the better so fast for the Pats but this award usually goes to coaches who have completely turned teams around record wise.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                The Patriots were expected to be a 12 win type of team this year regardless of the roster turnover.
                I don't really buy that. Coming into the year all anyone was talking about was how the Pats were rebuilding the defense and how Brady was starting to age and wasn't the same QB as before the injury. I think most people had a 10 win cap on them this year.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #23
                  Marinelli's more aggressive game plans + Peppers are the reason the Bears are going to the playoffs. In 2009, they gave up 375 points. Through 15 games of 2010, they've given up 100 less than that. Can we really give Lovie an award just because he had his playcalling duties stripped by management? Besides, we've still seen some bad in-game decisions from him this year re: timeouts, challenges, and not kicking field goals in obvious field goal situations.

                  It's Todd Haley.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think it should be a toss up between Haley and Spagnolo, with Raheem Morris being 3rd.

                    Both Haley and Spagnolo have made dramatic changes to the Chiefs and Rams, can there be co-coaches of the year?

                    Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                      The Patriots were expected to be a 12 win type of team this year regardless of the roster turnover.
                      Um, No.

                      The Patriots were a popular pick for 3rd in the division. Yea, behind the Dolphins and Jets. The non-Patriots fans who had them not in 3rd had them in 2nd. (pre-season)
                      **** her in da *****!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Someone show me where people predicted the Pats to not have anywhere between 10-12 wins.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Todd Haley or Bill Belicheck. No one else even compares. It will be one of those two, and I honestly can't pick between them.

                          The Pats are the best team in the NFL in a legitimate rebuilding year. Belichick is getting it done with young playcallers and no formal OC or DC. He's completely rearranged how things are done in New England...and they're still winning. People had the Jets and Dolphins finishing ahead of the Patriots this year...

                          The Chiefs won the AFC West in a building year. Todd Haley's an honest guy. He doesn't play smoke and mirrors games with the media, and the first thing he says every week is "We're not a good team yet." The mentality change in Kansas City alone is just phenomenal. This is going to be a good team for a long time. This team is extremely reminiscent of the 2001 Pats' squad. Almost exactly (sans the QB situation...sort of). The Pats drafted Richard Seymour #6 overall in the prior draft, the Chiefs drafted Eric Berry #5 overall... The Chiefs, like the '01 Pats, use misdirections and unpredictability to get things done on offense and disguise defensive alignments to keep opposing offenses at bay.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Where's the poll here?

                            My vote goes to Todd Haley. Nobody expected the Chiefs to come close to winning a division.

                            Tampa Bay's Raheem Morris gets my runner-up vote, followed by Green Bay's Mike McCarthy.

                            To recap:

                            #1- Haley
                            #2- Morris
                            #3- McCarthy
                            #4- Love Smith
                            #5- Mike Smith
                            Last edited by J-Mike88; 12-30-2010, 08:52 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Razor View Post
                              I should +rep you forever for that post, but I feel like I already repped you too much lately lol. I agree 100% with what you said. Haley's done a good job in KC, but nobody is even remotely close to doing what Bill Belichick has done this year. Most fans were expecting a rebuilding year but instead he's build one of the youngest and best teams in the league. I really can't say enough about the job he's done this year, this might be his best coaching season ever (even better than 2007 and 2008).


                              That's just not true. However unfair it may be, the Pats still do have a HOF QB, and even if you gave them Wade Phillips as their HC there is a good chance they would win the division still. Somebody like Raheem Morris has the Bucs about to make the playoffs and they are relying at rookies at premiere positions to win games.


                              I don't mind BB getting the nod, but I completely disagree if you think nobody is even close considering coaches like Morris had alot less to work with and are just as successful right now.


                              Hell even Haley beating the Chiefs to win that division on a team who was still supposed to be rebuilding is close or superior to BB. We've had the argument of who gets more credit BB or Brady, but they go hand in hand. It may not always be fair to one or the other to show how good they really are but there are coaches who are doing just as impressive of a job if you actually look into what they are doing not just your own team.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                That's just not true. However unfair it may be, the Pats still do have a HOF QB, and even if you gave them Wade Phillips as their HC there is a good chance they would win the division still. Somebody like Raheem Morris has the Bucs about to make the playoffs and they are relying at rookies at premiere positions to win games.


                                I don't mind BB getting the nod, but I completely disagree if you think nobody is even close considering coaches like Morris had alot less to work with and are just as successful right now.


                                Hell even Haley beating the Chiefs to win that division on a team who was still supposed to be rebuilding is close or superior to BB. We've had the argument of who gets more credit BB or Brady, but they go hand in hand. It may not always be fair to one or the other to show how good they really are but there are coaches who are doing just as impressive of a job if you actually look into what they are doing not just your own team.
                                That team would fall apart under Phillips and Morris. Belichick runs everything. Phillips has proved that he can't do it, and I give Morris a zero percent chance of being able to handle BB's job. Haley would probably be able to handle it, but only because he already does so in KC - for the most part.

                                People take for granted what Belichick does and has done over the past decade.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information