Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What team had the Best Rookie class this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCluster missed quite a few games in the middle of the year so I agree but Berry has been pretty damn good this year.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Starts wise Arizona has to be up there

Max Hall - 3 Starts
      John Skelton - 4 Starts
      Dan Williams - 0 Starts but a lot of playing time
      Daryl Washington - 10 Starts
      Andre Roberts - 1 Start
      O'Brien Schofield - 2 Starts
      Jim Dray - 2 Starts

plus some solid playing time for Max Komar & Stephen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        McCluster I'll give you but Berry is drastically better now then at the beggining of the year
        Yeah I remember him starting out struggling, maybe even being a detriment to the defense. I knew he was turning it around, I saw he had a big INT a week or 2 or 3 ago. I was sort of averaging his play throughout the year and that's why Cleveland and New England get a slight edge to me. He's coming on strong, and like I said, I like his future prospects. He was my #2 prospect last year and probably my personal favorite.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

2010 Rookie class :

Rd 1, Pick 3 (3) McCoy, Gerald DT Starter for first 13 games before being placed on IR
          Rd 2, Pick 3 (35) Price, Brian DT Played in 5 games, no starts before being placed on IR
          Rd 2, Pick 7 (39) Benn, Arrelious WR Starter for last 9 games, played in all 15 before being placed on IR
          Rd 3, Pick 3 (67) Lewis, Myron CB Starter for 1 game, played in 9 games
          Rd 4, Pick 3 (101) Williams, Mike WR Starter for 15 games
          Rd 6, Pick 3 (172) Bowden, Brent P Cut before the season began
          Rd 7, Pick 3 (210) Grimm, Cody LB Starter for 9 games after Tanard Jackson was suspended, before being placed on IR
          Rd 7, Pick 10 (217) Watson, Dekoda LB Played in 14 games with 1 start
          Rd 7, Pick 46 (253) Lorig, Erik DE Converted to TE/FB Played in 8 games with 1 start

Rd 4, Pick 25 (123)* Woods, Al DT Played in 8 games with no starts
          Rd 5, Pick 29 (160)# Asante, Larry SS Played in 1 game with no starts
          Rd 6, Pick 22 (191)^ Briscoe, Dezmon WR Played in 1 game with no starts
          Rd 6, Pick 36 (205)~ Larsen, Ted OL Started 10 games and played in 11
          Undrafted Rookie Carter, Brandon OL Played in 1 game with no starts
          Undrafted Rookie Blount, LeGarrette RB Played in 12 games with 6 starts
          Undrafted Rookie Malone, Robert P Played in 11 games
          Undrafted Rookie Barker, Will OT Played in 3 games
          Undrafted Rookie Hardman, Derek OG Played in 8 games with 3 starts
          Undrafted Rookie Parker, Preston WR Played in 8 games
          Undrafted Rookie Worthington, Doug DE Just brought up to the 53 for Week 17
          Undrafted Rookie Harris, Dominique S Played in 0 games
          Undrafted Rookie Johnson, George DE Played in 0 games
          Undrafted Rookie Overbay, Nathan TE Played in 0 games
          * = Saints draft pick
          # = Browns draft pick
          ^ = Bengals draft pick
          ~ = Patriots draft pick

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Way too soon. I think the Saints class is going to be really strong down the line, but they obviously aren't going to all start now.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              Way too soon. I think the Saints class is going to be really strong down the line, but they obviously aren't going to all start now.
              You're missing the point of the thread. We are talking about rookie seasons, not careers. Since we are 15 games (94%) of the way through the season we can definitely do that.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                Jimmy Graham has become an absolute stud for us and will only get better. Right now I am loving that draft pick.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Jimmy Graham has become an absolute stud for us and will only get better. Right now I am loving that draft pick.
                  What's Charles Brown up to? He was mocked to the Packers in the first all the time pre draft. Then most of us wanted to pick him up with our second round pick.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I love our rookie haul, but I'm really jealous of the Packers (Sam Shields) and Saints (Jimmy Graham). Those were 2 players that I saw struggle as 1st-year starters at Miami yet knew they would become great players with better coaching.

I'm surprised at how well the Patriots class has contributed. I wasn't very high on any of those Gators going into the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

From an outsider standpoint i think Oakland rookie class is rolling quite well: Lamarr Houston is IMHO one of the better rookies of the year, Rolo McClain is underwhelming so far but is playing solid, Jacoby Ford is a tremendous weapon in that offense and Veldheer is recovering from a slow start AFAIK...

About my Panthers: Everybody know that Clausen is playing like ****. LaFell is progressing quite well after some scary drops (not a big of a surprise, though) at the start of the season. Both David Gettis (5th rd) and Greg Hardy (6th rd) are the best picks so far. Armanti Edwards played like 2 snaps and could turn in one of the worst trades in Panthers' history (in fact it was a pretty bad deal on draft day). Eric Norwood's unnoticed so far, and any DB drafted in the latest rounds (Robert McClain, Jordan Pugh, RJ Stanford) seems to be nothing special. UDFA DT Andre Neblett could prove to be a great rotational guy...

Twitter @mario_clp

Comment

The Pats, Chiefs and Bucs all had VERY good classes. I'd probably give the slight edge to the Pats if I had to choose. They got a Pro Bowl CB, two very good starting TE's, and at least 4 other starters that I can count.

Very nice job again by Belicheck, although I hate him. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

The Bears got a starting Offensive tackle from this draft!

Granted, he's currently ranked as the second worst tackle in the league, but, still!

Comment

Pats, Bucs, Chiefs and Bengals in that order for me. STUDLY classes all around.

Comment

Patriots, Browns, Lions, Bengals, and Steelers are a few draft classes on the top of my head that had solid rookie classes.

Comment

Bucs class looks damn sexy now, but it could be a "special" class if Price comes back healthy and pans out and McCoy lives up to expectations(which I expect)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information