Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What team had the Best Rookie class this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall i felt like there were soo many better players we could've picked, and was very upset with Pierre-Paul because it was such a risk. Most of the time the giants don't use their rookies even though they could be big contributors.

1(15). Jason Pierre-Paul DE- 29 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 2 FF, and 6 PD in 15 games, has just recently been given more playing time on defense. Looks like he should be starting over Osi without a doubt.

2(46). Linval Joseph DT- played in 5 games, recorded 7 total tackles

3(76). Chad Jones S- showed great promise, but thengot into a bad car accident almost had to amputate his foot/leg, could return next season or never.

4(115). Phillip Dillard LB- suited up for 6 games, recorded 4 tackles on ST's

5(147). Mitch Petrus OG/C- played in 11 games, played most of the game against Seattle

6(184). Adrian Tracy LB- Placed on IR in August

7(221). Matt Dodge P- strong leg, just very very inconsistent

UDFA:
    (only one worth mentioning)
    Victor Cruz WR- was an absolute boss in preseason, we only put him on IR so we could save a roster spot and keep him.
    Last edited by BaLLiN; 12-30-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I'd be stoked if I was any of the teams being mentioned. For me the top 3 are New England, Tampa Bay and Kansas City in no particular order.

Comment

Without question New England. Anyone else is just "honorable mention". This team was able to steal Devin McCourty at the bottom of the 1st round and still get these major contributors in later rounds:

Rob Gronkowski
        Aaron Hernandez
        Brandon Spikes
        Jermaine Cunningham
        Brandon Deaderick
        ...even a punter, Zoltan.

That is insane from 1 draft class. Then Kyle Arrington and Dane Fletcher as UDFA's. Not even fair.

Comment

Maurkice Pouncey- Pro Bowl player in his rookie season. Already a top 5 center in the NFL IMO. Will only get better.

Jason Worilds- Has played very well on special teams and has a couple sacks on the season learning the position. Should have more than 2 sacks, but has a VERY fast first step and I believe he's going to be getting a lot better next year.

Emmanuel Sanders- Was inactive for most of the first half, but has come on BIG the second half. Has showed big play potential on offense, returning, and on special teams coverage. When we first drafted him, I thought he was a slot reciever, but he's playing well outside and could be a very good number 2 for us in the future. He also is a willing blocker, and I love that about him.

Thad Gibson- Had very good potential, but a numbers game made him get cut. Wish him the best of luck.

Chris Scott- Spent most of the season on the PUP list, and now is inactive. I think he can contend for a hat next season.

Antonio Brown- He makes boneheaded plays at times, but the dude is a big play waiting to happen in the return game. Took the opening kickoff back against Tennessee. Once he cuts out the rookie mistakes, I think he'll be a solid slot guy and returner for the Steelers.

Jonathan Dwyer- Showed up overweight and slow at the begining of camp. Got hurt as well and was on the roster bubble. Got healthy and really showed why he was a good prospect the last two preseason games. Has been kept on the roster of potential alone. With MeMo being a little banged up, we might see Dwyer get in some games to finish the rest of the season. I think he's the second best RB on the team right now.

Stevenson Sylvester- I love this kid. I don't know why, but he's been very solid for the Steelers and their special teams. Depending how well he has learned the LB position and performs in mini camps and training camps, he could contend for PT next year and could push Larry Foote and Keyaron Fox off the roster. Keep an eye on this kid.

Doug Worthington- Cut in TC. Picked up by TB.

Overall, it isn't a big and flashy group, but they have been solid all year and I believe down the road, this will be one great class for the Steelers.

Edit: Forgot to add Crezdon Butler, who I like a lot. Hasn't gotten a lot of PT, but I believe he can develop into a pretty good nickle corner for the Steelers.
          Last edited by Hines; 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

who had the worst rookie class?

Comment

Raiders dont have the best, but this class was our best in years....

1 Rolando McClain LB- One of the reasons why our run defense has improved from last year. McClain doesnt have the outstanding amount of tackles but he was a true leader of the defense. A improvement over the overrated Kirk Morrison.

2 LaMarr Houston DL- Houston was a surprising pick, thought by most that he was a DT. But we switched him to more of a DE in our system and he made a impact. He also doesnt have a great amount of sacks, but he was really good against the run and had a good amount of QB pressures. Very good rotational player and eventuall starter

3 Jared Veldheer OT- Might end up being our best pick in this draft. He has been a huge factor to why McFadden has broke out this year. He is a very good young LT in both pass and especially in the run. He and Gallery on the left side made our offence go.

4 Bruce Campbell OL- Only playing time he has had is on special teams. He is being used as a RG at practice, but I think he eventually goes out to RT. He might get the chance to play at RT in the off season.

4 Jacoby Ford WR/KR- My biggest surprise rookie on our team. I thought he would make little impact as a WR, but has had a few good games for us. He also is making a big impact as our KR, getting 3 returns for TD's for us in the last 5 games

5 Walter McFadden CB- Has gotten some playing time and has been solid. Has worked with special teams as well. He seems like he is progressing well

6 Travis Goethel LB- Was hurt for most of the season, but has played the last few games, mostly on special teams. Saw little action when McClain was hurt.

7 Jeremy Ware CB- Is seeing time on special teams. Surprised Al didnt cut him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post

Note: Thread title says "Rookie class", not draft class.
                And the difference would be what?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm taking a wait and see with Miami's class cause 2 guys who were supposed to contribute a lot (Odrick and Edds) have been on IR pretty much all season (Edds tore his ACL first day of TC, Odrick broke foot first game), and John Jerry has been in and out of the lineup because he lost a lot of weight from being sick earlier this year.

Roberto Wallace, Reshad Jones, and Jonathan Amaya are great on ST though

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Undrafted free agents like Blount.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Would include guys from this years draft class who got cut from one team and then picked up by another(like Ted Larsen or Blount for the Bucs)

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                        Without question New England. Anyone else is just "honorable mention". This team was able to steal Devin McCourty at the bottom of the 1st round and still get these major contributors in later rounds:

Rob Gronkowski
                        Aaron Hernandez
                        Brandon Spikes
                        Jermaine Cunningham
                        Brandon Deaderick
                        ...even a punter, Zoltan.

That is insane from 1 draft class. Then Kyle Arrington and Dane Fletcher as UDFA's. Not even fair.
                        Arrington wasn't an UDFA from this year, he has been on the Eagles and the Bucs

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          who had the worst rookie class?
                          Baltimore. Runnerup goes to Atlanta or San Diego.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, and Bryan McCann gives the cowboys a solid class.

Comment

While I was reading and eating a goddamn snack Ive grown to realize you guys just cant take your homer glasses off for one thread. The thread isnt asking how is your rookie class this year, the dude was asking who has the best. You silly humans.

Hate to say it but the Pats have the best draft class. They got studs everywhere. Damn them to hell.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                                Baltimore. Runnerup goes to Atlanta or San Diego.
                                Add the Jets to that list.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information