If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
It only says rookie class so you can include Blount. yawn
"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Pretty sure the Vikes win the worst class thread. When you can make a legitimate arguement that your 3rd string QB who went 1-1 and as a starter was the best rookie then it is a pretty solid indication that your class absolutely stunk. I still like the Griffen pick for value and I just hope we have one of those classes that looks horrible now but turns out good long term, but it really just doesn't feel that way.
I think it's the Buccaneers and it's not even close:
Starters found in that Draft:
- Gerald McCoy DT
- Arrellious Benn WR
- Mike Williams WR
- Cody Grimm SS
- Ted Larson LG (UDFA)
- Lagarrette Blount RB UDFA
Guys they drafted and contributed:
- Myron Lewis CB: Came on during the last 5 games and played very well when Talib went down.
- Brian Price DT: didn't start but played a lot and was playing very well but had a season ending hip injury.
- Dakoda Watson SLB: Was a special teamer most of the year, but made some plays when he started and got a chance to play. Might have a future as our SLB .
Then, they go out and pluck guys who were drafted and cut or not drafted and have contributed:
- Robert Malone P UDFA
- Dezmon Briscoe WR Training camp cut from CIN.
- Larry Assante SS/FS: signed from CLE practice sqaud
- Derek Hardmen RG: UDFA :started the last 4 games for the Bucs and when you dominate Ndmakung Suh and Sedrick Ellis, then I think he might have a future in this league.
- Al Woods DT: Signed from NO practice squad.
All of these guys contributed in a huge way and the Bucs still went 10-6. That is impressive.
Pats had a great class which should be really good long term but I highly doubt it is the greatest first year by a draft class and it certainly has a long way to go to match some previous classes that teams have had overall. Didn't the Steelers get 3 or 4 HOFers in one rookie class?