Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas City Chiefs Offense; What can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also heard he might be going to some other OC/HC in the NFL
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Ya. Haley and Weis didn't get along that well...never did from the very beginning. They made it work, though. I'm not worried about losing Weis. Haley's no slouch when it comes to running an offense, and McD is a no-brainer hire if he'll take the job.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        I've been doing some calls/emailing on this. Haley was doing more and more the last few weeks in the early week game plan implementing. Also, most of the credit of for the progression of Cassel is being directed towards Nick Sirianni, an offensive quality control coach. The relationship those two have has grown quite a bit.
        I've heard from from a couple people with close ties to Weis, that the relationship between Weis and Cassel was never really been that good. So, it makes sense that Cassel has found another offensive coach to gravitate to. Who better than Haley's Offensive Quality Control guy to help Cassel with the nuances of the offense.

Also, in the Tennessee game, the Chiefs got off to a great start, but the Rams and Chargers games the Chiefs got off to a terribly slow start (or in the case of the Chargers game, never got going. I know, no Cassel). I'm not sure if that means Haley has been helping or hurting the offense the last few weeks. I know that there are some fundamental differences between Haley and Weis. I just thought that with the overall success of the team this year, they could put their differences aside and make this team better, together.

Comment

Well, they have, but the end of the year/offseason is a completely different animal.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

After a shiny trophy named after some italiano visits Arrowhead I will worry about this 'issue'
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              I also heard he might be going to some other OC/HC in the NFL
              Weis?!? Really?? who would give a HC job in the NFL? I can see him as an OC in the NFL, but I thought picking Florida was because he feels he can get a college HC job much sooner than a NFL HC job, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                With the way Cassel played this year does it make McDaniels look better that he wanted him over Cutler?
                The bad part was the compensation was pissed away. If they had taken Clay Mathews and Devin McCourty with those two picks, and Cassell was having this type of season for Denver he would look like a genius. But the compensation was poorly handled, as well as their own picks. I still felt he should have worked with Cutler if he wanted the job, but if someone was actually making the picks he was picking up they could have been onto something.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                  Weis?!? Really?? who would give a HC job in the NFL? I can see him as an OC in the NFL, but I thought picking Florida was because he feels he can get a college HC job much sooner than a NFL HC job, IMO
                  Buffalo made Chan Gailey a head coach. Bad example, but still...there are some certifiable morons out there.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    Buffalo made Chan Gailey a head coach. Bad example, but still...there are some certifiable morons out there.
                    you sir, are correct and that was a great example.

Comment

Weis' playcalling cost us 1 games this year at least (3rd and 1 pass vs HOU when we were runiing the ball down their thorars)

Comment

I think you guys are really, really overestimating a quality control coach's responsibility. They're essentially gophers who spend hours doing cutups every day. I don't understand why they're even called coaches.

Comment

I don't think any of us are overestimating the value of a quality control guy. All we've said is that Cassel hasn't gotten along with Weis and instead has formed a friendship with the Offensive Quality Control guy. I'm with you, he doesn't seem like much of a coach, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            Weis' playcalling cost us 1 games this year at least (3rd and 1 pass vs HOU when we were runiing the ball down their thorars)
                            It cost the Chiefs the Indy game, the Houston game, and the Oakland game... Almost cost them the Buffalo game, too.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              I think you guys are really, really overestimating a quality control coach's responsibility. They're essentially gophers who spend hours doing cutups every day. I don't understand why they're even called coaches.
                              Eh... McD and Mangini went from QC guys to position coaches to coordinators to head coaches pretty quickly. Same with Bill O'Brien. If the guy has shown to be that important, he won't be a QC coach next year.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                It cost the Chiefs the Indy game, the Houston game, and the Oakland game... Almost cost them the Buffalo game, too.
                                the Bowe drop was the biggest killer in the INDY game IMO.and if Flowers just knocked the ball down instead of going for the INT we beat OAK IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information