Report: Garrett will stay HC of the Cowboys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    I like this decision solely based upon the CBA issues. What if they hire a John Fox/Jeff Fisher and they cannot come in and do any system implementation until August and have to kick off in 3-4 weeks.

its a stretch, but i think Garrett will do a solid job. Just get a decent D Coordinator.
    John Fox just became available.

All predicated on whether Jeff Fisher decides if he's had a bellyful of that repugnant a-hole Bud Adams or not. Jerry has overtly lusted for Fisher in press conferences in the past. Garrett is a team legacy, 2nd-generation Cowboys employee, but imo is actually Jerry's Plan B.

Per Mike Lombardi this morning, Coughlin & other HCs on the various bubbles (Mangini? Sparano?) will probably be retained especially if they have $ due on remaining contract yrs (like Coughlin) b/c of the CBA uncertainly & upcoming possible (but not probable) lockout. So coaches who will be fired this yr already have been, all 5 of them.

Comment

That would be interesting to see Dallas switch to a 4-3 with Fox as D-Coordinator. Ware at DE, Ratliff playing less out of position should play great again, but who else is a decent fit. That 2nd year LB I forget his name seems more like a 4-3 guy, but I don't know who'd be the OLBs.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I never liked Garrett, but I was surprised with how quickly the team turned around once Wade was canned, him taking over lead to a massive turn around in team attitude which helped them more than having Romo could've.

It's a smart move. They need to find a defensive coordinator but there's bound to be a few good ones on the heap. Hell Iron Mike could come in.

Comment

Anyone know the definition or criteria of that "Rooney Rule"? They just mentioned it on NBC, Florio. He said a "minority" has to be interviewed. Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            Anyone know the definition or criteria of that "Rooney Rule"? They just mentioned it on NBC, Florio. He said a "minority" has to be interviewed. Is that it?
            Yea basically that is the rule

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Should've gone after Cowher.

This team needs a hard-ass disciplinarian that will whip them into shape. Cowher would take them to a Super Bowl within 2-3 years, easy. Not so sure about Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                It makes sense. Now they just need a D-coordinator.
                Mike Nolan might be available depending on what goes down in Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post

This team needs a hard-ass disciplinarian that will whip them into shape. Cowher would take them to a Super Bowl within 2-3 years, easy. Not so sure about Garrett.
                  I agree, it seems like they're taking a gamble when they don't have to. They should of at least interviewed some other candidates.
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    Mike Nolan might be available depending on what goes down in Miami.
                    Nolan and Capers are the first 2 on my list, not sure if 1 or both will be available but Capers was almost hired here before he went on to GB, I can easily see him coming.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post

Bill Cowher would never have gone to Dallas.

No owner in football has as much influence over personnel moves as Jerry Jones does and I can't imagine a scenario where Cowher and Jones could peacefully coexist.
                      "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                      17/10/2011

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information