Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Garrett will stay HC of the Cowboys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Can't say I'm happy about this, I've always thought Garrett was a bigger problem than Wade. Classic Jerry Jones move though, because Jason has that puppet-like quality that Jones looks for.
    Last edited by TheFinisher; 01-02-2011, 09:12 AM.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Depends on if the players play hard for him. We'll see.

Comment

You can't just give an NFL team to a ginger!

Comment

It makes sense. Now they just need a D-coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Can't say I'm happy about this, I've always thought Garrett was a bigger problem than Wade. Classic Jerry Jones move though, because Jason has that puppet-like quality that Jones looks for.
          Dude, are you stupid? Do you watch Garrett's press conferences?

He is the oppossite of a puppet. Great hire. So much better than fisher.

Comment

I like this decision solely based upon the CBA issues. What if they hire a John Fox/Jeff Fisher and they cannot come in and do any system implementation until August and have to kick off in 3-4 weeks.

its a stretch, but i think Garrett will do a solid job. Just get a decent D Coordinator.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              Dude, are you stupid? Do you watch Garrett's press conferences?

He is the oppossite of a puppet. Great hire. So much better than fisher.
              We'll agree to disagree at the moment. Ease off the personal attacks though bud.
              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

I believe in Garrett. I hope this news is coming out now so jerry is telling him to lose the game.

Patrick peterson!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm kind of surprised, I figured that Jones would have held Garrett accountable for the disappointing season and hired Jeff Fisher once he presumably gets fired.

Comment

Why?

Fisher is AWFUL.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      I'm kind of surprised, I figured that Jones would have held Garrett accountable for the disappointing season and hired Jeff Fisher once he presumably gets fired.
                      Jerry loves to keep it in the "family", this decision was made 3 years ago. Jerry has been grooming Jason as the next yes-man coach for years.

You want change, you need to do things different. Until Jerry brings in another strong coach like Parcells, this team will continue to downward spiral.
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                        Jerry loves to keep it in the "family", this decision was made 3 years ago. Jerry has been grooming Jason as the next yes-man coach for years.

You want change, you need to do things different. Until Jerry brings in another strong coach like Parcells, this team will continue to downward spiral.
                        Dude your wrong. stop being negative.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                          Dude your wrong. stop being negative.
                          You can't wait to turn every Cowboys thread into a flaming fest can you?

I can't say whether I'm happy or upset because I need to see the OC and DC he brings in. Garrett did a great job since he took over and he impressed me after that debacle at Green Bay, he deserves a shot to at least see if he's a better Head Coach then OC, which at first glance it seems.

He's certainly had his low points as an OC, but I'm willing to give him 2 years to see what he can do with a roster talented enough to make the playoffs. I did want to see if Fisher was out there and interview him, which is the only reason I don't see why we couldn't wait.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            You can't wait to turn every Cowboys thread into a flaming fest can you?

I can't say whether I'm happy or upset because I need to see the OC and DC he brings in. Garrett did a great job since he took over and he impressed me after that debacle at Green Bay, he deserves a shot to at least see if he's a better Head Coach then OC, which at first glance it seems.

He's certainly had his low points as an OC, but I'm willing to give him 2 years to see what he can do with a roster talented enough to make the playoffs. I did want to see if Fisher was out there and interview him, which is the only reason I don't see why we couldn't wait.
                            That's just it, I don't understand why we didn't at least go through an interview process. Jay Glazer reported that Jeff Fisher contacted the Cowboys and expressed his interest to leave Tennessee and come to Dallas but our Front office told him we've already made a decision.

Also, I can't see Garrett being the HC of this team and NOT handling the playcallling, he takes way too much pride in that to give it up.
                            Cowboys Mock:

Comment

I don't see why people have always thought Fisher would even really be interested in the Dallas job anyways. He's miserable in Tennessee because of a meddling owner making personnel decisions. Why would he leave here to do the same thing over again in Dallas for Jerruh?
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information