No announcement yet.

Giants exercise "buy-back" option on QB Manning's contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A report that the Giants have extended quarterback Eli Manning's contract through the 2012 season is not true, according to the team.
    -- Bergen Record

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

Looks like they are going to make him stumble through a season without Tiki before extending him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      This move says what Giant fans have been saying for a long time now: The problem isn't Eli Manning.

Whats the problem? Thats a complicated question with lots of answers. The WR core gets no separation, and is aging. The oline is average. The coach runs Air Coryell in the hardest stadium to throw in, he never runs the ball, and never adjusts his playbook, nor his playcalling. We have divas with attitudes...the list goes on and on. But from watching Eli Manning, being an X and O junky, and a diehard Giant fan, I can tell you this: Eli Manning is not the problem, not entirely at least. If I had to point the finger at one guy, its Tom Coughlin. He's the guy who's ruining Eli Manning's potential.
      I agree. Watching them, I am completely befuddled as to how Coughlin still has a job. That team just screams "poorly coached". All of the stupid penalties, a late season total collapse, that is the coach's fault. No team should go 2-6 the second half after going 6-2 the first. No team should get 11 false starts in one game. They are HORRIBLY coached. I HATE TOM COUGHLIN.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
        A report that the Giants have extended quarterback Eli Manning's contract through the 2012 season is not true, according to the team.
        -- Bergen Record

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

Looks like they are going to make him stumble through a season without Tiki before extending him.
        They still extended him, just not in that way.

Comment

He's just an average quarterback. The Giants will not go to any Super Bowl as long as he's the quarterback which is good for the NFC. Does poorly under pressure situation, had too many inconsistent throws, poor decision making on the field. He just doesn't have the qualities of these super bowl quarterbacks like Montana,Elway,and Brady.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information