X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, upgrade run support wise.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Any conditions to the pick? Did Arch restructure his contract?

Comment

As a Redskins fan you have no idea how exciting it is to get an extra 6th rounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Its a good move because they get what they need and basically use a 6th round pick for it.

The problem is, a team with not many holes, they couldve used a draft pick on a safety in this draft. Theres a TON of talented safeties in this draft, and chances are theyd give more production than Arch. Now granted, you'd spend an earlier pick opposed to a 6th on it, but still, you'd get cheaper, younger talent.

I guess you can scratch the Michael Griffin to the Bears ideas.

Comment

I really just don't understand how a team can go from loving this guy so much last offseason and making him the highest paid safety in the league to trading him for a mere 6th round pick. Then again, it is the Redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
              I really just don't understand how a team can go from loving this guy so much last offseason and making him the highest paid safety in the league to trading him for a mere 6th round pick. Then again, it is the Redskins.
              Well he was a 3rd string safety the 2nd half of the year so we had to cut loose ends, bad signing for sure, but better than having him rot on our team doing nothing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I think it is a pretty good trade for 6th, considering how bad the run was after Brown got hurt. I just hope he restructures he contract.

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

I know its not exactly on topic, but seriously...if Urlacher wants to think he's a big bad MIKE who's the undisputed best in the league, he needs to stop getting bitched against the run. Hit that A gap you overrated assclown.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    I know its not exactly on topic, but seriously...if Urlacher wants to think he's a big bad MIKE who's the undisputed best in the league, he needs to stop getting bitched against the run. Hit that A gap you overrated assclown.
                    OH SNAP!! get um blue

but really i agree after the superbowl

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

So it's official, Arch will be a probowler next year.

Oh wow, its a CONDITIONAL 6th round pick too.
                      Last edited by portis_clinton; 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a terrific addition for the Bears. I know Archuleta can't cover for his life, but their safeties were very soft in run support in the Super Bowl and they need some depth. Archuleta can bring some hitting and tenacity on situational downs, but I hope they don't plan on using him on 3rd and long.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Overall, as a Bears fan and someone who grew up watching the Skins, this move made sense from both sides. Despite the Redskins hanging on to Archuleta far longer than anyone anticipated, it was clear that, they were simply buying time to restructure and deal. He wasn't going to be around, not after last year when he went and talked to the media about issues in the locker room (Tom Friend - Wootton High School graduate), and by some accounts, didn't make himself any friends in the locker room due to that, and with the coaches. He was a misfit relative to the modified cover 2 that Gregg Williams tried to run. Redskins still need competition at safety, but Archuleta wasn't in the plans and getting something for him makes sense. THis may allow them to add DB depth or OL depth.

For the Bears, it was only a 6th round pick, and Adam goes to a situation where the HC wanted him and knows him. Archuleta provides support at the strong safety spot, and assuming his skills haven't declined (and I don't think it has physically, I just think he was miscast in the role Gregg tried to use him, which may be more of an indictment on Williams pushing for him, as everyone knew Adam's limitations very well). He'll likely get the starting strong safety spot, which puts into play, what happens with Mike Brown. If healthy, Brown could ostensibly move back to FS, buying time for Danieal Manning to learn some more (and ... if they wanted to work Manning some at corner as well, that is a thought). Wouldn't surprise me if Mike got cut either, but I'd lean against that for now.

Relative to the draft, this is probably the first step in Washington making moves. People love to criticize Washington and the draft, but criticizing them for their ability to work the draft isn't really fair. Criticizing them for throwing away draft picks ... now that's fair. But they move to target the guys they want (albeit, their scouting is iffy, not with the scouts, but the decision makers, namely one Vinny Cerato ... and if people read the Jason LaCanfora blog, it further hints at the rumblings all offseason that the Redskins FO will get some shakeup and that the power has somewhat shifted with Vinny Cerato likely having less of a role, which has been rumored all along). Look for Washington to begin talks to slide back, and based on past history, I would expect something to happen before the draft, rather than during the draft. They will likely move back, as they don't have many big needs, but a lot of depth concerns.

For the Bears, this likely removes S from consideration, although I didn't think that was a strong possibility to begin with. With every passing day of Ruben Brown not resigning, I think that increases the chances on OL. As of now, the bet would be on OL and WR/LB. If Briggs gets moved, that would make linebacker a definitive yes.

Comment

Originally posted by portis_clinton View Post
                            So it's official, Arch will be a probowler next year.

Oh wow, its a CONDITIONAL 6th round pick too.
                            yep it could go up to a 5th if he plays good

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

So much for me saying the Bears wont restructure his contract.

Comment

who cares hes not that good

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information