Divisional Playoffs Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    The thing you have to remember about internet message boards is that you're likely always going to encounter the extreme members/views of a fan base because more moderate people aren't going to spend time on the internet talking about football.
    Yea, this is very true. And for me at least, I only feel this way about most of them on here, I don't really care about Packers fans in real life. But the majority of the fans on here deserve it when everyone mocks them.

Originally posted by Morton View Post
    If it wasn't for all the injuries, I'm sure the Packers would easily dispatch the Falcons.
    See.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      Absolutely. Last year the Bears had a bunch of injuries and we sucked (for the record, I still don't think we are that good this year. We just had a good season).

But it's not just injuries. Every single bad thing that happens during a Packer game, Packer fans (not all) come up with some excuse as to how it wasn't their players' fault. They act like if they weren't injured, or if an invisible person didn't make so and so fumble/throw an INT, or if the refs weren't costing games by calling penalties, that the Packers would be undefeated.

Again, it's not all Packers fans, but they need to stop acting like they are the best team ever and nothing bad is their fault. Admit that when you screw up, you screw up. Stop saying, "Well if Jennings didn't drop that pass...or if we didn't get called for a BS hold there" because those things did happen, and chances are, it wasn't a huge conspiracy to keep the Packers down.
      And it's not just Packer fans. Teams of every fan base do that. It's just more noticeable with the Packer fans because they're a rival and they happen to be one of the most populated fans bases on here.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        I love how you posted this given your sig. Absolutely ridiculous
        My favourite part is a week ago they had the same career playoff record...

Comment

TBH, you guys must not frequent many more huge forums, the community is very reasonable around here, there are extremists, but posting on RealGM these days on the basketball side makes my head want to explode to see some of the things these people believe.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Two quick facts I found interesting:

- In the past 7 years, 7 different teams have represented the NFC in the Superbowl. For the AFC, only 3.

CAR, PHI, SEA, CHI, NYG, ARI, NO
            NE, IND, PIT

- Ben Roetglisberger and Mike Tomlin together have never lost to the Baltimore Ravens. Scores since Tomlin was hired, from most recent to longest ago:

W 13-10
            L 14-17 (Batch was starter, Ben was suspended)
            W 23-20
            L 17-20 (Dixon was starter, Ben was injured)
            W 23-14 (AFCCG)
            W 13-9
            W 23-20
            L 21-27 (Batch was starter)
            W 38-7 (First game together)

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

And it's not just Packer fans. Teams of every fan base do that. It's just more noticeable with the Packer fans because they're a rival and they happen to be one of the most populated fans bases on here.
              Yea, but it's not just Bears/Vikings/Lions fans making fun of them. Almost everyone on here is doing it because almost everyone is annoyed by them.

And again, it's just everyone giving Packers fans a hard time because of how annoying those certian posters are. No one is saying the Packers suck or can't win anything, most realize they are a good team that's been unlucky. It just gets old after a while to listen to the constant excuses and whining. It'd be the same if any fanbase were doing it, not just the rival of NFC North teams.

Comment

here's my take: (as a totally unbiased fan)
                I've NEVER had a problem with the Pack. My brother is a packers fan. A few years back we went to Lambeau. It ruled. I wore my big winter Giants coat and the fans there were great. They were smart enough to know that even though the Pack were playing the Jets, I wasn't rooting for the Jets. They were great people, one guy bought my grandpa a beer because he liked his Notre Dame jacket. Fans were great, not a rival, etc.

I also like a lot of posters on here and have had some great conversations with them and a lot are great dudes, but it just got a little ridiculous where a certain group of posters would bring the Packers into EVERYTHING and bring up injuries. It got annoying, and guys here picked up and ran with the joke (and had some pretty classic posts/pictures). It just became a generalization amongst all the fans here.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Ah, Packer fans. Right now on their board they are talking about how a guy who rushed for 100 yards this season...at an average of 3.5 YPC...is the next Adrian Peterson.

Oh, and how everyone in the Matthews family is a once-in-a-lifetime, first ballot hall of fame talent because they're gritty and try really, really, super duper, extra hard (a.k.a they're white).

This is why we make fun of them. This is why we American Football.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    Oh, and how everyone in the Matthews family is a once-in-a-lifetime, first ballot hall of fame talent because they're gritty and try really, really, super duper, extra hard

Please explain to me how that's not true... :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      The ridiculousness of the media's painting of Belichick as a bland, monotone figure with no emotion or personality has really gone too far. It's just silly. The guy cracks jokes (he's hilarious) and when someone gets him talking about football (not asking him stupid generic questions), he gets really excited and drops some serious knowledge (both history and X's & O's).

But I guess because he doesn't make a fool of himself or talk trash, he's boring. Whatever.

(This is mainly in response to the Roar v. Bore headline on one of the papers)
                      Education of a Coach - read it.

And I just want to chime in on the Packers. They are very, very, very ******* good, easy to root for, and fun. I'd be overzealous, excited, and annoying to my rivals also if I were a Packer fan. Eh, I'm already those things as a ******* Seahawks fan. Elite eight baby! lolololol
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

The Falcons are all about Michael Turner and Roddy White. Bracket White and load the box to stop Turner, it's that simple gameplan wise. Execution is a different story of course.

But if you can stop Turner early and take away White or at least slow him down, you'll beat the Falcons.

I think the Packers can do a good job of slowing town White, but I question if they're tough enough up front to shut down Turner.

I think Turner bangs them up front. This is going to be a close game bc of that.

Comment

^It's more about Turner than anything. White usually gets going when Turner does.

That team's success is usually predicated on establishing the run, which is why I don't understand when Matt Ryan is talked about as clearly better than the Flacco group and at the same level as Rivers/Rodgers/Ben/Vick.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            The Falcons are all about Michael Turner and Roddy White. Bracket White and load the box to stop Turner, it's that simple gameplan wise. Execution is a different story of course.

But if you can stop Turner early and take away White or at least slow him down, you'll beat the Falcons.

I think the Packers can do a good job of slowing town White, but I question if they're tough enough up front to shut down Turner.

I think Turner bangs them up front. This is going to be a close game bc of that.
                            See Falcons-Steelers, Week 2.

Steelers did it a bit differently though. They did shut down Turner as you said, 19 rushes for 42 yards, 2.2 average, long of 7.

With White they did something a bit different. They allowed him to make some catches but never for a big gain. He had 13 catches for 111 yards, with only 13 being after the catch. 8.9 avg, long of 18.

I don't know if it was on purpose, but I got the feeling that the defense was giving Ryan the ability to throw to White so he got comfortable thrwoing to him and not other. Out of Ryan's 44 attempts, he only completed 27, and half of those were to White. Eventually the defense knew Ryan would keep going to White and Polamalu picked him off after reading his eyes/body.

Also interesting to note that it was Bryant McFadden, not Ike Taylor, who covered White the most, further supporting my idea that the defense wanted Ryan to keep targetting White.

End result was allowing only 9 points, the least amount of points the Falcons scored all season.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                              See Falcons-Steelers, Week 2.

Steelers did it a bit differently though. They did shut down Turner as you said, 19 rushes for 42 yards, 2.2 average, long of 7.

With White they did something a bit different. They allowed him to make some catches but never for a big gain. He had 13 catches for 111 yards, with only 13 being after the catch. 8.9 avg, long of 18.

I don't know if it was on purpose, but I got the feeling that the defense was giving Ryan the ability to throw to White so he got comfortable thrwoing to him and not other. Out of Ryan's 44 attempts, he only completed 27, and half of those were to White. Eventually the defense knew Ryan would keep going to White and Polamalu picked him off after reading his eyes/body.

Also interesting to note that it was Bryant McFadden, not Ike Taylor, who covered White the most, further supporting my idea that the defense wanted Ryan to keep targetting White.

End result was allowing only 9 points, the least amount of points the Falcons scored all season.
                              Yup.

And while those are good fantasy stats, they aren't really all that meaningful, especially considering the points they scored and the lack of other options around Ryan.

But that was VERY early in the year.

And if you add in how many passes were intended for White (including the pick) the ypa to him in that game was probably around 7, which is incredibly low for a WR, and easy to live with for a defense.

They need to run the ball effectively. What works in their favor is that GB isn't all that stout against the run.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Steelers, Pats, Packers, Bears win

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information