No announcement yet.

Your teams best player for the #1 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton Manning for Calvin Johnson? I'll keep Peyton, thanks.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

For all you Colts fans saying you won't trade Peyton:

Just imagine the possibilities: Sorgi to Harrison, Sorgi to Wayne, Sorgi to Johnson.........

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        John Henderson for Calvin Johnson?

No, although it's admittably tempting.
        What if it was Marcus Stroud for the 1st pick, would you do it???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          Shaun Rogers for the #1? Sure.

Roy Williams for the #1? Sure.

Ernie Sims for the #1? Sure.
          Damn!!! I would love to see Roy Williams or Rogers here in Nashville.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

hell no clarence moore for ever. 6'6">6'5" all day

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              Calvin Johnson for Frank Gore, no thanks.

umm yes please, we slot anyone in the backfield and they'd be productive (to some extent) and Alex has a new life partner

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

NO, I think I would keep Lee Evans considering the dude is a stud and no one in the draft has proven jack yet....If anyone is willing to give up their teams best player for # 1 then you shouldn't be a GM or your team really stinks

Comment

I would give up winlsow or Braylon or Sean Jones or someone else to get #1 and #3. That way we could get AP and CJ or BQ. WE could fix alot of holes.
                  Go Dodgers, Browns, and Saints.
                  Dodgers will miss Eric Gagne. We should have taken the risk

Comment

Well... as a Jets fan, it's hard. We have no 1 big named top of the line player. Who is our best player? The young and talented (but still learning the 3-4) former defensive rookie of the year Jon Vilma? The should-be pro bowler and former All-Rookie team Safety Kerry Rhodes? The top 10 in the NFL over the past 3 years DE Shaun Ellis? The top 10 QB when healthy, but oft injured Chad Pennington? The recently traded for RB Thomas Jones? Last year's late 1st round pick Nick Mangold? Last year's early first round pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who is more talented than Nick Mangold, but was outperformed this year? The tenacious and speedy WR Laveranues Coles?

Depends on which one you'd choose. I'd keep D'Brick, Mangold, Vilma, and Ellis. The others I would trade.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                      If you traded Dansby for the #1 overall pick and drafted Calvin Johnson, you would have the sickest WR core ever.

Then you would have the #5 overall pick. Trade down with that pick to around #20 and draft Dwayne Jarrett and would pick up a lot of day one picks with that trade. You spend the rest of the picks on Oline and you would produce the most dominant offense ever.
                      Matt Millen is that really you?

Comment

Drew Brees for the #1? Nah... Drews in his prime. Deuce for the #1? Sure.

Comment

It'd be tough with the Seahawks. Factoring in that we could trade the pick, grab someone like Thomas, Branch, Adams, or even Landry, and have a multitude of other picks or players, that'd be very tough to pass up, especially with Walter slowly going on the decline. It'd scrap the Super Bowl hopes for the year most likely, but looking towards the future, I don't know.

As for the Jets, considering their best player is Vilma, I'd do it. I love the guy, but he realistically isn't the greatest fit for the 3-4 and with CJ there, I'd have to do it.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I would say our best player is Morrison (maybe Burgess) and while he'd be a tough player to lose, it would be a no brainer to trade him for the #1 (or in our case #2 pick). We could always get Patrick Willis in a trade down but the likely scenario is we get Russell and CJ, which is a great foundation to set for an offense. That could be an incredible QB-WR combo.

Comment

A punter for the first overall pick
                              hmmm...

Comment

Ravens best player is prolly 1 of Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Chris McAlister, or Jonathan Ogden so lets go player by player

Ed Reed.....no
                                Ray Lewis....no
                                Chris McAlister....no
                                Jonathan Ogden....I'd trade him for Calvin Johnson
                                HALL OF FAMER!
                                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information