Tom Brady: The Cautionary Tale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    Some of these arguments I'm reading are bordering on "Brady and Manning are hurting their teams."
    When a QB has a bad game, it hurts the team drastically.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      Well really that's what the Colts have said for 10 years now. Peyton is good so who gives a **** about our defense? Or offensive line?
      No they haven't. The Colts have tried to address those needs. The problem has been injuries and personnel moves that haven't panned out. Picks like Tony Ugoh, Donald Brown, Marcus Howard, etc are hurting them They've missed on quite a few picks in recent year. The jury is still out on the 2010 Draft, but Jerry Hughes isn't looking like a good pick so far either.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        When a QB has a bad game, it hurts the team drastically.
        Oh please, like Brady is suddenly so horrible and played bad today. The Patriots lost because the Jets were the better team yesterday, not because Tom Brady was playing bad.

Comment

Oh please, like Brady is suddenly so horrible and played bad today. The Patriots lost because the Jets were the better team yesterday, not because Tom Brady was playing bad.
          Tom Brady really did play poorly though. If a team is reliant on your QB playing that well like the Pats are and they play as mediocre as Brady did today you're going to lose 9 times out of 10. It's not like the Pats have amazing talent offensively that can overcome that.

Comment

Exactly. The Pats won superbowls when they were good enough to sustain a bad or mediocre game from Brady.

Look at the 16-0 Pats again. Brady was perfect all year, and had one real hiccup game, and they lost it.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Tom Brady really did play poorly though. If a team is reliant on your QB playing that well like the Pats are and they play as mediocre as Brady did today you're going to lose 9 times out of 10. It's not like the Pats have amazing talent offensively that can overcome that.
              No, he didn't. The Jets just played better than the Patriots. You're going to lose 7 or 8 times out of 10 when the other team scores 28 points. Brady played well, but so did Sanchez, the Jets defense, and most of the rest of the Jets team.

Comment

No, he didn't. The Jets just played better than the Patriots. You're going to lose 7 or 8 times out of 10 when the other team scores 28 points. Brady played well, but so did Sanchez, the Jets defense, and most of the rest of the Jets team.

The Pats scored more than 28 the majority of the year. That's what they needed. New England's defense was 25th in the league this year, it was bound to catch up with them if Brady didn't play like he did this regular season. He was on a completely different page from his receivers all game long and never came up with the big throw when they needed it. I don't care what the stats say at the end of the game.

Comment

Wait....... so the New York Jets football team won? Thomas Brady didn't single handedly choke the game away?

I don't understand. When teams lose, its entirely the fault of the losing quarterback. That timeout with 29 seconds was called by Peyton Manning. Drew Brees was the one who couldn't tackle Marshawn Lynch. Matt Hasselback dropped all of those passes. ITS ALWAYS THE FAULT OF THE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!! ALWAYS.

Comment

I seriously hope you're not talking to me individually Crickett, because I never even implied that Brady lost the game singlehandedly.

Comment

brdys sucks baowls
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Yeah, Tom Brady suddenly couldn't make big throws and was on a different page from his receivers. The 29 passes he completed must have been a result of dumb luck.

Comment

I seriously hope you're not talking to me individually Crickett, because I never even implied that Brady lost the game singlehandedly.
                          No I'm not.

I'm getting frustrated over the idea that teams don't lose anymore, quarterbacks choke. Well, that and the idea that there are no good quarterbacks. Tom Brady? Hasn't won anything in years. Peyton Manning? Only got a ring because he had some many chances. Michael Vick? He was good for a couple of games, but petered out towards the end of the season. And by petered out, I mean didn't have 400 yards passing and 5 touchdowns every game. As if the legendary quarterbacks of yesteryear never lost a freakin' game in their prime.

Comment

Yeah, Tom Brady suddenly couldn't make big throws and was on a different page from his receivers. The 29 passes he completed must have been a result of dumb luck.
                            29 that weren't on 3rd downs or situations that they really needed. Not to mention that that was on 45 attempts. Come on man you have to come with more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              No I'm not.

I'm getting frustrated over the idea that teams don't lose anymore, quarterbacks choke. Well, that and the idea that there are no good quarterbacks. Tom Brady? Hasn't won anything in years. Peyton Manning? Only got a ring because he had some many chances. Michael Vick? He was good for a couple of games, but petered out towards the end of the season. And by petered out, I mean didn't have 400 yards passing and 5 touchdowns every game. As if the legendary quarterbacks of yesteryear never lost a freakin' game in their prime.

Ok yeah I can definitely agree with that. Tom Brady is still one of the top 5 QB's ever. Manning is still in the top 10. Vick only didn't win the MVP this year because Brady had one of the GOAT regular seasons. But how you perform when things don't go perfectly for you should have some say in your all time ranking as a quarterback. Brady just didn't play that well today, and to a certain extent it cost his team the game. Not totally, but if he would have played as well as he did in the regular season, who knows maybe the Pats pull it out.

Comment

I really believe the Pats draft philosophy of trading down to acquire more picks is hurting the team. Sure they have great depth & a bunch of nice players but not many standouts. Yes Brady is a standout on offense but who else? No. 1 receiver - NO, Top 10 RB - NO, Great TE - maybe but too early. The defense - people say Chung this great young player but he ****** up several times tonight, Mayo missed tackles etc.

Anyways does anyone think that with Moss the score may have been different? Revis may have shut him down but Branch & Welker.......... in hindsight maybe a 3rd wasn't such a great deal ? IMHO

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information