An inconvenient truth for Gore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    If you're selling a house you don't put the price at what you want, you put it about 20 thousand more than you want, and allow people to haggle you down. Rosenhaus says he wants X number of dollars, but realistically he'll settle for a lot less.
    exactly the case

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

Comment

I dont think he is even a top 5 RB yet...he had a great year, no question...but he has injury history and 1 good year... let him prove he can carry the load for at least 2 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by lurkin012 View Post
        no way he is much beter than willis mgchee he shood get dobble his money
        Are you his illegitimate kid or something? Gore has some work to do before he earns anywhere top 5 RB money, nevermind top 5 overall money...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          He shouldn't even be the highest paid player on his team...
          What 49er should be paid more?

Also, what exactly has McGahee proven other than his ability to put up very pedestrian numbers on a consistent basis?

Comment

Did anyone expect anything less of Rosenhaus?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Gore's got 3 yrs left on his contract so really the 9ers dont have to do anything. I think they'd like to help him but theres no way he's getting top 5 money or even top 10

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                Gore's got 3 yrs left on his contract so really the 9ers dont have to do anything. I think they'd like to help him but theres no way he's getting top 5 money or even top 10
                No, his contract is up after this season. He will then become a RFA. He would be tendered at the highest level. The following year he would be franchised.

Comment

yeah im not 100% sold on Gore yet as an elite back.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabjuice View Post
                    No, his contract is up after this season. He will then become a RFA. He would be tendered at the highest level. The following year he would be franchised.
                    After he goes ape on the league next year, we HAVE to give him a big bonus. I mean he is the best player on our team and still young. Plus he is great guy not a greedy ass like his agent. He wont be the highest paid player in the L and not even the richest on our team but he will defn get his.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                    Originally posted by DLS42
                    Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

I can agree that Gore might deserve more than his rookie contract is giving him, but Top flight money he does not deserve.

Comment

Uggghh. If I was Nolan, I would re-sign Smiley now and wait until next off-season before I pay Gore anything more then what he's getting now on his rookie contract.

When he becomes an RFA in 2008, I would tender him at the highest level possible which I believe requires a first rounder and a third rounder as compensation. Of course, that's only if he repeats in 2007 what he did in 2006.

It would all depend on what he does in 2007, period.

Comment

getting a glimpse of this year, gore can be a really talented back in the NFL...he can do everything, and he is REALLY good inside the goal line, and young, but he always had talent at UM just stayed hurt ever since i can remember...he deserves a raise, but i hope he doesnt hold out for a crazy deal, i do agree its smart that the niners try to keep him happy for his good year

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Frank Gore is a 29 year old RB in a 24 year old's body. He'll be done in T-minus 3 years.

Comment

The 49ers aren't gonna give him the leagues best deal, but he'll be paid like a top 5-10 back. I think they're a little hesitant because of what happened with Kevan Barlow. One great year, fell off the next. I think Frank Gore is a lot better though and deserves a contract around 4 years 26 million with 15 guaranteed.

Comment

I think he should have another good season then he can demand that raise. And as the rest have spoken, having Drew as your agent, is not a good sign. He pushes a good deal for his clients, but sometimes he pushes it too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information