An inconvenient truth for Gore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a solution.

7 year 80 Million dollar contract. Then for every fumble, he loses 1 Mill.

That should put him around 7 years for say... 5-10M?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
      I have a solution.

I'm pretty sure Gore only fumbled once in the last half of the season. The first 8 games he fumbled alot though...especially the 4 lost fumbles in the first 4 games or so...

He looks to have corrected the problem though....we'll see this year.

Comment

The 49ers are dealing with Rosenhaus here. Gore is going to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
          The 49ers are dealing with Rosenhaus here. Gore is going to get paid.
          that's true. But on the other hand, he did only have ONE good year, I don't think the 49ers are naive enough to immediately hand him such a monster salary.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
            Are you his illegitimate kid or something? Gore has some work to do before he earns anywhere top 5 RB money, nevermind top 5 overall money...
            no he is the secund best runer in the leeg behind ladaynein tomlensin

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              I have a solution.

Yea, real funny.

Btw, I noticed Willie Parker had 1 more fumble than gore this year http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527
              http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568
              It's funny that gore got all the publicity for his problem, and parker got none. Not only that, but 4 of gores 6 fumbles, were in the first 4 games, so he's clearly over his problem.
              Last edited by sup3rk1ng; 03-22-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Mind View Post
                The 49ers aren't gonna give him the leagues best deal, but he'll be paid like a top 5-10 back. I think they're a little hesitant because of what happened with Kevan Barlow. One great year, fell off the next. I think Frank Gore is a lot better though and deserves a contract around 4 years 26 million with 15 guaranteed.
                I doubt that has much to do with it. Barlow had never proven that he could carry the load, he was splitting time with hearst. Gore isn't a one year wonder, or a product of any "system". Niner fans knew what gore could do... he lead our team in rushing last year with only 1 start and lead all rookies in ypc. He was an absolute force everytime he carried the ball. He finished the last 3 games of his rookie year with 255 yards on 54 carries(4.7 ypc). The only thing they're concerned with is his injury history.

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
                  I doubt that has much to do with it. Barlow had never proven that he could carry the load, he was splitting time with hearst. Gore isn't a one year wonder, or a product of any "system". Niner fans knew what gore could do... he lead our team in rushing last year with only 1 start and lead all rookies in ypc. He was an absolute force everytime he carried the ball. He finished the last 3 games of his rookie year with 255 yards on 54 carries(4.7 ypc). The only thing they're concerned with is his injury history.
                  But you still have to be concenred about his knees if you're the niners. If health wasn't a concern then this would be a no-brainer, but because of those mitigating circumstances, I'm not sure if you'll see him get signed to a long term top three type of deal.

Comment

I am probably the biggest niner fan but never post. Gore was great but they cant pay him top dollar yet. Remember how bad of a cap situation the niners were in when they went on their slide. That is because they gave players big money after short great performances. I love gore but he needs another good year. If LJ cant get a contract extension after his performance 2 years ago Gore doesn't deserve sh*t. Larry Allen played like a beast last year that is what made Gore do what he did. I don't expect Allen to do the same so if Gore does near what he did last year then the extension is warrented.

Comment

I think every 9er fan loves Gore but to give him a huge contract is simply irresponsible - he has had injury concerns and he's only done it for 1 year. Also his style does not bode well for longjevity. Give him a raise but keep it reasonable

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

how bout the 49ers take a stand and let some other poor sucker pay him 10 Mil a year.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information