Jay Cutler has a MCL sprain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hoekd0250 View Post
    Allowing the team a better shot at winning,not playing half *** injured the whole game to show your toughness.
    Sounds like someone we all know and will sorely miss this upcoming season if he retires.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• The bottom line on Cutler is this: through five years, his career is a lot of hype with little substance. He was hailed as the next great franchise QB. Some unnecessary drama followed him, some of that created by him. He believes his own hype (my arm is stronger than Elway) and is uncooperative with the media. He doesn't exactly endear himself to fellow NFL players either. Result? He's placed squarely under a microscope.

Thus, when a situation like this occurs on a national stage, fair or not, he becomes a target. All year long his fans praised his toughness for taking a bevy of sacks (question, if Cutler is tough for taking 50+ sacks, what does that make David Carr, the Iron Fist? Just sayin'). Therefore, the critics are going to jump all over a situation where it's percieved he showed a lack of toughness.

Fair or not, he's taking a beating from people not just because of now but because we were made to believe he was the next Favre/Elway for most of his career and he hasn't lived up to that. And the truth is, it's not fair. If you're injured, you are injured. From the Bears standpoint too, they have a long term investment in the guy. He can't play, he can't play. If it were another QB it would be over by now, but it just happened to be the most controversial QB in the NFL next to Favre. So it's blown up into a non-stop media feeding frenzy.
      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        I still hold the opinion that the decision to put in Collins over Hanie was the bigger topic of the game. But maybe that's just me.
        Couldn't agree more, thought it was a mistake all season long that Mike Martz rated Todd Collins over Caleb Hanie. Felt like he gave into the media pressure that the Bears 'needed a veteran quarterback' behind Jay Cutler, but it was pretty clear to anyone that had been following the Bears that Caleb was more talented than any of the veterans ont he market.
        "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
        17/10/2011

Comment

• adkfjas;fjad;skfasdfds

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
            adkfjas;fjad;skfasdfds
            id have to agree with this

Comment

• Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
              The bottom line on Cutler is this: through five years, his career is a lot of hype with little substance. He was hailed as the next great franchise QB. Some unnecessary drama followed him, some of that created by him. He believes his own hype (my arm is stronger than Elway) and is uncooperative with the media. He doesn't exactly endear himself to fellow NFL players either. Result? He's placed squarely under a microscope.

Thus, when a situation like this occurs on a national stage, fair or not, he becomes a target. All year long his fans praised his toughness for taking a bevy of sacks (question, if Cutler is tough for taking 50+ sacks, what does that make David Carr, the Iron Fist? Just sayin'). Therefore, the critics are going to jump all over a situation where it's percieved he showed a lack of toughness.

Fair or not, he's taking a beating from people not just because of now but because we were made to believe he was the next Favre/Elway for most of his career and he hasn't lived up to that. And the truth is, it's not fair. If you're injured, you are injured. From the Bears standpoint too, they have a long term investment in the guy. He can't play, he can't play. If it were another QB it would be over by now, but it just happened to be the most controversial QB in the NFL next to Favre. So it's blown up into a non-stop media feeding frenzy.
              I understand were you're coming from and you made valid points. It's not his fault though that people have these massive expectations for him. I'm a Bears fan and I don't expect him to single handedly win us a SB. I question his accuracy, decision making and at times his attitude but not his toughness and that's what's being questioned right now. Question whatever you want about him but he's as tough as they come and thr staff pulled him so again this is a non issue.

Comment

• I feel dumber now.

And I figured Jay Cutler would have quieted some of the critics who said he'd never make the playoffs or win a playoff game but I guess not.

The guy made it to the NFC Championship game in his 2nd year with the team with arguably the worst oline in the NFL, and a mediocre WR core. That's not too shabby.

Give him an actual functioning offense and maybe he can do it again. Who knows, I'm just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I feel dumber now.

And I figured Jay Cutler would have quieted some of the critics who said he'd never make the playoffs or win a playoff game but I guess not.

The guy made it to the NFC Championship game in his 2nd year with the team with arguably the worst oline in the NFL, and a mediocre WR core. That's not too shabby.

Give him an actual functioning offense and maybe he can do it again. Who knows, I'm just throwing it out there.
                  Pretty much. Like I said, I was hard on him in the gameday thread and early in his thread, but that was clearly based off of what the sensationalized media was giving us at the time.

I will say, though, that he needs better....self-awareness I guess the word I'm looking for is. Having poor body language is the only thing he's guilty of at this point. But again, that's not even really fair, because people will use it to validate whatever (unfounded) opinion of him they previously held.

Like I said, his relationship with the media reminds me of a younger Kobe Bryant.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Pretty much. Like I said, I was hard on him in the gameday thread and early in his thread, but that was clearly based off of what the sensationalized media was giving us at the time.

I will say, though, that he needs better....self-awareness I guess the word I'm looking for is. Having poor body language is the only thing he's guilty of at this point. But again, that's not even really fair, because people will use it to validate whatever (unfounded) opinion of him they previously held.

Like I said, his relationship with the media reminds me of a younger Kobe Bryant.
                    Me personally...I love the fact that he's a total douchebag. I find it refreshing. In today's fake world of public perception, I appreciate a guy who doesn't care and doesn't try to be the guy America wants him to be.

Just do your job. That's all that matters. Look at Ben. You can rape people as long as you win while you're doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I feel dumber now.

He beat one of the worst teams in playoff history that blew its wad beating the Saints the week before. Seattle was the 27th ranked defense and their secondary was terrible. Combine all that with a west coast team traveling east and playing in the snow. I'm not changing my opinion on Cutler because of that.

Everybody said that when it comes to crunch time Cutler will not step up to the plate. Until that happens I have major questions about his ability to lead his team to a super bowl ring.

Chicago had a good season overall but completely ignoring the perfect storm of luck they had this year is a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        He beat one of the worst teams in playoff history that blew its wad beating the Saints the week before. Seattle was the 27th ranked defense and their secondary was terrible. Combine all that with a west coast team traveling east and playing in the snow. I'm not changing my opinion on Cutler because of that.

Everybody said that when it comes to crunch time Cutler will not step up to the plate. Until that happens I have major questions about his ability to lead his team to a super bowl ring.

Chicago had a good season overall but completely ignoring the perfect storm of luck they had this year is a mistake.
                        Fair enough. I agree that Chicago overachieved. It's part of the reason why I'm so ticked off that the Giants missed out on the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Outside of Philly and GB, I felt the NFC was extremely mediocre this year, we had just as good of a shot as anybody if we got in the dance.

But to make a counter point, you know who was even more overrated than the Bears? The Falcons.

The Falcons were arguably the most overrated 1 seed I've ever seen. And Matt Ryan is hailed as the next Peyton Manning, yet he hasn't even won a playoff game yet (maybe he is the next Peyton, lulz).

So while Jay beat up on a mediocre team, the fact remains that he still did it. It's not like he wet the bed. He still had a great game against them.

I just think at this point, we all have our opinions of Jay set in stone, and nothing will change that.

Jay reminds me of Eli in a way. His perception is not reflective of his true worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                          Not the same. Grade I vs Grade II. That's the difference between stretching and tearing.

If you get shot in the head with a pistol and I get shot in the head with a BB gun, I'm not going to call you a ***** for not walking around and doing all of the stuff I do...despite the fact that we both suffered projectile shots to the head.

Comment

• One of my friends just got a grade 2 MCL tear last week. When asked if he could plant and throw a football, his answer was "if it was a championship game, throw a brace on and hell yeah ill play".

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I still think he should have been out there. He was obviously capable, albeit it very limited, but it's putting Collins in the championship game. Tough it out, and if the game starts to get ugly, then pull the plug. But that was still a very winnable game.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                One of my friends just got a grade 2 MCL tear last week. When asked if he could plant and throw a football, his answer was "if it was a championship game, throw a brace on and hell yeah ill play".
                                Its easy to say you'll do something when you know you'll never have to try and do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information