Cromartie vs. Hasselbeck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should not be saying that.

Players who speak out like that, putting pressure on their union to "get heads out of their asses and just get a deal done" are playing right into the owners hands. That sentiment, if it is shared by a lot more players, is just going to allow the owners to pull more over on the players.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

"I will smash your face in."

I would love to see how the Seahawks team would respond to that should it actually happen. Wouldn't mind seeing Cromartie get his **** stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
        I don't see what's reasonable about what Cromartie said. This whole thing basically comes down to money and he said forget the money and just get it done. He's just nervous because if they don't play next year he's not gonna be able to pay his ridiculous child support.
        He wasn't talking about just the players. He was talking about everybody involved.

Take his words for what they were. All he said was both sides need to get it done, and I agree.

And he made good points as well. About jobs being lost, about players not being able to get treatment. The man didn't say anything wrong, he just didn't say it eloquently.

And people are putting words in his mouth.

Comment

Matt is a ***** for punking out and apologizing. Does anybody have the original tweet from Hassleback?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
            Matt is a ***** for punking out and apologizing. Does anybody have the original tweet from Hassleback?
            Yeah the way he jokingly brushed that off and apologized was pretty dainty on his part.

"Apologizing" was probably the most diplomatic thing Hasslebeck could have done but the way he did it was really soft.

Comment

LOL @ all the twitter wars these days.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                As funny as this is, I actually have Cro's back on this. Cro didn't really say anything that wasn't right.

All he said was for everyone to get their head out of their ass and get a deal done.

Was he really that wrong for saying that?

You know it's not looking good when Antonio Cromartie is the voice of reason.
                Thing is, though, is that by doing this Cromartie gives off the perception that the players aren't going to be tough to break and that they're not unified.

Let's be real here. Why is Cro making a big stink about this? Because he has hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and is scared of not getting his contract. He's one of the guys that needs money right now.

The smart players are rightfully pissed about this, because they know that if they give off the perception that they need the money as soon as possible, the owners just have to wait them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  Hasselbeck should have asked him if Cromartie knew his own kids' names.
                  That would have made my day.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

The infamous deleted tweet from Hasselb!tch

@Hasselbeck Matthew Hasselbeck
                    Somebody ask Cromartie if he knows what CBA stands for.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Hasselbeck took a cheap shot. Cromartie's response was warranted.

I agree with what Cromartie is saying, get the deal done. We all want this. Cro should be concerned - he has every reason to be. The fact that he's an idiot and is stupid for having so many kids doesn't change the fact that he does need the money and good for him for wanting to push to get a deal done and keep us with football. Is it the best from his sides perspective? Obviously not. He doesn't know the inside details of the discussions, and the owners have likely dug in deep knowing that the players have more to lose than their rich selves (including a year in their playing career).

As stupid as Cro may be as an actual person, Hasselbeck took a cheap shot that wasn't really necessary. If you say it, say it, don't hide - It's the freaking Internet, it won't get missed.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Cro said the right thing but has the eloquence of a rock to get the message across. I also liked Whitlock's column on this...a good read.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                          Hasselbeck took a cheap shot. Cromartie's response was warranted.

I agree with what Cromartie is saying, get the deal done. We all want this. Cro should be concerned - he has every reason to be. The fact that he's an idiot and is stupid for having so many kids doesn't change the fact that he does need the money and good for him for wanting to push to get a deal done and keep us with football. Is it the best from his sides perspective? Obviously not. He doesn't know the inside details of the discussions, and the owners have likely dug in deep knowing that the players have more to lose than their rich selves (including a year in their playing career).

As stupid as Cro may be as an actual person, Hasselbeck took a cheap shot that wasn't really necessary. If you say it, say it, don't hide - It's the freaking Internet, it won't get missed.
                          Why should the players bow down to the owners because Cromartie is a ******* dumbass? And Cromartie isn't right to say what he did, all Hasselbeck did is take a correct shot at his intelligence, and Cromartie immediately resorts to a physical threat. He's a punk *****.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Why should the players bow down to the owners because Cromartie is a ******* dumbass? And Cromartie isn't right to say what he did, all Hasselbeck did is take a correct shot at his intelligence, and Cromartie immediately resorts to a physical threat. He's a punk *****.
                            I agree with pretty much everything you just said

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                            Originally posted by TitanHope
                            R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                            He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Im willing to bet cro did not in fact know what the cba stood for.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Because it makes Hasselback look petty and silly to attack someone's opinion? Then again Hasselback was the same idiot who did this

Not everyone is going to go "RA-RA" and throw up the "1" sign before games like they are boy scouts united as one. Cromartie wants to get paid and take care of his prior child support mistakes. Its understandable from his point of view. He wants to play football and not have to worry about the future of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information