No link, but this is what I am hearing.
    Plaxico Burress?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Plaxico Burress.

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
        Plaxico Burress?

yupppppppp (needed a 10 letter response for some reason)

Comment

Anybody think Plax has anything left?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            Anybody think Plax has anything left?

He should be plenty rested.

Comment

Omg thank god this would be good. If they could draft hankerson get clayton back and maybe vjax with burress too would be sick. They should give him a shot. Is he out of jail?

Comment

I want Burress in Oakland

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Read a few articles also saying the Giants and Ravens could be potential suitors.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I want the Giants to sign him.

Come back home Plax. Come back home.

Comment

Don't want to be a negative nancy here, but I don't think he'll be very good when he comes back.

He'll be 34 by the start of next season, and if all goes well, it should take him at least one year to get re-acclimated to the league, workouts, and football, in general (basing myself on Vick though, and what happened to him).

That means he'll be 35 at the start of the "real comeback," which isn't a great age to start one, especially at the WR position. Vick was thirty when this season started.

He also had a pretty bad last year (statistically). Giants fans will have to help me out on this, as I don't quite recall if he was injured or not, but here's what he put up:

10 games, 35 catches, 454 yards, 4 TD's.

So, I'm guessing he's lost speed, agility, ability to get separation, and a couple other skills. As much as I'd love for him to come back strong, I think his time as a good receiver is done.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I'll take him as a red zone threat alone. I wouldn't expect him to do much else but we don't need him to be the #1 with Nicks, Smith, and Manningham around.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          I'll take him as a red zone threat alone. I wouldn't expect him to do much else but we don't need him to be the #1 with Nicks, Smith, and Manningham around.
                          This. While he develops his conditioning, we can use him as a redzone threat for the first year, and by next year he'll be back athletically. Just like Vick.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                          Don't want to be a negative nancy here, but I don't think he'll be very good when he comes back.

He'll be 34 by the start of next season, and if all goes well, it should take him at least one year to get re-acclimated to the league, workouts, and football, in general (basing myself on Vick though, and what happened to him).

That means he'll be 35 at the start of the "real comeback," which isn't a great age to start one, especially at the WR position. Vick was thirty when this season started.

He also had a pretty bad last year (statistically). Giants fans will have to help me out on this, as I don't quite recall if he was injured or not, but here's what he put up:

10 games, 35 catches, 454 yards, 4 TD's.

So, I'm guessing he's lost speed, agility, ability to get separation, and a couple other skills. As much as I'd love for him to come back strong, I think his time as a good receiver is done.
                          At the time, our playbook relied heavily on Burress to clear out the defense. He was doubled basically every play, sometimes in zone they'd slide 3 guys his way. So that opened up the underneath for other guys, and Eli would just go elsewhere.

Burress was never a freak athlete, he was just huge. He wasn't ever really fast, if he can get his strength up and regain most of his speed, which I think he can, he'll be fine after a year.

He probably has a good 2 to 3 years left in the tank. It's worth the gamble in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by armageddon View Post
                            No link, but this is what I am hearing.
                            Either get one or report it yourself, sorry.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Here's a link saying the Giants will contact him when the time is right. There's also some stuff out there about the Ravens being interested. Maybe you can change the title to teams interested in Plax?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...propriate-time
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information