Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Leinart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Monomach View Post
    c. Matt Leinart force feeds the ball to a running back, he sucks.
    Which RB did Matt Leinart force feed the ball to?

    Comment


    • #32
      Tim Hightower mostly

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Monomach View Post
        Caleb Hanie is getting way too much love for a guy who threw the game-losing pick six to a guy who weighs like three quarters of a ton, imo.
        Believe me, I would have said the same thing two weeks ago, and I've never been a Hanie fan. Leinart sucks, and his intangibles are a negative at this point. I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

        EDIT: Though you are not being at all fair to Hanie. That was a terrible play, but it didn't lose the game. The whole 3rd and 3 debacle at the end of the game clinched it, and that's not only on Caleb. His bounce back was impressive, and he made a few nice plays with his arm and feet in the process.
        Last edited by ChiFan24; 01-29-2011, 08:17 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Leinart has a weak arm, an entitled attitude, and no NFL success as a base to stand on. He's just a backup QB, and I don't see that changing. I mean, he failed in a dream situation for a QB. It's all of the sudden now going to click? I don't think so.

          Originally posted by whatadai View Post
          What's funny is that's not even the most notorious lateral from that game.

          Reggie Bush made one of the single most idiotic plays I have ever seen in my life, and not only that, by doing that he single handedly and succinctly displayed USC's overconfidence.

          USC with their heads on straight wins that game 7/10 times, but I'd gloat nonstop if I were a Texas fan. The coverage entering that game, especially with ESPN's bit on comparing that USC team with the all-time greatest teams in the history of the sport, was appalling. It was as if it was a foregone conclusion that USC would win, so they came up with another hypothetical championship using legendary teams. It was at that point that I and every living person of the face of the earth realized that an already pissed off Vince Young now had a pissed off locker room behind him, and that this was going to be a game, especially if USC listened to everybody telling them how great they were.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Tim Hightower mostly
            Am I missing something here? I don't remember him ever playing with Hightower enough to force feed him the ball a lot? Wells was never a receiver and James wasn't much of one either...was there someone else before Hightower came?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              What's funny is that's not even the most notorious lateral from that game.

              Reggie Bush made one of the single most idiotic plays I have ever seen in my life, and not only that, by doing that he single handedly and succinctly displayed USC's overconfidence.
              I remember that lateral it was really stupid. I agree that USC lost that game by themselves, which they could have win. Just don't get why Texas fans like to bring it up when evidence clearly shows the truth. I'm not THAT good at photoshop!

              Does anyone think Vince Young is just as cocky with the same "entitled" attitude as Leinart? It seems as if he does have that attitude to me, just not to Leinart's degree, but still too high on himself.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                I remember that lateral it was really stupid. I agree that USC lost that game by themselves, which they could have win. Just don't get why Texas fans like to bring it up when evidence clearly shows the truth. I'm not THAT good at photoshop!
                True, but it was one play that didn't decide the game. I believe it was a TD, but it would have stayed Texas's ball which means VY could've still ended up with a TD on that drive, and with how he played, that's not a stretch at all to assume. USC didn't get robbed.

                But like I said, this was the biggest upset of this decade (which it rightly shoulder have been considered that), especially considering the juicy, underlying storylines. Texas fans saw their player lose the Heisman to a USC player, and then had to listen to the overwhelming hype of USC > Everyone, let alone Texas. If the roles were reversed, would you not brag and talk smack about that game every chance you got? I probably would. Takes a while to drop the biggest chip on your shoulder ever created.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                [@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Dear god I love that Rose Bowl. Still by far one of the most impressive individual showings Ive ever seen on a football field by Vince Young and one of my favorite games to watch. Ive seen it a few times now, Ive got a copy on my computer. Just excellent.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    True, but it was one play that didn't decide the game. I believe it was a TD, but it would have stayed Texas's ball which means VY could've still ended up with a TD on that drive, and with how he played, that's not a stretch at all to assume. USC didn't get robbed.

                    But like I said, this was the biggest upset of this decade (which it rightly shoulder have been considered that), especially considering the juicy, underlying storylines. Texas fans saw their player lose the Heisman to a USC player, and then had to listen to the overwhelming hype of USC > Everyone, let alone Texas. If the roles were reversed, would you not brag and talk smack about that game every chance you got? I probably would. Takes a while to drop the biggest chip on your shoulder ever created.
                    I admit USC didn't get robbed, and I've always admitted that. It would still have been first and goal around the 10 yard line if I remember correctly and the way Young was running all over them, it probably would have been another score. But when Texas fans keep trying to bring that game up and it was a one score game and there was still a chance that he wouldn't score...it's a great comeback!

                    I have a friend that was actually there on the sideline too and was a couple feet away from Young's last TD run. Lucky ******, good thing I knocked him out of the playoffs in our fantasy conference championship game.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      What I wanna know is how Leinart would have done under Fisher in Tennessee.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                        Caleb Hanie is getting way too much love for a guy who threw the game-losing pick six to a guy who weighs like three quarters of a ton, imo.
                        He threw an interception to JaMarcus Russell?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Dear god I love that Rose Bowl. Still by far one of the most impressive individual showings Ive ever seen on a football field by Vince Young and one of my favorite games to watch. Ive seen it a few times now, Ive got a copy on my computer. Just excellent.
                          That game and USC-Notre Dame that year were absolutely spectacular.

                          R.I.P. Junior Seau

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by soybean View Post
                            What I wanna know is how Leinart would have done under Fisher in Tennessee.
                            The same .

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information