Matt Leinart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Leinart

Where do you think he'll pop up next and if he'll battle for a starting job? I really don't get it...there have been worse QBs that get second chances or a chance to battle for a starting job.

Ultimately...I want to know if he would be a good fantasy dynasty stash. But I am also a USC fan so I'm interested in him as an NFL player too, wouldn't mind him in Oakland. I also have Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan as my fantasy QBs...I just like to have a third QB to be safe.

Personally...I think he goes to SF or SEA. Seems like he'd want revenge on Whiz and seems like he would fit with either team.
    Last edited by whatadai; 01-28-2011, 11:30 PM.

I would not mind him in SF if he could improve his accuracy .Coming already for a pro style curve from USC .I think he could stand a good chance or at least do way better then Alex Smith and being a Cali kid he might do good.It depends on the coaches at SF to pick him up.It would be a cheap stop gap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
      I would not mind him in SF if he could improve his accuracy .Coming already for a pro style curve from USC .I think he could stand a good chance or at least do way better then Alex Smith and being a Cali kid he might do good.It depends on the coaches at SF to pick him up.It would be a cheap stop gap too.
      Not only a cheap stop gap, but a cheap backup if he doesn't work out. There's really no sense in keeping Alex Smith for another season even at his reduce salary, in my opinion. And if he doesn't work out...SF would probably be able to make a play for Luck or Barkley.

Comment

I still dont understand why Arizona didnt hold on to him. We could have seen what he could have done with the starting job. He couldnt have been any worse then Anderson/Hall/Skelton.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
          I still dont understand why Arizona didnt hold on to him. We could have seen what he could have done with the starting job. He couldnt have been any worse then Anderson/Hall/Skelton.
          I've personally never liked Whisenhunt as a coach and always wondered why everyone is so enamored with him. I don't agree with 99% of the moves or play-calling that he makes.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              What money? His salary was low for 2010. They could've kept him and if he didn't pan out cut him before 2011 where he was suppose to get paid around $7 mil...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                What money? His salary was low for 2010. They could've kept him and if he didn't pan out cut him before 2011 where he was suppose to get paid around $7 mil...I think.
                http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=5531842

The Cardinals tried to trade Leinart but found no acceptable deal. By cutting Leinart, Arizona doesn't have to pay him the $2.5 million he was due for the coming season, not to mention the $7.4 million, plus a $5.5 million roster bonus, he was scheduled to make next season.

Comment

Like I said...$2.5 mil was his 2010 salary, which is low. If he didn't do well in 2010 they can cut him now and not take on the $7.4 mil salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                    At this point I'd take my chances with Leinart over Smith. The only thing that scares me is Matt's questioned commitment to his craft. He'd probably be a cheap alternative though. Arizona should have kept him over Derek Anderson this past year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Leinart sucks but I agree we should of kept him over Anderson, Whis just simply hates him

Comment

He's a punk. He felt like he was owed the starting job at Arizona and didn't want to go out and earn it.

Then he spends a year on the bench at Houston as the 3rd string qb then comes out and says that he's paid his dues and deserves a chance to start somewhere.

Really Matt?

You suck. And you think you're owed a job. Good choice passing on the draft and losing about 20 million bucks guaranteed so you can take a dance class and bang some girls at USC for 1 more year. Dumbass.

Comment

Whisenhunt chose Anderson over Leinart bc Anderson is sadly a better quarterback.

They had an open competition, and Anderson won it. Leinart did nothing but check down to the RB the whole game.

As much as Anderson sucks, Leinart sucks even more. There was no point in keeping him around.

Comment

I can't see Harbaugh taking on a lazy piece of **** like Leinart.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Leinart sucks but I agree we should of kept him over Anderson, Whis just simply hates him
                              Derek Anderson is the best player in NFL history you should be honored to have him grace you with his presence.

Nothings funny to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information