Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Berrian Blackmailed over Blackberry

What do y'all make of this?
    Totally classless, or a fair opportunity to cash in on a rich player's mistake?
    Is this what our society has come to these days? :oO
    Are there two sides to this fiasco?

MINNEAPOLIS -- A California couple who found Bernard Berrian's Blackberry last October allegedly threatened to sell its contents to the "highest bidder" unless the Vikings wide receiver paid them $30,000.

The complaint says Berrian left his Blackberry at an ATM in Las Vegas in October. On Jan. 4, Ron Jones and his girlfriend, Clarice Lankford, allegedly demanded $30,000, saying if Berrian didn't pay, they'd sell the device to the highest bidder.

The lawsuit says they claimed to be negotiating with media outlets.

Jones said he had no comment when reached by The Associated Press. Lankford did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Anything to get money, people can be so despicable. I would just give it to him I know thats what I would want done if I was in this situation
    Last edited by eeth; 01-29-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

It's money, do anything for it even if it ruins your dignity, that's how it works nowadays.

Comment

The next time time a player holds out for more money, I will remember this story. Players are just as greedy as normal people. I wouldn't have blackmailed him, but I understand why people do this.

Comment

Isn't that illegal? Since they already acknowledge that it's Berrians?
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I see, so the fact that the couple is too stupid to understand that a cell phone provider can shut off the phone anytime justifies the fact that they're asking for $30,000? It's not like Berrian could go buy a new one with pocket change.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              THat's pretty much what I was thinking.

Plus, I agree it's completely classless, but cmon Bernard it's 30K.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                I see, so the fact that the couple is too stupid to understand that a cell phone provider can shut off the phone anytime justifies the fact that they're asking for $30,000? It's not like Berrian could go buy a new one with pocket change.
                Shutting off the service doesn't delete what's on the phone...

They aren't doing this so they can use his phone for free.

Comment

he probably would have given them something for being cool about it. instead they resorted to that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    Common law, in most cases, gives the finder of found property (which includes lost, mislaid, and abandoned property) acquires no rights to the property, but is entitled to possession of the property above all else except the rightful owner of the property.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                      Common law, in most cases, gives the finder of found property (which includes lost, mislaid, and abandoned property) acquires no rights to the property, but is entitled to possession of the property above all else except the rightful owner of the property.
                      So in other words, yes it's illegal.

Comment

What's he going to do with their double wide?

Comment

Lost his phone eh?

Must've dropped it.
                          Last edited by bigbluedefense; 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            So in other words, yes it's illegal.
                            Lol, I was just about to say that
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I love the alliteration in the title - Bernard Berrian Blackmailed over Blackberry

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information