No announcement yet.

Schaub traded Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes sense. Schaub will be perfect for what Kubiak wants, and will be a vast upgrade over David Carr. Meanwhile; the Falcons have a lot of needs, and depth concerns, at O-Line, DB, D-Line, that need young blood. It also crushes any of the reports that '07 was Vick's last year in Atlanta. Proving that it was just hot air, and baseless conjecture, that arouse from rumor mongers: Len Pasquarelli, PFT, Adam Schein, John Clayton, Chris Mortensen.
    Last edited by Shiver; 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      What is he supposed to say?
      Believe what you want Herm is high on Croyle and will give him every chance to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        Any word on money and how long?
        No, Schefter just said that Schaub was "the long term answer, because the Texans have already signed him to a long-term contract".

Comment

So I wonder now where David Carr ends up.

Comment

Maybe Carr will be traded to Cleveland and Lions/Vikings draft Quinn.

Comment

Believe what you want Herm is high on Croyle and will give him every chance to start.
              I liked Croyle a lot, even though he does look very frail.

Anyways, I'm not all that sure Schaub is such a huge upgrade over Carr, he'll have the same crappy O-line to work behind.

By the way... does this mean the Texans will most likely draft Levi Brown now?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Ok again, let's break down your coach speak. "Give him every chance to start". That means, if you don't suck, I won't bench you. Meaning that they're going to want some insurance. Whether that is simply Croyle or someone else I don't know and at this point neither do you, but I would say it's a possibility.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Ok again, let's break down your coach speak. "Give him every chance to start". That means, if you don't suck, I won't bench you. Meaning that they're going to want some insurance. Whether that is simply Croyle or someone else I don't know and at this point neither do you, but I would say it's a possibility.
                  We all ready have insurance in Huard.

Comment

So they pass up drafting a kid who is seen as the second coming in the town of Houston saying that they don't need him yet they trade for a young quarterback less than a year later? No wonder the Texans suck.

Comment

How did this mutate into a KC Chiefs debate?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        People think they know everything there is to know about all 32 teams when they really don't.

Comment

I think Atlanta got the best possible value for Schaub. There was no way he was resigning with the team after the season. They had to strike before the draft and all the rookies came into the league. A second round pick might be overpaying for Schaub. He hasn't done all THAT much in the NFL yet, but his potential is there, and he looked decent in his spot duty. He was a 4th rounder 3 years ago, and they got an early 2nd rounder in a decently deep draft this year. They can go get more OLine help, DLine help, or get a replacement for Schaub with that extra #2. If there is a player they love, they can also trade back into Round 1. I like the move for them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by constant cough View Post
                            So I wonder now where David Carr ends up.
                            The Oakland mention wasn't a bad one, I thought. Al Davis has been wise in giving former 1st round picks, who have been disappointing elsewhere, a fresh start with his team where the world wasn't asked of them. And Carr just may be the ideal quarterback for Kiffin's offense, he's more accurate and throws a better deep ball than Brady Quinn but also potentially has a better head on his shoulders and work ethic concerns than Jamarcus Russell. Just as importantly: (1) Carr doesn't carry the price tag of either Quinn or Russell; and (2) Carr gives the rookie head coach Lane Kiffin a young veteran quarterback to immediately work with, as he tries to revamp the Raiders offense.

For a 4th round pick and two years' worth of base salaries which aren't too costly for a starting quarterback, it might be the best course of action for the Raiders.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Jealous? jk. BTW I realize the falcons have a lot of needs but I can't help but feeling like Jenkins is going to be packaged with the extra ammo the falcons just picked up, and obviously a few other picks, and they make a play for CJ if he drops a little.

Comment

We all ready have insurance in Huard.
                                Oh I misread. So Croyle is your man now? Wow. Rebuilding started earlier than I thought it would in KC.

Hello 6-10.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information