Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaub traded Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hey hey hey. Check this out

    Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
    Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

    Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

    Pretty cool huh?

    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      What happened to Schaub not being traded for anything less than a 1st rounder? Where are all the Faclons fans burning things in the streets in an uproar? I could have sworn that I was told multiple times that I "didn't know what I was talking about" when I said they couldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

      Humph.

      Anyway, it's an interesting trade, but I wonder how much of an upgrade Schaub will be over Carr.

      I'm more interested to see where Carr goes now. I would guess it could stretch out untill the draft is over, becuase teams that could be interested (Minnesota, Miami) most likely all have their sights set first on Brady Quinn.

      Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

      Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.
      Add it up, and you end up with a accumulative value of a 1st round pick.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        People think they know everything there is to know about all 32 teams when they really don't.
        As an FYI Splat, I am the one who first mentioned KC as a possible destination. I looked their way due to the fact that Croyle was a 4th rounder last year and that Huard is aging and may not be able to put up that production again. I never meant to say that it was a likely place Carr would go. To be fair, the fit isn't that horrendous if you think about it. Good running game, good OLine, decent weapons, acceptable coaching. If the Chiefs aren't sure that Croyle is the answer, getting Carr isn't a bad idea.



        I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

        Comment


        • #49
          Houston Swaps #8 for #10.. this years 2nd round and next years next #2 for Shaub.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.
            That makes more sense, thanks to the best info man in the business in Jay Glazer (I've said this many times before).
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              Hey hey hey. Check this out

              Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
              Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

              Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

              Pretty cool huh?
              Good find, d34. That value is absolutely sick. Equivalent of 2 third rounders (the move up from #8 to #10 is about a 3rd plus next year's second = a third) and a second for a QB with less than 8 career starts and a slightly fractional TD/INT ratio. I hope the Texans LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Schaub because they paid a ton to get him.



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Daonly View Post
                Houston Swaps #8 for #10.. this years 2nd round and next years next #2 for Shaub.
                All those critics didn't think the Falcons could get a first round value for Schaub, this is tantamount to a low-1st round pick in this year's draft, and a 2nd round pick next year.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Oh good lord. **** this deal.




                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    Good find, d34. That value is absolutely sick. Equivalent of 2 third rounders (the move up from #8 to #10 is about a 3rd plus next year's second = a third) and a second for a QB with less than 8 career starts and a slightly fractional TD/INT ratio. I hope the Texans LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Schaub because they paid a ton to get him.
                    I consider this redemption, since Atlanta did the opposite last year in the Abraham trade. They got hosed by Denver.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Add it up, and you end up with a accumulative value of a 1st round pick.
                      A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third. Meaning that the trade value is in between the last pick in the first or the first pick in the second. Still much less than pick #17 that the Falcons supposedly shot down last year.

                      That being said, if that really is the trade, it's still good value as Schaub is ungodly overrated. Seriously, someone tell me the difference between Carr and Schaub other than their names.

                      EDIT: With the swapping of 1st rounders the value is higher, fully making it the value of a 1st round pick. I just can't believe that there was that much demand for a guy that has done little in the league and doesn't possess overwhelming talent. Oh well.
                      Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-21-2007, 02:17 PM.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by comahan View Post
                        Oh good lord. **** this deal.
                        Bwahaha! Schaub is so overrated it isn't even funny.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I am one happy man right now.

                          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            You can't compare deals to one another. You can say that the Falcons won a deal by a landslide, but it's not redemption. I really can't believe that Houston paid that much. I would hope that the 2008 pick is some sort of conditional thing...



                            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Ouch. Houston gave up way to much.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                So they could have Young for just the number one pick in the draft yet they decide to lose three picks for Schaub. I guess it makes me feel better that no matter what the Titans don't have the dumbest front office in the division.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information