No announcement yet.

Schaub traded Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't say that Schaub is overrated, but he is overhyped. To be overrated, you have to have a body of work to utilize. Schaub's work has been mop-up or fill-in duty. He's never really been a starting NFL QB to date. When you get limited work in, your true potential and true deficiencies are less prevalent. So, Schaub is very much overhyped, but if he's the real deal then Houston may have stolen him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third.
      Who gives a damn about the trade vaue, it's an excellent pick to have.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third. Meaning that the trade value is in between the last pick in the first or the first pick in the second. Still much less than pick #17 that the Falcons supposedly shot down last year.

That being said, if that really is the trade, it's still good value as Schaub is ungodly overrated. Seriously, someone tell me the difference between Carr and Schaub other than their names.
        I don't think they turned down the #17. I remember they turned down the Vikings, Jets, after they offered their second round picks. They couldn't coax a first round value for Schaub, last year. Finally someone stepped up to the plate. As Pat Kirwan reported a few weeks ago, he quoted a personnel guy who acknowledged it would take around a mid-1st accumulative value to get him.

Comment

I'm just happy that Jacksonville doesn't have to play Carr twice a year anymore, because those were the only two games that he ever showed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            As an FYI Splat, I am the one who first mentioned KC as a possible destination. I looked their way due to the fact that Croyle was a 4th rounder last year and that Huard is aging and may not be able to put up that production again. I never meant to say that it was a likely place Carr would go. To be fair, the fit isn't that horrendous if you think about it. Good running game, good OLine, decent weapons, acceptable coaching. If the Chiefs aren't sure that Croyle is the answer, getting Carr isn't a bad idea.
            I hear what your saying but FYI Croyle was a 3rd round pick not a 4th I'm just saying the Chiefs all ready have two QB's they like in Huard and Croyle and it is not a lock Green will be gone I just don't see them getting another QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
              So they could have Young for just the number one pick in the draft yet they decide to lose three picks for Schaub. I guess it makes me feel better that no matter what the Titans don't have the dumbest front office in the division.
              That really doesn't make any sense. The value of those three picks isn't even close to the stratosphere of the #1 pick in the whole draft. The whole debate comes down to how Mario Williams ends up, not what they gave up for Schaub.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                I won't say that Schaub is overrated, but he is overhyped. To be overrated, you have to have a body of work to utilize. Schaub's work has been mop-up or fill-in duty. He's never really been a starting NFL QB to date. When you get limited work in, your true potential and true deficiencies are less prevalent. So, Schaub is very much overhyped, but if he's the real deal then Houston may have stolen him.
                His only chance to prove himself, he did exceptionally well, albeit against a porous pass defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  I hear what your saying but FYI Croyle was a 3rd round pick not a 4th I'm just saying the Chiefs all ready have two QB's they like in Huard and Croyle and it is not a lock Green will be gone I just don't see them getting another QB.
                  Apologize for the error on roundage. I will fix it. I accept your explanation and trust your analysis over my very rough speculation. Based on your reputation and knowledge of the Chiefs, I will back off that idea. Carr is a possibility in KC, but not a likelihood.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I don't think they turned down the #17. I remember they turned down the Vikings, Jets, after they offered their second round picks. They couldn't coax a first round value for Schaub, last year. Finally someone stepped up to the plate. As Pat Kirwan reported a few weeks ago, he quoted a personnel guy who acknowledged it would take around a mid-1st accumulative value to get him.
                    Well he wasn't exactly right (depending on what you consider a mid 1st pick). The value works out to the 21st pick in the draft, which is steal a flat out theivary by the Falcons.

On the swapping of picks, I'm not sure how much this changes anything for the Falcons, as they would still likely take Landry at 8, they'll just have a better shot at getting him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

so Falcons got pick #8 now

Say Raiders go Russell and Lions want to trade the #2 pick, Falcons could make a nice offer to get that pick.
                      Last edited by NIN1984; 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: .
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        His only chance to prove himself, he did exceptionally well, albeit against a porous pass defense.
                        How many starts does Schaub have? How many consecutive starts? There is not a lot of body of work there for anyone to evaluate. He has preseason work and some spot duty in the NFL. I will stick with my overhyped vs. overrated assessment.

Comment

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying, at least he has one great start in the NFL. Which is more than any rookie, or anyone they previously had, could say.

Comment

Comment

Hypothetically...

2nd overall (DET) = 2600

8th overall (ATL) = 1400
                              39th overall (ATL) = 510
                              44th overall (ATL) = 460

Damn. Thats still not nearly enough. Hope we dont do a ridiculous trade up.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

That really doesn't make any sense. The value of those three picks isn't even close to the stratosphere of the #1 pick in the whole draft. The whole debate comes down to how Mario Williams ends up, not what they gave up for Schaub.
                                You don't get how Vince is seen in Houston. He's adored by every single person who lives there. They would have made tons of cash had they drafted him and yet they decide to draft Mario Bowie because they don't need a quarterback. Yet, they trade for a young quarteback a year later. Please, explain how that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information