Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most successful coaching tree of the past 20 years?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Payton hasn't coached that long in the NFL and he's had 3 winning seasons out of five in New Orleans. Mike Shanahan at this point has more credentials. John Gruden too. I know you're talking about current coaches, but since we're talking about the Bill Walsh tree, I think it's relative if you're going to talk about Payton and the tree he comes from.
      Yeah but 3 winning seasons and a superbowl in New Orleans is the equivalent of 3 superbowls in a place like Pittsburgh!

The Brad Childress tree is beginning though. Tomlin is clearly the star pupil, just need to hope for Frazier to match it!!!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        Bill Walsh, no questions asked. Half of the league can be traced back to him.

You can add Mike Smith under Del Rio

Comment

Eh, if you limit it to Children who's parent is Bill Walsch, that list gets a lot less impressive.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            Bill Walsh, no questions asked. Half of the league can be traced back to him.

Holmgren, Fox, Reid, McCarthy, Gruden, Shanahan, Fisher, Dungy, Lovie, and Tomlin have all made it to a Superbowl, and I'm sure there are more on the list, but I don't know them and what they did.
            This is a really nice graphic. As you can see from this, all great coaching trees come to an end somewhere. I'm sure the one from Mike Tomlin will go on, but other than that, none of them have really gone anywhere.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

I want to point out that Andy Reid had Childress as a HC, and now he also has Harbaugh (former ST coordinator and DB coach), Spagnolo (former LB coach before he went to NYG), Ron Rivera (former LB coach before he went to SD), and Pat Shurmur (QB coach before Spags stole him to be the OC in STL).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information