Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Haloti Ngata get on the open market?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Haloti Ngata get on the open market?

Tough to do with no cap set for next season, and FA being held off for a little....lets assume the cap goes up for conversations sake...

Considering Haynesworth's contract, d'you think he'd top 41 million in guaranteed money?

Note: I know he's not going to hit FA. Ravens are going to do everything possible to keep him.

Damn straight... Only way he's getting out of Baltimore is in a body bag...

Comment

Frankly his contract is going to be awe-inspiring. He will set the new trend for DT's for years to come. I'm looking for something around 5-7 years and ballpark around 80 or so million.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I expect he will get slightly above what Haynesworth got.

Comment

Dockett got 6/56 with 30 guaranteed last offseason, I'd guess Ngata's would be like 6/64 with 40 guarneteed

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Dockett got 6/56 with 30 guaranteed last offseason, I'd guess Ngata's would be like 6/64 with 40 guarneteed
            I really don't see how Ngata gets under what Haynesworth got. Haynesworth set the bar for what the top DT in the league gets and there is no reason why Ngata shouldn't top it. In all honesty, Dockett is a notch below Ngata and Haynesworth(when he was a FA)...not to mention that Dockett's contract wasn't on the open market

Comment

If he doesnt get the biggest contract for a defensive lineman ever I would be completely shocked. He is far and away the best DL in the game right now. The one player on that defense that I think really ***** with everyone else is not Ed Reed or Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs, its Ngata. He should really be the highest paid defensive player in football, IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

There are two major factors to take into account when deciding whether or not he will get Haynesworth money. Firstly, Dan Snyder is crazy and secondly Haynesworth signed his contract coming off one of the most dominant defensive line performances in recent memory. Haloti Ngata is the best defensive linemen in the league but Haynesworth was unbelievable in 2008. With those two in mind I would be surprised if Ngata hets Haynesworth style money. I expect maybe 6 years $70M.
                Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Nata should get more money just on the non-douche factor alone...

Comment

If he were to enter free agency right now, I would give him 120 million over 7 years with 50 million guaranteed.

edit: I think he is the single most dominating defensive player in the NFL. You can talk numbers, but this guy demands double teams every play. He can play any position on the DL at an elite level, for just about any team. I wouldn't be shocked if he could play QB if he put enough time into it. He's an athletic freak (moreso than 99% of the NFL). He is one of the few players that I am scared of him getting better.
                    Last edited by descendency; 01-30-2011, 06:20 AM.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

I wouldn't give him a record-breaking contract.

He's never had more than 3 sacks in a single year until now, and he only had 5.5 this year. I feel that if a DT or DE is to be given a monster contract, he has to be an *elite* pass rusher. Ngata is one of these DEs that is tough to move in the running game, and he will occasionally make a splash play in the passing game, but I wouldn't consider him an elite pass-rusher by any means.

And no, don't give me "but he commands double teams on every snap!" because I've watched Ravens game and he doesn't necessarily command a double team on every snap, and don't give me "but 3-4 DEs don't need to get sacks!" because a.) if they want a monster contract they do and b.) Bruce Smith is the all-time NFL sack leader and he played 3-4 DE his entire career and would often get 10+ sacks in a season from that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Umoro View Post

He's never had more than 3 sacks in a single year until now, and he only had 5.5 this year. I feel that if a DT or DE is to be given a monster contract, he has to be an *elite* pass rusher. Ngata is one of these DEs that is tough to move in the running game, and he will occasionally make a splash play in the passing game, but I wouldn't consider him an elite pass-rusher by any means.

And no, don't give me "but he commands double teams on every snap!" because I've watched Ravens game and he doesn't necessarily command a double team on every snap, and don't give me "but 3-4 DEs don't need to get sacks!" because a.) if they want a monster contract they do and b.) Bruce Smith is the all-time NFL sack leader and he played 3-4 DE his entire career and would often get 10+ sacks in a season from that position.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

The system Bruce Smith played in in buffalo was a single gap system that allowed the lineman more freedom to wreak havoc, not just maintain gaps to free up linebackers.

Thats what Ngata's job is in the ravens two gap system, to allow ray lewis and suggs the ability to get one on one matchups or come free.
                          Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                          Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

You completely misunderstand what a 3-4 DE actually is. You keep bringing up Bruce Smith like that's what you look for in a five technique. It's not.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Well this is just beyond idiotic. Ngata controls the LoS every single game and he will be worth every dollar he gets from us. He's the most dominant defensive lineman in the game right now and he's still extremely young.

Early word is that negotiations for his contract opened up around what Suh got last year, so Id expect the final contract to be something similar to that, not similar to what Haynesworth got. Ill try and find the link for that, but thats where the talks were last I heard.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information