Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Double: Is the Draft Duo of Matthews & Raji the best combo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this not locked yet?
    I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      I'll be a homer and toss out Ferguson and Mangold for the Jets in the '06 draft, they've panned out pretty well.
      Coming from a Pats fan this wins easily. Getting the best C in the league and a top 5 LT is better than Matthews and Raji

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

In 92 the combo of Alvin Harper and Russell Maryland looked like it would be one of the best of all time. So there's that.
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
          Coming from a Pats fan this wins easily. Getting the best C in the league and a top 5 LT is better than Matthews and Raji
          Devin McCourty + Rob Gronkowski. Just give it time.

is joking
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Raji and Matthews definitely have the chance to become just as good as Sapp and Brooks.

If they do continue to play at a high level for the Packers for the next decade, it will most definitely be on par with the Sapp-Brooks draft, and maybe even exceed that draft's importance to its respective franchise.

Ted Thompson is a pretty bright guy.

Comment

Defense > Offense.

I'd much rather have an elite pass rusher and an elite nose tackle than any combination of two offensive linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Umoro View Post
                Defense > Offense.

I'd much rather have an elite pass rusher and an elite nose tackle than any combination of two offensive linemen.
                Lets not go overboard here and call Raji an elite NT just yet. And Im not sure I agree about pass rusher and NT being more important than offensive linemen. Really the most important thing to do in a league that favours passing attacks is keep your QB standing. Adding two franchise building cornerstones like Mangold and D'Brick who can do this is absolutely huge
                Last edited by AntoinCD; 01-31-2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umoro View Post
                  Raji and Matthews definitely have the chance to become just as good as Sapp and Brooks.

If they do continue to play at a high level for the Packers for the next decade, it will most definitely be on par with the Sapp-Brooks draft, and maybe even exceed that draft's importance to its respective franchise.

Ted Thompson is a pretty bright guy.
                  You just compared two second year guys, one who has only been a one year starter, to two first ballot hall of famers. Raji and Matthews are both very good players but this is seriously over the top

Comment

Darrelle Revis and David Harris, not the same round but I don't care.

Comment

in 1993 the Giants selected Strahan and Armstead in the 2nd and 8th rounds respectively. every other combo you mention ever will pale in comparison
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

There's a problem with that for me... One of them is a Center. A NT and premier pass rusher is much more valuable than a center/LT combo.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          There's a problem with that for me... One of them is a Center. A NT and premier pass rusher is much more valuable than a center/LT combo.
                          Im not sure I can agree with that. Especially when we are talking about the best center in the league. Fortifying the offensive line is a massive thing to do and if you get the two most important positions in one round of the same draft, then that is quite frankly awesome. If Matthews continues to be one of the top defensive players in the league and Raji progresses into one of the top NTs then Ill reconsider my thinking here, but as of now I don't think they're as good a pairing as Ferguson and Mangold.

Comment

**** duos, how about trios?

Cutler, Marshall, Dumervil. Eat my ****, ****heads.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                              **** duos, how about trios?

Cutler, Marshall, Dumervil. Eat my ****, ****heads.
                              It doesnt count if they aren't still with the team. That means you are just counting an uno.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                                wait...really?
                                like...really?
                                jesus christ, this type of homerism isn't even funny. at least make a BJ or Clay matthews sex hair joke if we're going to be unleashing homerism here.
                                trust me, i'm a doctor (with a phd in homerism)
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information