• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyree's since Holmes never got a 2nd foot down

:(

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
      People remember the Holmes catch?
      Last minute SB game winners are always remembered. They forget the extraordinary catches that don't win games though.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

David Tyree's catch was like the play that defined the Patriots complete collapse in the Super Bowl, which made it even better.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am inclined to agree with the person who said

Best catch: Holmes

Best play: Tyree

However, while I agree catching it to win the superbowl is a VERY good situation to make a great catch, the harder catch, in my opinion is Tyree's catch. He had Harrison all over him, and had to first out jump him, then somehow manage to catch the ball and rest it on his helmet. Then, he had to secure the catch while harrison is bringing him down.

I think the catch itself was harder for Tyree, but the situation in which Holmes made his catch is clearly better. A catch to win it was pure amazing! But, I think the Tyree catch was much harder.

I think it's still ranks as the best play in superbowl history. I am bias of course for that one. After that catch, I was confident that the football gods were on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
            After that catch, I was confident that the football gods were on our side.
            I think everyone was.

Comment

People remember the Holmes catch?
              Why in the world wouldn't they? That was a fantastic play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                Better Catch: Holmes
                Better Play: Tyree. Just because it prevented the Pats' 19-0 record.
                This would be my answer. As far as catches, Holmes made one of the greatest ones ever. But the play as a whole goes to Eli and Tyree for me. The magnitude of the game, preventing a team going 19-0 by breaking god knows how many tackles and then Tyree sticking it to his helmet was incredible. However, it wasn't a scoring play. Gotta go with the touchdown here.

Comment

I really didn't consider myself that biased, but I think it is absolutely nuts anyone can think Holmes' catch is better then Tyree's.

Oh well.

Comment

i agree Damix, just because Tyree's catch was absurd and magical and the degree of dificulty was higher IMO. I mean, if Holmes' catch gained a key first down instead of a TD ala Tyree's, it wouldn't be really talked about as much
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Well I think its cool the the guy who threw the pass and caught it were both born on my Birthday (Manning/Tyree). I they rank 1&2 with no clear winner but think Big Ben threw that ball into an area where there were alot of Cardinals were and only Holmes made the catch.

Comment

You see catches like Holmes almost all the time while Tyree's was one of a kind.

Comment

The Tyree catch was in a far more important game. Most Super Bowls lately haven't been that memorable.

Comment

I'd go Tyree because well who would have thought he would be the one to make that kind of play in such a crucial moment.

Comment

Holme's catch: pure skill.

Tyree's catch: pure luck + strength.

I still prefer Tyree's catch cause it's one of those once in a lifetime catches.

Comment

The Tyree catch was in a far more important game. Most Super Bowls lately haven't been that memorable.
                                ?
                                The last two SB's have been really close games until the very end, especially the steelers-cards game. Thinkin maybe it just wasnt much to you because your team wasnt there that year (not being a dick, just sayin maybe thats why they didnt seem like great games to you).

But i do agree with what some said above, Holmes' catch isnt particularly rare, it happens occassionally (still very impressive), but Tyree's catch was one of those 'that shouldnt have happened, this didnt just happen' catches and plays.
                                Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                                Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information