Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Catch: Holmes' game winner in 08 vs. Tyree's helmet in 07

Let the debate begin!

Holmes for me, just thought it was a harder grab to make.

Comment

Holmes was the game winner, no?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

If Tyree didn't make his catch the Patriots go 19-0 for the first perfect season ever, and it was a ridiculous catch on top of that.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

They're both great catches that changed games and will be watched forever. Do we really have to decide?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Holmes was the better catch, the Tyree catch was a better play overall because of Eli's ridiculous escape in addition to the great catch.

Comment

Tyree and I'm sorry it isn't close. I have never seen a catch made like that.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

The Holmes catch was better because it won the game. But the Tyree catch was quite close, especially when coupled with Eli breaking like a gazillion tackles before the throw.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                  The Holmes catch was better because it won the game. But the Tyree catch was quite close, especially when coupled with Eli breaking like a gazillion tackles before the throw.
                  This. Agree 100%

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Better Catch: Holmes
                    Better Play: Tyree. Just because it prevented the Pats' 19-0 record.

Comment

Tyree was the better play (eli magically escaping the sack) and if he doesn't catch that the Giants lose. I vote for that. Holmes' grab was probably the most beautiful super bowl touchdown catch I've ever seen though, great catch. As a redshirt freshman at Ohio State, Holmes made a toe-tip touchdown catch like that in the Fiesta Bowl.

Comment

well santonio never got that second foot in so really...
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                          Holmes was the better catch, the Tyree catch was a better play overall because of Eli's ridiculous escape in addition to the great catch.
                          Yep, that play was just so incredible from start to finish, the catch was sweet but Eli spinning out of 4 patriots was even more impressive to me. That play was responsible for one of the my old screennames.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            Yep, that play was just so incredible from start to finish, the catch was sweet but Eli spinning out of 4 patriots was even more impressive to me. That play was responsible for one of the my old screennames.
                            Yeah, even though I am not the biggest Eli Manning supporter, when I saw that play, I was in awe that he escaped out of that. Then Tyree made that ridiculous catch. I still don't know how he held onto that against his helmet with Harrison basically trying to pry that thing out of his hands.

Comment

People remember the Holmes catch?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information