Kevin Kolb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    You can't ask fans the value of a QB. Many fans here were calling Aaron Rodgers a bust because he didn't look all that great his first couple of times on the field filling in for Favre. The same ones will say Kolb is worth nothing because he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs the first time he played.
    Huh? The first decent action Rodgers got, against the Cowboys, was pretty much lauded as fantastic by all Packers fans and made us comfortable moving on.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
      Huh? The first decent action Rodgers got, against the Cowboys, was pretty much lauded as fantastic by all Packers fans and made us comfortable moving on.
      Halsey is right on this one people, guys on here and much more so in the media were ripping rodgers as news came out that favre didnt like him and wasnt really helping him and he struggled in preseason games, training camp, and the limited action he saw.

2005 v Balt = 9/16 65yds 1 INT 3 sacks
      2006 v NE = 4/12 32yds 3 sacks
      2007 v dal = 18/26 201yds 1td 3 sacks

as you can see, he wasnt all that great until dallas, where as you said thats when people got comfortable with him.
      Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
      Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Call me crazy but I like Kolb...quite a bit actually...someone will take the gamble and possibly strike gold.

That said, I'm fine with my team's QB moving forward.

Comment

Hey guys....remember me? I was Kevin Kolb before Kevin Kolb.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post

If Kevin Kolb is Billy Volek, then he needs to be starting somewhere. Billy Volek is the troof.

Comment

Volek at age 26 or so might have garnered interest by some of these teams. The state of QB in the bottom 1/3 of the league is pretty horrid, and the incoming class of college QB's isn't doing much to help.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I was SO happy when I heard Kolb was going to be the future Eagles qb. FINALLY, I thought, the downfall of the Eagles is upon us. I knew for awhile that Kolb sucked, I couldn't believe how many fanboys he had, it was ridiculous.

I was so excited, I made a ton of side bets with Eagles fans I knew, I couldn't believe the ridiculous stuff they were saying. Some even had the balls to say he was going to be the best qb in the division.

I eagerly waited for the season to start. Once again, Kolb sucked in the PS. I pointed it out gleefully, but my Eagles friends scoffed at the notion. He'll turn it around they said.

Then the season started and then....Michael Vick happened.

Damn you Vick. You asshole. I was supposed to enjoy the Kevin Kolb era. And you ruined it for me.

Comment

Except Volek could actually throw it downfield.

After we traded McNair, I took solace that we had a good backup like Volek who could at least start until we drafted a QB/rookie QB was ready. So I was so pissed when I heard we were going to trade Volek and sign Kerry freakin' Collins.

I don't get the comparison though.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    I don't get the comparison though.
                    I was just using it to illustrate that multiple 300 yard passing games(or in this case, 400) doesn't necessarily make you an NFL star or even make you a high demand guy on the trade circuit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Someone will trade a 2nd for him. The demand exceeds the supply, someone will gamble.

But just bc someone does, doesn't make it a good idea. Nor does it justify his talent.

Comment

Agreed with BBD. I think, at maximum, he's worth a 3rd RD, and that's solely because he's a QB who can start and still allow a good team to come out with a victory. But some team will be desperate and overbid to ensure that they get him because they like him/would prefer him over a rookie QB.

I was just using it to illustrate that multiple 300 yard passing games(or in this case, 400) doesn't necessarily make you an NFL star or even make you a high demand guy on the trade circuit.
                        Oh, I gotcha then. I thought you were comparing them as QB's or the situations on the teams they were with.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information