Kevin Kolb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Kolb

So rumor is he's on the block now. If you were an NFL team would you make a play for him and at what price?

I'm a viking fan so i'm interested in what people think of him. I know he was impressive 2 years ago but not as much this last year. Thoughts?

Any link to back up the rumour?

Comment

I wouldn't. I think he is only a back up that could fill in nicely for 2 or 3 starts. He doesn't have that elite potential and I don't think he is a franchise guy.

The Vikings need that QB to take that talented team to a Super Bowl. I honestly think they would be better off with McNabb or Palmer.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
        Any link to back up the rumour?
        I think I've heard on the NFL Network that the Eagles will listen to offers for Kolb.

Comment

If you are looking for a game manager who can move the team and make obvious throws most of the time, he is your guy. He can move on the boot pretty well. Still struggles with coverage recognition and holds the ball way too much. Doesn't trust his reads and his arm enough to let things fly and fit the ball into tight spaces. At the same time, he does show good touch on intermediate throws. Unfortunately will panic and check down way too often. If you protect him and add a good running game, he could take a team to a division title and the playoffs with consistency. I don't see him carrying a team for long stretches. Think Trent Dilfer with the Ravens. He could not lose you a Super Bowl if you had a world class D and a running game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Kolb is on the block, as rumored by reliable sources. However, the Eagles have his rights for 2011 at like $1.8mm. For them to lose a really good backup without getting back 2 #2's or a #1 wouldn't really be their style. At the same time, they're not in the business of losing him after 2011 for a compensatory choice.

I foresee him getting moved after the CBA closes for a future pick or 2.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/featu.../20110131#7869

^^thats the link on espn if you have insider, basically it just says they franchised vick so are now entertaining offers for kolb

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Kolb is on the block, as rumored by reliable sources. However, the Eagles have his rights for 2011 at like $1.8mm. For them to lose a really good backup without getting back 2 #2's or a #1 wouldn't really be their style. At the same time, they're not in the business of losing him after 2011 for a compensatory choice.

The only thing is, you don't give up 2 2's or a 1 for a guy who isn't an elite guy. It's not worth it at all. He wasn't even a 1st round pick, so 2 2nd roud picks or a 1st are not even worth it. At best, I'd give up a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. He hasn't even proved he can be a successful starter in this league.

Comment

I don't understand this. How can Eagles fans overvalue him so much when they know he isn't that good and don't want him starting for their own team.

Comment

I never said that 2 #2's or a #1 is what he is worth. I'm saying that is pretty much what the Eagles would want for him. I don't know if Kolb is an elite guy. He can make the throws and can move enough, but I see some big gaps in his reads and his ability to feel pressure. When he had a full week to prepare, he had some great games, like when he torched Atlanta. Still, he looked lost against GB and had some other average games where he could have done better and didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      I don't understand this. How can Eagles fans overvalue him so much when they know he isn't that good and don't want him starting for their own team.
                      Again, not saying he's worth that much. I'm saying that is what the Eagles will ask for him. The market for QB is really really thin right now. The QB class in the draft is looking terrible, and Kolb might be the best QB available. The Eagles could easily keep him at a $1.8mm cap hit, so they can go out and ask for whatever they think someone will pay.

Comment

Again, not saying he's worth that much. I'm saying that is what the Eagles will ask for him. The market for QB is really really thin right now. The QB class in the draft is looking terrible, and Kolb might be the best QB available. The Eagles could easily keep him at a $1.8mm cap hit, so they can go out and ask for whatever they think someone will pay.
                        If that's the lowest they'll take for him they're dumb. No matter what he's leaving Philadelphia after this season. The $1.8 million is irrelevant. I don't care if he's making league minimum, a third round pick is always more valuable than one year of a backup QB.

Comment

Another thing you have to take in account is that if Vick gets in trouble again, I believe it's another automatic year long suspension, so there is a lot of risk. WOuld the Eagles trust Kafka as there backup QB?

Comment

He can't get traded until there is a new CBA so that might drag into training camp, possibly further, lowering his value.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Hes only worth a 3rd pick if that with limited game time it has really shown much .I thought he might be a good pick for SF for a cheap stop gap.But not worth trading picks this year.Not surprised to see another over priced QB on the trade block .

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information