Everson Griffen's Fall from Grace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    One of the best and scariest players I've ever went against. Sad to see him failing right now.
    Wow you played against him?

The best player I ever played against was Chris Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Wow you played against him?

The best player I ever played against was Chris Simms.
      Yeah. Ran a wheel route against me. I was playing corner. Needless to say, I was ******* scared. hahaha.

I also went one on one against Amakamura in a passing league. Real whiner, but very, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Umoro View Post
        So that's why he lasted past the 3rd round last year in the draft despite having elite measurables?

Another stellar Brad Childress draft pick.
        Childress wasn't a bad personnel/draft guy at all, not sure where you're getting that from. Terrible coach but he was a good talent evaluator.

Comment

Yeah. Ran a wheel route against me. I was playing corner. Needless to say, I was ******* scared. hahaha.

I also went one on one against Amakamura in a passing league. Real whiner, but very, very good.
          Wow. That's pretty cool. I remember being amazed at Simm's arm. I played DB too, and to me, it wasn't the smart qb that scared me, it was the guy with the rocket arm. He made you play deeper, and made you question yourself and your coverage after he fits it in on blanket coverage on you.

Comment

Wow. That's pretty cool. I remember being amazed at Simm's arm. I played DB too, and to me, it wasn't the smart qb that scared me, it was the guy with the rocket arm. He made you play deeper, and made you question yourself and your coverage after he fits it in on blanket coverage on you.
            When I was in high school, our DC mainly played man and cover 2. In passing leagues, it was mostly bump man and bump cover 2. I was matched up with him the whole time since I was the fastest corner(at the time I may add. This was like 5-6 years ago). Boy was it a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Umoro View Post
              So that's why he lasted past the 3rd round last year in the draft despite having elite measurables?

Another stellar Brad Childress draft pick.
              Not nearly as epic as 2005 with Troy Williamson at #7 and Erasmus James at #18 when they could have grabbed DeMarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers with those two picks.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                Not nearly as epic as 2005 with Troy Williamson at #7 and Erasmus James at #18 when they could have grabbed DeMarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers with those two picks.

Except for the part where Childress wasn't even there in '05.

Comment

Considering the Vikings didn't run a 3-4 and Culpepper was coming off a 39 TD, 11 INT season, I can see why the didn't pick those guys. And yeah, Williamson/James were picks when Tice was the coach. Chilly took over in 2006.
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

When I was in high school, our DC mainly played man and cover 2. In passing leagues, it was mostly bump man and bump cover 2. I was matched up with him the whole time since I was the fastest corner(at the time I may add. This was like 5-6 years ago). Boy was it a challenge.
                    Yeah most high schools run that. It's where I developed my disdain for Cover 2. One year we had a coach who ran the 46 and a 3-4 hybrid, that's where I fell in love with those schemes. God I miss putting on the pads.

That's what makes football so special. Anyone can grab some guys and get a game of bball going. Ditto for soccer.

But you can't do that with football. You can't replicate the pads, the playbook, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      Except for the part where Childress wasn't even there in '05.
                      Shhh. Facts aren't needed. Everyone's having fun pretending that every part of Childress' job was done badly.

Comment

Yeah most high schools run that. It's where I developed my disdain for Cover 2. One year we had a coach who ran the 46 and a 3-4 hybrid, that's where I fell in love with those schemes. God I miss putting on the pads.

That's what makes football so special. Anyone can grab some guys and get a game of bball going. Ditto for soccer.

But you can't do that with football. You can't replicate the pads, the playbook, etc.
                        Our high school ran a 3-4 cover 2 and man schemes. Basically a less complex version of the Steelers. It was cool.

I would give up ANYTHING to be able to play football or baseball again. I miss it so much.

Comment

Our high school ran a 3-4 cover 2 and man schemes. Basically a less complex version of the Steelers. It was cool.

I would give up ANYTHING to be able to play football or baseball again. I miss it so much.
                          I remember coach told us then that we'll never truly appreciate these years where we get to put on the pads until it's too late. Being a dumb immature kid, I paid him no attention.

I understand what he meant now. I wish I took it more seriously.

Comment

I remember coach told us then that we'll never truly appreciate these years where we get to put on the pads until it's too late. Being a dumb immature kid, I paid him no attention.

I understand what he meant now. I wish I took it more seriously.
                            I got hurt my sophomore year, missed my junior year, and came back my senior year after I got surgery. It was tough and I was real timid to start hitting. Besides that, I wasn't the athlete I was before I got hurt. I just got lazy once I got hurt and didn't take my rehab too seriously. I regret it.

Comment

I got hurt my sophomore year, missed my junior year, and came back my senior year after I got surgery. It was tough and I was real timid to start hitting. Besides that, I wasn't the athlete I was before I got hurt. I just got lazy once I got hurt and didn't take my rehab too seriously. I regret it.
                              A slipped disc in my back killed any chance I had of playing college ball. I was never an athlete. I had to rely on smarts even then.

What was nice about high school ball then, I'm not sure if it changed now, but as a DB, you could basically rape the WR and not get a flag thrown. That was good times.

But yeah, a 5 11" 160 lb CB/FS. Not exactly the most physically imposing guy in the world.

Comment

Making **** up is fun.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information