Everson Griffen's Fall from Grace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    He supposedly bombed his interviews during the combine too. How stupid can you be?

From what I understand, that was a big reason why he fell on draft day. No one was willing to gamble on him once they heard him open his mouth.

I remember being somewhat upset that the Falcons kept passing on him. Then I read that he completely bombed in the interview process and had a bunch of off the field concerns.

Comment

A slipped disc in my back killed any chance I had of playing college ball. I was never an athlete. I had to rely on smarts even then.

What was nice about high school ball then, I'm not sure if it changed now, but as a DB, you could basically rape the WR and not get a flag thrown. That was good times.

But yeah, a 5 11" 160 lb CB/FS. Not exactly the most physically imposing guy in the world.
      You were bigger than I was. I was 5'7 135 pounds, but was strong(benched 215 as a 135 pound sophomore), fast(4.6), and could really get up there(33 inch vert). Now I'm 5'7 200 with probably none of that athletic skill left hahaha.

I'm not sure if they can kill the WRs still. Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Our high school ran a 3-4 cover 2 and man schemes. Basically a less complex version of the Steelers. It was cool.

I would give up ANYTHING to be able to play football or baseball again. I miss it so much.
        i would have ******* loved to play a 34 in HS
        E]

Comment

I considered this guy a option for the Raiders in the 1st for a while, but damn he has fell off

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Dont tase me brahh...

Last edited by BaLLiN; 02-01-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Best player I played against was Glen Dorsey

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Never paid too much attention to the police blotter for USC players, it would have consumed too much of my time. I just remember people mocking him to several teams in the first round. When Pete Carroll didnt want him (3 differant times) i figured he knew something because he was an athletically gifted guy. He did disappear towards the end of his college season which was interesting.

This is why character concerns matter.

Comment

Yeah most high schools run that. It's where I developed my disdain for Cover 2. One year we had a coach who ran the 46 and a 3-4 hybrid, that's where I fell in love with those schemes. God I miss putting on the pads.

That's what makes football so special. Anyone can grab some guys and get a game of bball going. Ditto for soccer.

But you can't do that with football. You can't replicate the pads, the playbook, etc.
                  That's my belief as to why football is popular only in North America. Poor kids in Africa and South America can find a round object to kick and play soccer, but you can't just pick up and play football. I find any type of pickup football to be ridiculously annoying because half the people don't understand how to actually play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I remember coach told us then that we'll never truly appreciate these years where we get to put on the pads until it's too late. Being a dumb immature kid, I paid him no attention.

I understand what he meant now. I wish I took it more seriously.
                    I almost tear up when I watch Friday Night Lights. ****** love that movie.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I remember coach told us then that we'll never truly appreciate these years where we get to put on the pads until it's too late. Being a dumb immature kid, I paid him no attention.

Come to England, you can play until you are 100.

Comment

Ive been thinking this a lot lately. i played hockey football and lacrosse. Sucked at football and was ok at lacrosse (not very fast) but i loved hitting people and fighting for the ball and stuff. damn do i miss it so much more than i ever thought i would, id kill to put on a lacrosse or football helmet and run into people.
                        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Our high school ran a 3-4 cover 2 and man schemes. Basically a less complex version of the Steelers. It was cool.

I would give up ANYTHING to be able to play football or baseball again. I miss it so much.
                          My school ran a 3-4 cover 2 scheme with some man to man sprinkled in...and sometimes a modified 4-3....I was a FB/OLB(DE)....quit after my JR year cuz i couldn't stand my position coach was the biggest ****** of a coach I've ever met and he would yell at me after good and bad plays...benched me after a sack/fumble for no reason. Now I kinda wish I had put up with it and kept playing.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                          Originally posted by TitanHope
                          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information