Where would David Carr fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
    Just stating fact, buddy. Prove me wrong. Tell me about his greatest comback victory. How about his overall W-L record. Anything.....anything at all that says this bum has any NFL QB ability at all?

The fact is bud, that in their wins at the end of the season, Kubiak removed carr from the equation. The running game won for them and carr was not allowed to cost them more victories. THAT is fact.

Once again I state, in the same game, carr zero TD's 5 sacks, Sage 3 TD's zero sacks.

Explain that!!!!!!! I already did. Your turn.
    See, that is what I'm looking for. Some actual contribution to the discussion! I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that saying "He's useless" is not valuable at all to this message board.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I personally don't think David Carr is cut out to be an NFL starter.
      I agree with that. He's gunshy. Whether it be from taking a consistent beatdown game in and game out, or because he's afraid to take shots downfield for fear of making a mistake, I don't know, but watching him the past 2 season, he seems to be permanently locked in checkdown mode. I'm not sure if a change of scenery will help him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
        I agree with that. He's gunshy. Whether it be from taking a consistent beatdown game in and game out, or because he's afraid to take shots downfield for fear of making a mistake, I don't know, but watching him the past 2 season, he seems to be permanently locked in checkdown mode. I'm not sure if a change of scenery will help him.
        It's check-down, or sack, with Carr. On NFL Match-Up they showed plays where he didn't throw to wide open receivers, instead he would hang onto the ball too long. It's atypical of Tedford Quarterbacks. His offense didn't require them to read defenses. So when all these guys hit the NFL, they couldn't adjust.

Comment

I'm not certain that Carr is not cut out to be a starter for the rest of his career. I think getting the crap kicked out of you by opposing defenses for 4 years makes you worry about your own safety and health. He has gotten hit (and gotten back up) more than any QB I can ever recall. He still has the physical gifts, but he needs his head on straight. Perhaps a chance to be a backup and learn an offense for a year would be best for him. I'm now agreeing that he shouldn't be a starter immediately in 2007. Maybe a backup and ready to play a few games in with no pressure on him (both media and defensive).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            See, that is what I'm looking for. Some actual contribution to the discussion! I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that saying "He's useless" is not valuable at all to this message board.
            Gotcha. Sorry man but I have been waiting for 4 years for this day and I had to just make a quick joyous post. I now get to see what Andre Johnson can really do.

Comment

To be fair, pal, I'm not certain that Schaub is going to be any better than Carr. Sure, he's a new guy in town, but what has he ever really proven? Nothing more than Carr. Fractional TD/INT ratio, unimpressive passer rating. He brings potential and hope, but no guarantee of anything other than a lot of money in his bank account...

Comment

Kubiak having Carr look over his shoulders and harping in Carr's ear on not making mistakes to the point of having him be too tight on the field didn't help any, and it's not like Carr ever had anyone who could actually get consistent separation from defenders other than Andre Johnson (who unsurprisingly had a Pro Bowl year with Carr) and the runningbacks. Hell, the team just started incorporating the tight end this year since Carr has been there, for crying out loud.

WTF a team is thinking in not giving a young quarterback a tight end he can count on, I have no idea.

Carr can be a starter in this league imo, he just needs to wash himself of the Houston Texans franchise and move on to better coaching and better surrounding talent.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The Texans drafted a TE named Bernie Joppru one year in the first or second round. He was supposed to be really good, but he tore up both knees (3 knee surgeries) and never saw the field. I think that was the only significant TE pickup the team made in its history...

Comment

Where does David Carr fit? I know I'm gonna get trashed for this comment, but...... Chicago, he's better than Rex and could compete there.

Comment

The Texans drafted a TE named Bernie Joppru one year in the first or second round. He was supposed to be really good, but he tore up both knees (3 knee surgeries) and never saw the field. I think that was the only significant TE pickup the team made in its history...
                      owen daniels? he was, staticstically, the best rookie TE last year...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It's ridiculous. Could you imagine if Michael Vick, another former 1st overall pick, never had Alge Crumpler? And at least the Falcons spent two 1st round picks on wide receivers, and also traded for Ashley Lelie, which is more than the Texans could ever say. Nevermind the Falcons' actually having a running game to depend on.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

To be fair, pal, I'm not certain that Schaub is going to be any better than Carr. Sure, he's a new guy in town, but what has he ever really proven? Nothing more than Carr. Fractional TD/INT ratio, unimpressive passer rating. He brings potential and hope, but no guarantee of anything other than a lot of money in his bank account...

All I can say is I know he's better. They just had to do something. To continue with carr was saying 'we really are not looking to ever compete'. I have some small reservations about Schaub but he is not in a bad situation really. He floated a few bad passes last year but if you go by what ATL fans say, the WR's there are horrid. I saw some bad passes, but who doesn't throw some. He would have been far worse off in Oakland or Minn. Oak REALLY has no o-line. Minn has horrid WR's. I think he can win them games that carr could never even imagine winning.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                            Where does David Carr fit? I know I'm gonna get trashed for this comment, but...... Chicago, he's better than Rex and could compete there.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you think Carr can put the ball on teh money for Berrian 40 yards downfield? He couldn't for AJ. Berrian is no Andre Johnson either. You just want to dink and dunk the ball? Carr is your man then. But you won't win games. Better hope that D can put up points.

Comment

If Rodgers is dealt to OAK, how about GB?

Comment

Please go to the Browns, i'd rather play him twice year than Brady quinn plus clevelands line isn't much better than the texans, Steinbach or not

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information