Where would David Carr fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    No where. David Carr is most likely a backup qb anywhere. Enough of the oline excuses. Carr is to blame for alot of the sacks as well. Watch the Texans play then come back to me. He has no fire, he has no leadership. He's very content on checking down and not losing the game, and having someone else to blame for the losses. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He doesn't go out and try to win games.

The excuses need to end. David Carr is simply not that good of a qb.
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Someone else has watched this guy masquerade as a QB far too long.

Put Carr in oakland and just make sure you have the ambulance ready...and a body bag.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
      BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Someone else has watched this guy masquerade as a QB far too long.

Put Carr in oakland and just make sure you have the ambulance ready...and a body bag.
      Yup. Are you a Texans fan? Im sure Texans fans can back us up on this. If you watch him play, you see that he was simply not a good player.

Its no coincidence that when the backup qb went in the game, sacks went down and points went up.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
        I hope he goes to a good team. I always felt bad for him, everyone here in Houston bashed him day in and day out. I really think we've ruined him beyond repair. I hope we trade him to the Panthers so he can throw to Smitty, or to the Seahawks. I'm probably the only one on here who thinks Andre Johnson is overrated. He didn't do much after the catch last year and he dropped a lot of crucial passes. I'm so sick of Texans management.
        I would say you are the only one. Andre does drop catchable balls but he has also been handcuffed since his entry into the league. This year we will see Andre score some big TD's. Not this dink and dunk crap, where he has to make a big play from a 5 yard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Yup. Are you a Texans fan? Im sure Texans fans can back us up on this. If you watch him play, you see that he was simply not a good player.

Its no coincidence that when the backup qb went in the game, sacks went down and points went up.
          Andre Johnson fan. I've posted that repeatedly here and elsewhere and anyone who blames the o-line instantly diasappears from the conversation.

Once again, it goes like this. Week 8 vs TENN. Keith Bollock comments 'Carr is not a threat to beat us'.

Stat line, each playing 1/2.
          PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
          S.Rosenfels 25 18 186 0/0 3 28 1 116.0
          D.Carr 21 15 113 4/20 0 17 1 64.2

Say what you want but if the O-line was so bad, how did Rosenfels not get sacked? He only ran 1 time. Same as Carr.

Comment

I know that Miami is very intersted in obtaining Trent Green, so perhaps Carr could be a fallback option for them, though I'm not sure that Carr is what Cameron looks for in a quarterback. But, the only way it looks like he'll be traded is if he restructures his deal, otherwise, he could just be released.

Tough break for Carr. It's hard coming into an expansion situation as a rookie and being annointed right away. Carr can ask Kerry Collins or Tim Couch how that worked out for them.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

carr can be a starter somewhere, just not for the texans. maybe if had some time to throw then he might have been a better QB. being sacked 250+ times in 5 years, what QB could take that punishment. bring in schaub is a good move, but they must address their offensive line in the draft.
              Musician

Comment

I think clevland would be a good place for Carr. There offensive line is hell of alot better than the texans every had. Or possibly Carolina, they currently have no backup behind incosistent Jake Delehomme and he would have all the things he would of dreamed of in Houston. David Carr isn't bad, I live in Houston and if you have ever watched a Texans game, you will know that David Carr was lucky to get 3 seconds to survey the field. In a good suituation, I think he has all the tools to be a above average Qb in the NFL.
                Last edited by #1chiefs_fan; 03-21-2007, 08:58 PM.

Comment

On the far side of the bench...

Comment

I would take a chance on him to battle in Cleveland. If that means we are going AP in the draft I'm in.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Im still a David Carr-Houston fan, but those days seem to be coming to a close

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

i wanna see tapes from his first year in the league, not videos of the now terrified QB once known as David Carr. I think with the right coaching he could be solid.
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Personally I think he'd make a nice upgrade over Mchael Vick at the QB position......

Comment

He needs to go somewhere with an o-line. Hell, he deserves it after 5 years in hell in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              He needs to go somewhere with an o-line. Hell, he deserves it after 5 years in hell in Texas.
                              The Browns are actually trying to build a line up there. If they luck out and land Joe Thomas... that'd be a nice place for a QB to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                                Personally I think he'd make a nice upgrade over Mchael Vick at the QB position......
                                Personally, I don't care what you think, because that doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information