Tom Brady Wins OPOY; Aaron Rodgers fifth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Brady Wins OPOY; Aaron Rodgers fifth

So he wins that, probably Qb, and MVP then.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...=breaking_news

Brady won the honor Tuesday -- as exclusively announced on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" -- for the second time in four seasons. The record-setting quarterback, who had a string of 355 passes without being intercepted, received 21 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. He easily beat Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick, who got 11 votes.
    Last edited by brat316; 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM.

Can one of you mods fix the title so its says, Tom Brady Win OPOY; Mike Vick second. Ya know want to continue the theme.

Comment

I expect him to win mvp so I thought they'd give opoy to someone else. Maybe Brady gets upset on the mvp.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I'm going to wait until Adam Schefter confirms this.

Comment

He didn't win a Super Bowl. Meaningless.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I still don't know why they have both awards. It is so redundant.

Comment

Further proof for defense wins championships. Top two offensive players of the year go kne and done in the playoffs, while the top two defensive players of the year will play in the Superbowl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                I expect him to win mvp so I thought they'd give opoy to someone else. Maybe Brady gets upset on the mvp.
                Thats what I'm thinking as well.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Danny Woodhead for MVP!!!
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Well deserving, can't imagine anyone getting MVP over him.

Comment

Crazy qb driven league....what if a defensive player win this year? Since L.T. this has not happened.

OPOY=MPV which is usually also QB of the year. Funny that it was unanimous vote for Brady as Qb for All Pro team, but not OPOY.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        Crazy qb driven league....what if a defensive player win this year? Since L.T. this has not happened.

OPOY=MPV which is usually also QB of the year. Funny that it was unanimous vote for Brady as Qb for All Pro team, but not OPOY.
                        Except for the fact that only half of the MVPs of the last 10 years have been OPOTY as well and 3 of those 5 were Running Backs (Faulk, Alexander and Tomlinson). Only two Quarterbacks in the last 10 years have won both MVP and OPOTY in the same year (Manning in 2004 and Brady in 2007).
                        Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information