Potential HOF Nose Tackles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential HOF Nose Tackles

With some teams moving to the 3-4 defenses and with the importance of the Nose Tackle position in the 3-4, do you see guys like Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton making in the HOF? I donít care what anyone says Haloti Ngata is a NT. He is built like one and he plays like one. That said do you guys think that they will make it in and what will they need to do to get in? Just Curious!

IB4bjrajihomerz
    Originally posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
    didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
    Originally posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
    i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.

Comment

I think all 3 should get in eventually because the position is pretty important though some people don't notice.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I'd probably mention Jamal Williams before any of those three at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Ted Washington who retired not long ago would make me happy, purely because he is the biggest b*****d I have seen play. Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams, Kris Jenkins, Albert Haynesworth, BJ Raji, Haloti Ngata all for me have/had HOF talent but I think only one or a couple make it, depending on how their careers are viewed/play out and how strong the other people up for the vote are. But I think none are locks for the Hall. Washington is interesting because the guy was a beast for so long, but it is a tough position to guage because of such small stat lines and limited exposure.

Comment

If I had a vote, I would definitely vote against Haynesworth. The numbers may say so, but his character on field has always been laughably bad. He embarrasses himself and the organization he plays for.

I understand it's one thing to overlook off-field issues, but Haynesworth is a problem on the field.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              If I had a vote, I would definitely vote against Haynesworth. The numbers may say so, but his character on field has always been laughably bad. He embarrasses himself and the organization he plays for.

I understand it's one thing to overlook off-field issues, but Haynesworth is a problem on the field.
              Agreed, a shame really as he had the talent to be one of the most dominant ever.

Comment

Albert Haynesworth has never had a HOF type of resume. Two years of dominant play is not enough, especially when you consider how lazy he has been.

Guys that will be considered when all is said and done;
                Jamal Williams, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork.

I don't think anyone will be as good as they have been for as long as they have been. Maybe Raji, but this was really his only first good season, you never know how his career will play out.

Comment

NTs generally don't last long enough to be considered HOF type players. It's usually 5 to 6 years of dominance followed by mediocrity.

It's just too demanding of a position, it takes a toll on that big fat body.

I think Ted Washington is the closest at the moment bc he sustained success for so long.

Comment

casey hampton has been among the best for a long time and just when i thought he was gonna fall off he has an amazing second wind and has put together 3 very impressive years after some weight issues.

ngata is one of the more dominant players ive ever seen....i was absolutely infatuated with him in the draft, figures hed be a raven.
                    E]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      NTs generally don't last long enough to be considered HOF type players. It's usually 5 to 6 years of dominance followed by mediocrity.

I think Ted Washington is the closest at the moment bc he sustained success for so long.

what about Sam Adams?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Random, but I remember I used to get pissed when I'd export Ngata from NCAA to Madden and he'd be like a 93 ovr rookie (due to him being rated as a high 90s RS Soph and not coming out until his Junior or Senior year).

Guess it wasn't really something to get that pissed about.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Hampton has the chance to add his 3rd Superbowl ring and has been a major contributor on a defense that has been dominant for a decade.

He'll have a shot..as will Wilfork if he can keep it up for a few more years. He has one ring and is a key piece on a Patriots team that should be in a damn fine position to compete for some more in the next few years.

Comment

Well stats have a lot to do with going in to the HOF, and NT's don't really generate those numbers.

Comment

HOF is all about stats. That should change.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information