No announcement yet.

I gained a lot of respect for D.Jackson after this video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see something like this for a change. All these "superstars" are rarely role-models, and are usually doing stupid S hit and getting in trouble. People should be using their status to do good out there and set an example. I def. have a lot of respect for all three, but especially Desean Jackson!

Comment

loved D Jax before I saw that now I llove him even more after.

"Anytime you need us I got 2 linemen with me."

Comment

That was Great. I Respect them for it. Like Everyone said NFL Players are kids Hero's It's great to see one doing something in Return.

Comment

One of my favorite non-Saints players in the league, hands down. I love DeSean.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Yeah, because I'm sure the Philadelphia Eagles will do something if this kid gets his **** kicked in for being on The View talking about how he got his **** kicked in...

Point is that you guys are giving Jackson way too much credit for not really doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Yeah, because I'm sure the Philadelphia Eagles will do something if this kid gets his **** kicked in for being on The View talking about how he got his **** kicked in...

Point is that you guys are giving Jackson way too much credit for not really doing anything.
              Making a bullied kid's life thousands of times better and turning him into the coolest kid at school isn't doing anything? Say what you want about how big of deal it was, whatever, but for that kid it was ******* money so props to Jax.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post

For better or worse, those dudes are role models. You don't think that kid's embarrassed admitting to being bullied on national television? And you don't think it made him feel a lot better to have professional football players come on with him and tell him how brave/strong/whatever he is? Might seem meaningless to you, but to that kid and the rest of the kids getting bullied across the country who feel weak/cowardly/ashamed, I bet it meant a lot.

Comment

First of all, the video posted on the Eagles website was better, check it out when you have a chance.

Second, I've always said that Desean is widely misunderstoond by the casual fan, including some Eagles fans. Some people don't like his flashiness, but the bottom line is that he was raised right.

He went through this at the end of his rookie year and in the following offseason, and never said a word about it or let it affect his professionalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OERuRmancsE

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information