Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injuries from Snow Falling from Cowboys Stadium (Packers players not involved)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Are they Packers players?
    No, the article clearly says "minor" injuries.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Maybe you guys should just learn from California...snow? ice? wildfires? earthquakes? floods? heatwaves? illegal immigrants?

Comment

The South still can beat that ass in football, and that's all that really matters.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          See, you calling people in the South "********" or whatever is starred out is rather ignorant, especially considering you work for a weather company. You, of all non-Texas residents on the board, should have some understanding that we get snow maybe once or twice a year in this part of the state.

Of course they shut everything down, it's easier and cheaper. Wait, you mean, they should invest large amounts of infrastructure money in something that affects the population 1-2 days a year? That's a brilliant idea! Maybe after that, we could purchase ice skates for all those weeks that the lakes are frozen over, too!

Congrats, whatever-state-you-live-in deals with a lot of snow each year! Little known fact about North Texas: we don't get much snow. In fact, over the past three years, Dallas has probably had more snowfall than the 10 prior to that. So, yes, let's spend a whole lot of money on equipment and labor hours! That way, people in other states won't result to childish name calling due to a lack of understanding how things are run in Texas!

By the way, your medal is in the mail for dealing with ice and snow! Let us know if you like it!
          It all depends on the how your city functions I guess. We have no choice but to salt the roads here, we can't just shut everything down. There's way too much going on around here for everyone to just sit at home and drink some hot chocolate, ppl need to use the roads all the time.

If we were to just shut everything down, the loss of money from businesses etc would far exceed the money it would cost to invest in some salt and plows.

Things are just more laid back down there. I call down south some times to order equipment for our lab, and I noticed you guys talk sooooooo slow. It actually annoys me a lot haha.

But yeah, different strokes for different folks. It's not better or worse, just different. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Were they Packers players? lolz
            At least someone can take the joke...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              It's hilarious that the city was throwing sand on the road instead of salt.

Sand? Really?
              They use sand all over Texas on those rare days when high points of roadways ice over, mostly fwy. overpasses. Makes for dust clouds when the sun comes out & melts it, grates on windshields & ppl. tool.

Salt is far worse, it erodes the underbellies of vehicles & rots insulation on wiring.....

Maybe you guys should just learn from California...snow? ice? wildfires? earthquakes? floods? heatwaves? illegal immigrants?
              .....yes, faster than LA smogrot. Salt is evil & cursed. Proof is in the salt we put on our food that gives us heart attacks.

LOL....The joke almost gets completely old, and then a Packers fan comes in and complains - it's like hitting F5.
              And that's a Cheeseheads joke that won't get old until the final 00:00 on the SB scoreboard.

I'm predicting btw even more injuries on the Steelers side, I see in the official injury report Doug Legursky (???) replaces Pouncey at center, so I think the Packers d-line will seek to break his nose/ ankles/ fingers etc. & interrupt that fluid center-QB exchange. Last game of the season, why not give everybody on the roster, including the 4th string/emergency center a chance to play, LOL.

Comment

Cowboys roof is gonna collapse on the packers sideline but jordyzzzz is gonna save everyone by getting a boner and holding it up.

Comment

It all depends on the how your city functions I guess. We have no choice but to salt the roads here, we can't just shut everything down. There's way too much going on around here for everyone to just sit at home and drink some hot chocolate, ppl need to use the roads all the time.
                  Again, goes back to how infrequently it happens.

If we were to just shut everything down, the loss of money from businesses etc would far exceed the money it would cost to invest in some salt and plows.
                  See above.

Things are just more laid back down there. I call down south some times to order equipment for our lab, and I noticed you guys talk sooooooo slow. It actually annoys me a lot haha.
                  Those are the bumpkin types or people who are from parents that talk like that. People from other states (which probably outnumber natives in the Dallas area) or non-bumpkins talk at a "normal" speed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Has anybody come up with a reason why the Superbowl shouldn't just rotate between Miami, New Orleans, and SD/LA?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Has anybody come up with a reason why the Superbowl shouldn't just rotate between Miami, New Orleans, and SD/LA?
                      I think Goodell would put the Bahamas, or Cabo, or Switzerland (in DAvos where the billionaires like to hang) in the rotation if allowed.

Comment

NY/NJ will generate more money than any of those locations.

Football is a business. There's your reason.

Comment

'cuz then cities wouldn't throw millions into football related things to make their city seem ideal for the Super Bowl. How do you think teams get new stadiums? A potential Super Bowl bid thanks to the awesomeness of their new stadium is a front and center part of proposals.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information