Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injuries from Snow Falling from Cowboys Stadium (Packers players not involved)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries from Snow Falling from Cowboys Stadium (Packers players not involved)

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/04...inor-injuries/

Several ppl. injured from falling snow & ice from the site of SB XLV, ESPN reporting one critically injured.

Hard to imagine that photo is Dallas, looks like freaking Connecticut.

Thats a nice layer of morning frost they have there... pussies...

Comment

Are they Packers players?
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

It's hilarious that the city was throwing sand on the road instead of salt.

Sand? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          It's hilarious that the city was throwing sand on the road instead of salt.

Sand? Really?
          We do that in the South actually. (Some spots more than others)
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Sand? Really?
            it provides grip on the 1/4th of an inch of ice which is currently on the roads.

we had an ice-over tuesday/wednesday and then snow fall all last night and today.

the ice is still there under the snow, it's why I havent been at work since Monday.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Really?

Why not throw salt on the road? So you know....the ice will melt away?

Comment

Who else saw this thread title and immediately thought "Packers"?

Comment

This are has no clue on how to deal with this because they are not equipped to or trained to do so.

Usually when snow hits, it melts a day later.

This whole ***** week has been below-freezing. It's bulls***.

More Packer injury jokes not brought up by Packer fans. Wow.

Any word if the critically-injured fan is a Steeler or Packer fan? I would guess Steeler fan because the Packer fan should have been wearing the cheesehead.

Comment

I mean, the northeast is pretty crazy right now with snow too. It's been snowing or freezing rain like once every 4 days the past 2 to 3 weeks now. What's done here is you throw salt on the roads and the salt melts away the ice.

It's pretty standard procedure. Sand isn't gonna do crap.

I understand the downside of salt. It creates pot holes that forces you to repave the road, but I rather have that then my car slide around bc the city put sand on the road.

Comment

I mean, the northeast is pretty crazy right now with snow too. It's been snowing or freezing rain like once every 4 days the past 2 to 3 weeks now. What's done here is you throw salt on the roads and the salt melts away the ice.

It's pretty standard procedure. Sand isn't gonna do crap.

I understand the downside of salt. It creates pot holes that forces you to repave the road, but I rather have that then my car slide around bc the city put sand on the road.
                      Typically southern cities don't have access to the amount of rock salt needed to clear the roads. They don't keep stockpiles of it like they do in the north. You can get a lot of sand anywhere--that's why they use sand.
                      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                        Typically southern cities don't have access to the amount of rock salt needed to clear the roads. They don't keep stockpiles of it like they do in the north. You can get a lot of sand anywhere--that's why they use sand.
                        Makes sense.

So basically, when it sleets in the south, you're screwed.

Comment

Really?

Why not throw salt on the road? So you know....the ice will melt away?
                          A lot of places use sand instead of salt. Most of Western Canada use more sand than salt. Its better for the environment and won't **** your car or infrastructure up like salt will over time as well.
                          Last edited by Vox Populi; 02-04-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Does sand really provide that much grip though? I'd imagine unless you pour a good layer of sand over it, the cars will still have a lot of trouble gripping the road no?

Comment

Makes sense.

So basically, when it sleets in the south, you're screwed.
                              If there is a CHANCE of any frozen precipiation the south is screwed. When I lived in TX we once had a snow day because snow was forcasted.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information