Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford and Suh win ROY

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...es-of-the-year

t's safe to say there weren't any busts atop the 2010 NFL Draft.

Sam Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick, nearly led the St. Louis Rams to an NFC West title this season and claimed The Associated Press' NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

Ndamukong Suh, the No. 2 selection, helped the Detroit Lions finish their season on a four-game winning streak and received The AP's NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.
    WHen is the last time number 1 and 2 won it?

James Starks and Frank Zombo wuz robbed!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...es-of-the-year

WHen is the last time number 1 and 2 won it?
      1981. George Rogers, the No.1 Overall Pick, and L.T., the No.2 Overall Pick.
      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Both deserving....no arguments here.

Comment

def are both deserving.

i am proud of my pats rookies...... especially gronkowski and mccourty.... any other years they may have had shots, but its hard to beat a successful quarterback and an absolute beast of a DT

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I love Sam Bradford! Both great and obvious choices. Time to go celebrate the Rams winning something! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
              I love Sam Bradford! Both great and obvious choices. Time to go celebrate the Rams winning something! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
              I wouldn't get that carried away. The Detroit Lions have the most Rookie of the Year Awards in history. I'm pretty sure they trade them all in for a place in the Playoffs.
              Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                I wouldn't get that carried away. The Detroit Lions have the most Rookie of the Year Awards in history. I'm pretty sure they trade them all in for a place in the Playoffs.
                No I can get excited. We are differenct than the Lions and I think next year the Lions are gonna win the NFC North. Yeah, I said it, deal with it. The Lions will win the North and the Rams will win the west. We could see a Rams-Lions NFCCG! Okay, carried away: maybe. But its not out of the question. These two teams are on the way up thanks to these ROYs!

Comment

wat about them packer rookies Morgan burnett could have won it all if not for injuries

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Both deserving....no arguments here.
                    This... (10ch)

Comment

This is ********. What about Russell Okung?!

Comment

Doesnt matter, Mathews and Raji will always be the best rookies ever taken in any draft ever.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Found this little tidbit I was not aware of just FYI.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._rookie_honors

"Suh became the seventh rookie in Lions history to win an AP Rookie of the Year award, which is the most by any franchise since the AP began honoring offensive and defensive rookies in 1967."

Comment

I think Mike Williams was robbed because he didn't get as many looks at the end of the season.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                              I think Mike Williams was robbed because he didn't get as many looks at the end of the season.
                              I feel like I've had this discussion in about 3 different threads, but there is no way Bradford wasn't winning it.

He even fell apart late in the year and still won it easily...

Any rookie QB who wins more than 4 games and has at least a 1:1 TD:INT ratio is likely going to get it barring someone having a Randy Moss/Anquan Boldin kind of rookie year at another position.

You basically need a reason NOT to give an award like this or the MVP to a QB for someone else to win it. Or have that someone else have a legendary season...(Shaun Alexander and LT's record seasons come to mind.)

So if this were like the Heisman and had 2nd, 3rd...etc place voting, Mike Williams would have easiliy deserved 2nd place. But it's not...so it's near impossible for someone to win it over a QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information