Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated team in the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Originally posted by art vandelay
    Patriots with Miami as a close 2nd.
    i love it
    No offense, but an overrated Patriots and an overrated Miami still own the Bills.

Unfortunately, they will both own the Jets, too. It looks like another long year...
    Patriots, yes
    Miami, i wouldnt be so sure
    As I said, It's all about C-Pepp.

Comment

Almost everything you said was wrong or stupid.

#1 corner, Will Allen, a pretty good physical CB. #2 is Travis Daniels who is perfect for Sabans defense and played well last season. Nickel back is Will Poole who is very talented and would have started last year if not for injury. Tillman isn't starting at SS. Renaldo Hill is.

We are running a 3-4, so I'm assuming you are countind JT, who didn't show any signs of wearing down last year even when he has a foot injury all year. Traylor is old, but he never wears down. Holliday is 30, Carter is 32. None of them have shown any sign if wearing down. 9 sacks from both of them last year? Also we have a lot of youth and depth on the DL. Matt Roth, Manny Wright, Jeff Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson, etc. Spragan is fighting for the starting spot with Keith Newman and Sedrick Hodge. Hodge is a great athlete, but he was just on a horrible team. Spragan is a good starter anyway. ROLB is probably the weakness of the D though.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, and we also have Hagan and Kelly Campbell. Booker led the team in ypc last year and played well, with Gus Frerotte. Now he has Culpepper.

Fullback is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Our OL is worse than Detroits. We gave up the fourth fewest sacks in the league last year, and had two backs average 4.4 ypc. And we got better adding 2 new starters. Ever heard of Hudson Houck, doubt it.

Do I need to go on?

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay
        Patriots with Miami as a close 2nd.
        i love it
        No offense, but an overrated Patriots and an overrated Miami still own the Bills.

Unfortunately, they will both own the Jets, too. It looks like another long year...
        Patriots, yes
        Miami, i wouldnt be so sure
        As I said, It's all about C-Pepp.
        I see this now, and I mostly agree
        however I do say that Bills win at home against Miami
        I might even just toss out a guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151

#1 corner, Will Allen, a pretty good physical CB. #2 is Travis Daniels who is perfect for Sabans defense and played well last season. Nickel back is Will Poole who is very talented and would have started last year if not for injury. Tillman isn't starting at SS. Renaldo Hill is.

We are running a 3-4, so I'm assuming you are countind JT, who didn't show any signs of wearing down last year even when he has a foot injury all year. Traylor is old, but he never wears down. Holliday is 30, Carter is 32. None of them have shown any sign if wearing down. 9 sacks from both of them last year? Also we have a lot of youth and depth on the DL. Matt Roth, Manny Wright, Jeff Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson, etc. Spragan is fighting for the starting spot with Keith Newman and Sedrick Hodge. Hodge is a great athlete, but he was just on a horrible team. Spragan is a good starter anyway. ROLB is probably the weakness of the D though.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, and we also have Hagan and Kelly Campbell. Booker led the team in ypc last year and played well, with Gus Frerotte. Now he has Culpepper.

*********** is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Our OL is worse than Detroits. We gave up the fourth fewest sacks in the league last year, and had two backs average 4.4 ypc. And we got better adding 2 new starters. Ever heard of Hudson Houck, doubt it.

Do I need to go on?
          If you would like to. I mean, it's all up to you. I don't have mod powers, and I don't think Mcgee does... so really, no ones stopping you.

In fact, yes, please do go on.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151

*********** is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Do I need to go on?
            Secondary
            Will Allen was not good in NY, he is nothing more than an average CB and should not be a #1 corner.
            Will Poole has proven zilch in the NFL, 26 tackles and no INT's.
            Travis Daniels is still young and inexperienced, although sadly he is your best CB.
            Renaldo Hill is also nothing special, he is just a solid starter. Tillman is still horrible depth and should not be in the league.
            Who is your FS?

D-Line
            Could be the oldest D-line in the NFL. Keith Traylor is 37, Vonnie Holliday is 31, Kevin Carter is 33. Very brittle bones there and detoriating talent as well. None of them are the players they once were and are only getting worse. Jeff Zgonina should not be part of the statement "youth and depth." The man is 36 years old! Kevin Vickerson??? Who?? I had to look the man up. He has not recorded a game played in the NFL. With Manny Wright all I have to say is "cry me a river." He has played a whopping 4 games in the NFL.

Linebackers
            Spragan/Newman/Hodge are all average players with no potential to get better. Whoever starts will probably total 50 tackles at best and be exploited in pass coverage big time. Zach Thomas is still a top LB in the league but when will he start declining? He is 33...

Recievers
            Wes Welker is nothing more than an average reciever, he is a kick returner and should not be the slot reciever. I see Hagan taking the spot but having troubles with drops. Booker's catches have declined every year since 2001 when he caught 100 passes so he is on the decline. Kelly Campbell is as frail as a rail and would not make the roster on most teams. You can not say they have Culpepper either, because you do not know that yet. He is a HUGE question mark.

Fullback
            I admit that I was wrong here. I did not know that they picked up Beasley in the offseason. He is very good, but also on the decline as he is 32. Darian Barnes I have never heard of and Sammy Morris more of a RB than a FB.

Offensive Line
            No really good players here. Jeno James, Rex Hadnot, Daimon McIntosh, Vernon Carey are all just average players. LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson are fat slugs. Hudson Houck? I don't care who that is beacuse I know he is not playing on the field on Sundays, he is on the sidelines. Just ask Buffalo, your offensive line can be great one year and horrible the next with the exact same players.

What else do you have for me?

Comment

C_O_L_T_S = OVERATED

Comment

pats- hands down

everyone is obsessed with them because of their recent success, but their team is breaking apart and if they win their division this year it will only be by a game or two

Hook 'Em Horns

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                  Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all day babysitting.

That's all scorchin ever does, no surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                    Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                    Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all day babysitting.

That's all scorchin ever does, no surprise.
                    Damn, he posted the most hilarious thing ever... it was like, "you always have to insult people, what's your problem?", etc, etc. part of it is in my sig, but the rest of it is gone...

Comment

• econdary
                      Will Allen was not good in NY, he is nothing more than an average CB and should not be a #1 corner.
                      Travis Daniels is still young and inexperienced, although sadly he is your best CB.
                      Renaldo Hill is also nothing special, he is just a solid starter. Tillman is still horrible depth and should not be in the league.
                      Who is your FS? Embarassed

D-Line
                      Could be the oldest D-line in the NFL. Keith Traylor is 37, Vonnie Holliday is 31, Kevin Carter is 33. Very brittle bones there and detoriating talent as well. None of them are the players they once were and are only getting worse. Jeff Zgonina should not be part of the statement "youth and depth." The man is 36 years old! Kevin Vickerson??? Who?? I had to look the man up. He has not recorded a game played in the NFL. With Manny Wright all I have to say is "cry me a river." He has played a whopping 4 games in the NFL.

Linebackers
                      Spragan/Newman/Hodge are all average players with no potential to get better. Whoever starts will probably total 50 tackles at best and be exploited in pass coverage big time. Zach Thomas is still a top LB in the league but when will he start declining? He is 33...

Recievers
                      Wes Welker is nothing more than an average reciever, he is a kick returner and should not be the slot reciever. I see Hagan taking the spot but having troubles with drops. Booker's catches have declined every year since 2001 when he caught 100 passes so he is on the decline. Kelly Campbell is as frail as a rail and would not make the roster on most teams. You can not say they have Culpepper either, because you do not know that yet. He is a HUGE question mark.

I admit that I was wrong here. I did not know that they picked up Beasley in the offseason. He is very good, but also on the decline as he is 32. Darian Barnes I have never heard of and Sammy Morris more of a RB than a FB.

Offensive Line
                      No really good players here. Jeno James, Rex Hadnot, Daimon McIntosh, Vernon Carey are all just average players. LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson are fat slugs. Hudson Houck? I don't care who that is beacuse I know he is not playing on the field on Sundays, he is on the sidelines. Just ask Buffalo, your offensive line can be great one year and horrible the next with the exact same players.

Allen is a good corner, just not at getting INTs. He is physical in run support, and is exactly the CB that Saban needs. Poole hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything in the NFL, but he was a very talented player in college and would have been a good starter last year. Daniels is the most experiened player in the secondary with Saban's system and actually helped the vets out last year. Hill is an average starter, but he is an upgrade over Tebucky Jones. And are starter at FS? Maybe first round pick Jason Allen .

None of the DL have shown any type of wearing down, I don't know where you are getting that from. Manny Wright is as talented as any DT in this years draft. If he wasn't impressing in camp I doubt Zgonina would have been moved to end. I said Vickerson is a depth player, thats all.

I know all those players are just average. But the thing is Donnie Spragan had over 50 tackles in starting less than half the year. Hodge has a boatload of potential. The guy is a freak athlete with good size. Also ZT has his best year last year, so I doubt he is wearing down. I would also like to add that we have the freak that is Channing Crowder. So we have 3 dominating LBers, and 1 average one, I think it balances out.

Welker was very good in the slot last season. He was constantly getting open and came up huge in big situations last season. And why do you think Hagan will drop balls? Because he had a bad case of the drops at the senior bowl? Booker was playing for the Bears? What do you want from him? He had a year where he was great, and others where he was average. He is a very good #2. He isn't the best, but he definately isn't a weakness. And how is Culpepper a HUGE question mark? He will be out for 3 weeks tops, and will most likely be ready to start the season. Also Joey isn't the worst thing ever, a lot better than any QB in the Bills roster.

Again you assume people are on the decline because the are over 30. Beasley hasn't shown any signs of wearing down and FBs last for a long time. Barnes is a moster of a run blocker and great on special teams. Not much else though. Morris is a good receiving FB and a good runner. And he is versatile which is a plus.

And this is where you had me cracking up. You don't care who Hudson Houck is? Thats like saying I don't care who Alex Gibbs is. Do you think it is a fluke the line got that much better in one year? You are crazy if he has no effect on the team. Shelton is going to be a beast. Hadnot is on his way to be a top center. Anderson is the type of player Houck does wonders with. We also have Seth McKinney if Anderson doesn't show up. Carey has a lot of potential and showed it last season. I now know why you are making such bad points, you don't know about football.

The main reason we are going to be a top team in the AFC is because of the coaching staff. Saban did wonders last year and also helps with the defensive backs. Mike Mularkey is a very, very good offensive coordinator. Don Capers is one of the best 3-4 defenseive coordinators around. Houck is one of the top 2 OL coaches in the league.

Is that enough?

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• the pittsburgh (ring) stealers

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                          econdary
                          Who is your FS? Embarassed

D-Line

Linebackers

Recievers

Offensive Line

Allen is a good corner, just not at getting INTs. He is physical in run support, and is exactly the CB that Saban needs. Poole hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything in the NFL, but he was a very talented player in college and would have been a good starter last year. Daniels is the most experiened player in the secondary with Saban's system and actually helped the vets out last year. Hill is an average starter, but he is an upgrade over Tebucky Jones. And are starter at FS? Maybe first round pick Jason Allen .

None of the DL have shown any type of wearing down, I don't know where you are getting that from. Manny Wright is as talented as any DT in this years draft. If he wasn't impressing in camp I doubt Zgonina would have been moved to end. I said Vickerson is a depth player, thats all.

I know all those players are just average. But the thing is Donnie Spragan had over 50 tackles in starting less than half the year. Hodge has a boatload of potential. The guy is a freak athlete with good size. Also ZT has his best year last year, so I doubt he is wearing down. I would also like to add that we have the freak that is Channing Crowder. So we have 3 dominating LBers, and 1 average one, I think it balances out.

Welker was very good in the slot last season. He was constantly getting open and came up huge in big situations last season. And why do you think Hagan will drop balls? Because he had a bad case of the drops at the senior bowl? Booker was playing for the Bears? What do you want from him? He had a year where he was great, and others where he was average. He is a very good #2. He isn't the best, but he definately isn't a weakness. And how is Culpepper a HUGE question mark? He will be out for 3 weeks tops, and will most likely be ready to start the season. Also Joey isn't the worst thing ever, a lot better than any QB in the Bills roster.

Again you assume people are on the decline because the are over 30. Beasley hasn't shown any signs of wearing down and FBs last for a long time. Barnes is a moster of a run blocker and great on special teams. Not much else though. Morris is a good receiving FB and a good runner. And he is versatile which is a plus.

And this is where you had me cracking up. You don't care who Hudson Houck is? Thats like saying I don't care who Alex Gibbs is. Do you think it is a fluke the line got that much better in one year? You are crazy if he has no effect on the team. Shelton is going to be a beast. Hadnot is on his way to be a top center. Anderson is the type of player Houck does wonders with. We also have Seth McKinney if Anderson doesn't show up. Carey has a lot of potential and showed it last season. I now know why you are making such bad points, you don't know about football.

The main reason we are going to be a top team in the AFC is because of the coaching staff. Saban did wonders last year and also helps with the defensive backs. Mike Mularkey is a very, very good offensive coordinator. Don Capers is one of the best 3-4 defenseive coordinators around. Houck is one of the top 2 OL coaches in the league.

Is that enough?
                          First off, I know alot about coaches, probably alot more than you do. We supposively have one of the best offensive line coach in the NFL on our team. Does he play on Sundays? Nope. Ever heard of Jim McNally, doubt it.

This could go on for a while. I definitely feel that I have made my case and alot of people agree that Miami is very overrated and will dissapoint this season. I just have one question - so that I can laugh at it at the end of the season - what is your prediction for the Dolphins record in 2006-07? Also, please include whether or not they win the division, make the playoffs and include their record against the Bills.

Oh yeah, good luck with Bennie "The Penalty" Anderson and Mike Mularkey (last name definitely does him justice).

Comment

• McNally can only do so much with garbage. He did wonders with Jason Peters. Also if Anderson doesn't do well with have Seth McKinney who is more likely to start this year any way. Mularkey is a very good offensive coordinator. He wasn't a good head coach, but he is a top notch play caller.

I think Miami will win the division, going 11-5. Culpepper will miss the first 4 games, with Miami going 2-2. We will go 1-1 with the Bills, who will finish second in the division. We will sweep both the Jets and Pats.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                              McNally can only do so much with garbage. He did wonders with Jason Peters. Also if Anderson doesn't do well with have Seth McKinney who is more likely to start this year any way. Mularkey is a very good offensive coordinator. He wasn't a good head coach, but he is a top notch play caller.

I think Miami will win the division, going 11-5. Culpepper will miss the first 4 games, with Miami going 2-2. We will go 1-1 with the Bills, who will finish second in the division. We will sweep both the Jets and Pats.
                              Those are some mighty strong words... we'll see at the end of the season.

Comment

• I think you bolding them added a little too much emphasis on the will.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information