Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated team in the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by draftguru151
    McNally can only do so much with garbage. He did wonders with Jason Peters. Also if Anderson doesn't do well with have Seth McKinney who is more likely to start this year any way. Mularkey is a very good offensive coordinator. He wasn't a good head coach, but he is a top notch play caller.

I think Miami will win the division, going 11-5. Culpepper will miss the first 4 games, with Miami going 2-2. We will go 1-1 with the Bills, who will finish second in the division. We will sweep both the Jets and Pats.
    Good point with Peters, he is going to be our best lineman very soon and hopefully will develop into one of the premier lineman in the NFL over the next couple of seasons.

Hopefully for you guys Houck will be able to do something with Shelton or Anderson. IMO, they are both overweight, underathletic lineman who will never be anything in this league, but I am interested to see what he can do with those guys.

That is a fair prediciton, I am going to save it and I'll post it at the end of the season next year to see how it comes out.

Comment

• Houck likes fat slobs. Thats the type of players he does miracles with. Shelton was probably the best LT in FA and he wanted to come to Miami because of Houck. And if Houck really didn't matter, how did Miami go from one of the worst lines to giving up the 4th fewest sacks with Gus Frerotte at QB?

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
        I think you bolding them added a little too much emphasis on the will.
        I think someone's getting worried.

Comment

• Indianapolis Colts, there the only team stack with so much talent and do so well in the season and then when the playoffs come around they cant win it.

Comment

• Out of those six teams, I'd pick Miami or Cincinnati right now as being the most overhyped (hard to say overrated). Probably Miami, which will likely incur me some wrath. Look, I like the team. But there's new coordinators in town, and as much as Saban is saying they'll adapt to the "Dolphins" way, there's going to be some adjustment time.

More importantly, I just think it'll take another year for Saban to make a serious charge (basically, I don't think the talent is there). If Culpepper is fully healthy, then I might change my mind. But until I see that happen, I'll be wary, and the rest of the depth chart has some questions, IMO. Is there enough depth at RB to be as good as they were last year (essentially, is Ronnie Brown ready to take the next step and is there the depth behind it)? Are there the receivers to be consistent AND to stretch the field (Chambers will be fine, but is Hagan, who has some big questions ready, and how much more can Marty Booker, who I like, give you. Will Kelly Campbell be the deep speed consistency they need?) Most importantly, how good is that offense line? They'll need a solid OL for everything else to fall into place.

But I'm more questionable of the defense. Mularkey is an innovative OC, and despite my concerns there, they will likely produce, provided the QB'ing is solid. Switching to a base 3-4 on a more consistent level will be a chore itself. I really love the addition of Howard Green, who can be a solid NT type. But overall, I'm just not that impressed with the defensive talent and depth. A lot of it is attributed to youth, as things are changing.

I don't know. A lot of people seem to be pegging the Dolphins for great things, which is why I think they are the most overhyped out of that bunch right now. I think they are headed in the right direction, but I look more to a .500ish type season as the personnel and coaching adjusts. Another offseason and I think I can better buy a challenge to the Patriots ruling the division. I figure for another slow start and a hot finish type year.

Comment

• i would have to agree with many and say Miami

Comment

• Originally posted by GermaineRace
                Originally posted by Shiver
                Marvin Harrison is on the decline. Defense is worst than last year's overrated unit. No Edgerrin James. No major improvement, unless you consider a Kicker as the savior of the team. :roll: Colts won't make the playoffs.
                lol that is freaking hilarious, won't make the playoffs? hahahahaha yeah, ok. I agree they are overrated and Jacksonville could very easily dethrone them but missing the playoffs is laughable.
                I back up Shiver on this one. Just because they have had a great past in recent years, doesn't mean they will automatically get in the playoffs.

I think at best Indy gets a wildcard, but I see SD/DEN getting one and an AFC North team getting the other, so right now, I don't think they are a playoff team.

Comment

• Explain to me toonsterwu, how MIA can be overhyped when ESPN "experts" think that NE will run away with the AFC East and get in the playoffs?

Comment

• Wow Toonster, you never seize to amaze. I didn't even know Howard Green was on the team. The depth at RB is questionable, but Kay-Jay Harris is a guy I really like. He was a mid round talent that went undrafted because of his age. We also have Sammy Morris and Travis Minor who can come in if neccesary. I agree the adjustment to the new coaches will take some time, because last year the adjustment took half the season, but I expect this year to be a little faster because the systems will be mostly the same. Also, it shocked my about the OL, because I thought you of all people would know how improved this unit is.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information