Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    Originally posted by Ward
    Where would you rather live, Tampa or Minnesota? Case closed!
    minnesota.

but i have an intense personal dislike for the city of tampa.

Why? The city itself is a little depressed and its more of a Clearwater than a St. Petersburg but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
      minnesota.

Why? The city itself is a little depressed and its more of a Clearwater than a St. Petersburg but I like it.
      i've had to spend a lot of time there for work and i can't honestly point to a single thing i like about it (well, maybe with the minor exception that the airport is easy to deal with).

then again, i've also never been down to y'alls bar street (i can't remember the name of the area right now... ybor or something?), so that might make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
        Here's an article that explains the difference, as well as some diagrams:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...minicamps/167/
        Nice article. That the Steelers of the 70's used it shows why it has staying poower, as anything that brings rings gets copied. Seeing as how Minnesota continues to be ringless, not likely that anything will get named after them, unless it involves eating oysters in public on Lake Minnetonka.
        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

minnesota.

i've had to spend a lot of time there for work and i can't honestly point to a single thing i like about it (well, maybe with the minor exception that the airport is easy to deal with).

then again, i've also never been down to y'alls bar street (i can't remember the name of the area right now... ybor or something?), so that might make it better.

The airport is wonderfully easy and quick.

Ybor is the name and its a great place with bars and Cafes with a heavy Cuban influence, its the best part of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
            Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
            Originally posted by JBond93
            Tampa, Marinelli won a championship with it and tweaked it to perfection.
            Marinelli was the DL coach.

Also, I think since 2 of our defenses are considered among the best ever (98-99 and 02-03) made the Cover 2 what it is today.

Without those great defenses and great players, the Cover 2 wouldn't be as famous.

Do any college teams run the Cover 2?
            I know the University of Miami does. Not sure about anywhere else.
            Doesnt Penn State use the Cover 2? Thats why Zemaitis said he knows Tampa 2 good already.

Comment

Well. The West Coast offense was invented by Paul Brown in Cleveland, but was perfected by Bill Walsh in San Francisco. Same thing with Cover 2. It doesn't matter where it started; It was perfected and made famous in Tampa.

...and it is catchy
              Browns Forum Mock Co-GM

Comment

Re: Cover 2

If Tony and Monte created it in Minnesota then why is it the "Tampa 2"?
                They didnt create it in Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by bucpimpin
                  Actually they did.

Comment

Actually they did.
                    Monte came from seattle.. Dungy brought in Kiffen, Marinelli, Lovie, Herm when he came to Tampa. There it was born.

Comment

Actually they did.
                      Monte came from seattle.. Dungy brought in Kiffen, Marinelli, Lovie, Herm when he came to Tampa. There it was born.
                      The concept was first tested and used in minnesota, nobody really disputes that. It was perfected in Tampa/

Comment

Does it really matter? Its an extremely overrated defense anyway. Boo to Tampa 2. Tampa 2 $ucks a$$.

Comment

"Kiffin came to Tampa Bay after spending the 1995 campaign as the defensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints. In 1995, the Saints tied for fourth in the NFL in sacks with 44. Just prior to coaching in New Orleans, Kiffin spent four seasons (1991-94) as an assistant coach for the Minnesota Vikings, serving as defensive coordinator for head coach Jerry Burns in 1991 and as inside linebackers coach for head coach Dennis Green and defensive coordinator Tony Dungy from 1992-94. During that tenure in Minnesota, the Vikings led the league in both total defense and run defense in 1994."

Sorry to burst your bubble....
                          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 4
                            Originally posted by 4
                            they perfected it
                            Are you a Packers fan?
                            packers
                            ravens
                            redskins
                            chiefs
                            many teams why
                            Sports bigamist :evil:
                            Will Ferrell is a better and more productive comedian than Wilmer Valderrama.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              Does it really matter? Its an extremely overrated defense anyway. Boo to Tampa 2. Tampa 2 $ucks a$$.

What? The Buccaneers have had the most consistently great defense the last 10 years using a Tampa 2, including 1 Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense

What? The Buccaneers have had the most consistently great defense the last 10 years using a Tampa 2, including 1 Super Bowl.
                                Cover 2 is a regular season defense. The bucs had much success in the regular season over the past 10 years with it, but outside that one Super Bowl year, have perrenially choked in the playoffs. Its simplicity, vulnerability to power backs, and inability to play man defense kills it in the playoffs. Its fine and dandy in the regular season, but when the stakes are higher and everything intensifies, Cover 2's simplicity is not effective in the postseason because team's already know whats coming at them and can effectively gameplan against it.

In fact, look at this past season. Every Cover 2 team choked in the playoffs. Tampa, Indy, Chicago...all choked. Indy and Chicago got rocked, while Tampa held its own, the bottomline is it didn't get a W at home against a team that wasn't as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information