Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete NFLDC Power Rankings (and subsequent draft order)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People need to understand that this isn't necessarily predicting how the teams will finish at the end of the year. These are power rankings, which basically are ranking the teams based on what we know right now. Of course someone like Baltimore, Miami, Washington, etc. could end up winning the Super Bowl, but based on last year and what we know right now it would be silly to rank them that high.

They're preseason power rankings, not end of year predictions.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81
      People need to understand that this isn't necessarily predicting how the teams will finish at the end of the year. These are power rankings, which basically are ranking the teams based on what we know right now. Of course someone like Baltimore, Miami, Washington, etc. could end up winning the Super Bowl, but based on last year and what we know right now it would be silly to rank them that high.

What we know right now is that around 8 new teams will make the playoffs, it happens every year. Basing power rankings on last year performance never works because the NFL uses schedules to make sure that 8 new teams will make the playoffs.
      For instance, the NFC North, the worst division in pro football, played the AFC North and the NFC South last year, and both of those conferences produced a lot of playoff teams as a result. The NFC North doesn't play those 2 conferences this year, and as a result there could be fewer playoff teams coming from those 2 conferences. The NFC North instead plays the AFC East and the NFC West, so you might expect to see these 2 conferences produce more playoff teams. On the other hand, the AFC North play the AFC West and the NFC South, so the conference may only produce 1 playoff team. The NFC South may also only see 1 playoff team as they now play the AFC North and the NFC East. That's how the system works.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian

What we know right now is that around 8 new teams will make the playoffs, it happens every year. Basing power rankings on last year performance never works because the NFL uses schedules to make sure that 8 new teams will make the playoffs.
        For instance, the NFC North, the worst division in pro football, played the AFC North and the NFC South last year, and both of those conferences produced a lot of playoff teams as a result. The NFC North doesn't play those 2 conferences this year, and as a result there could be fewer playoff teams coming from those 2 conferences. The NFC North instead plays the AFC East and the NFC West, so you might expect to see these 2 conferences produce more playoff teams. On the other hand, the AFC North play the AFC West and the NFC South, so the conference may only produce 1 playoff team. The NFC South may also only see 1 playoff team as they now play the AFC North and the NFC East. That's how the system works.

wow...I didn't no it worked like that...and besides...the people who voted this voted teams who were already good...no creativity
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Of course, but like I said, we're ranking these teams based off what we know right now. I don't think anyone expects all of the top 12 teams in our power ranking to make the playoffs, but at this point they certainly have more of an argument than teams like Cleveland, Tennessee, and Houston. Any of those teams could make the playoffs, but right now it would be silly to rank them over more proven teams. This is a power ranking, not a prediction.

Comment

Of course, but like I said, we're ranking these teams based off what we know right now. I don't think anyone expects all of the top 12 teams in our power ranking to make the playoffs, but at this point they certainly have more of an argument than teams like Cleveland, Tennessee, and Houston. Any of those teams could make the playoffs, but right now it would be silly to rank them over more proven teams. This is a power ranking, not a prediction.
            Actually if you examine their schedules, a lot of teams that made the playoffs are very unlikely to repeat. Their power rankings were based on playing Divisions like the NFC North, teams they won't face this coming year. They have little prospect of returning to the playoffs, otherwise you might as well just post last year's standings as your power rankings if your not making any predictions. Since 8 of the 12 playoff teams won't make the playoffs as reality has shown, there are very few arguments that would support these power rankings.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but these are POWER RANKINGS, NOT PREDICTIONS. They are not mutually exclusive. These are the rankings heading into the season, not predictions of who will be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Everyone knows about the parity in the NFL, so it wouldn't be shocking for a team like Cleveland, Oakland, or Buffalo to end up making the playoffs this year. However, those teams have no business in the top 12 of the preseason power rankings ahead of more proven teams.

Comment

Favre wont have a bad year i think you guys are forget that he had no running back no wide outs no o-line they inprove on all thoese things

the oline know is alot better then year

wideout crew alot better (healty ferg / 2nd yr gardner / adding jennings & rodgers)

faithful favre ive never seen so favre faithful in his team

amazing defence that defence is sick all they have to do is have there dt come thru

bash bro cb woodson make harris job alot easyer

so no way a bottom 10 team

and eagles and raven are playoffs teams

i think you 4got that mcnabb got hurt also westbrook and the rest of the team

and a 2nd yr brown is a huge deal

ravens awnser every need this yr

Comment

someone get this kid spell check.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but these are POWER RANKINGS, NOT PREDICTIONS. They are not mutually exclusive. These are the rankings heading into the season, not predictions of who will be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Everyone knows about the parity in the NFL, so it wouldn't be shocking for a team like Cleveland, Oakland, or Buffalo to end up making the playoffs this year. However, those teams have no business in the top 12 of the preseason power rankings ahead of more proven teams.
                    They sure look like predictions to me otherwise you'd have to go by last year's records. If it smells like a prediction and looks like a prediction, then I'd have to say it is a prediction and it isn't going to be close to being right. JMO.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                      The Jets were at #10 last year?!?!?!? I forgot how many Jets fans we had here last year...
                      before the season alot of analysts had them getting to the Superbowl or at least AFC Championship... everyone predicted that Chad would be fine, and no one could predict that 2 offensive lineman, 2 quarterbacks, 1 HOF runningback, 1 starting LB, and some other players would get hurt...

I think it shouls be interesting after the season to see how wrong we were :D ...
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

bump??
                        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Tampa is definitely in the lower 10 of the league.

Comment

Unofficial Notice: Until they show otherwise, feel free to put the Raiders #1 in your mock drafts.

Monday night was pathetic. I was sick to my stomach.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Unofficial Notice: Until they show otherwise, feel free to put the Raiders #1 in your mock drafts.

Just don't give them Brady Quinn.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Your team cost me a bonus point in pick 'em. I hate you NIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information