Worst NFL Writers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst NFL Writers

Michael Lombardi's pieces on NFL.com are consistently awful. Today he's saying the Panthers "would be wise" to select Blaine Gabbert #1 overall. In the last couple of months he's also said that the Broncos face "uncertainty" with Tim Tebow and should consider drafting a QB in the first, nevermind the fact that he was himself a first round pick last year and clearly energized their offense while playing pretty well himself. And he's written a column a week for the past three weeks about not judging a player purely by his workout times. We get it.

I read his stuff to make myself feel smarter and fantasize about what I would do if I was a director of player personnel. Or a writer for NFL.com, for that matter. Which guys do you find yourself scoffing at on a regular basis?

Yikes, we almost hired him as our GM.

Comment

It seems like with Lombardi, everyone should take a quarterback.

I remember when he was convinced the Browns were going to take Mark Sanchez, despite every ounce of logic pointing against it, but he knew better.

Comment

Peter King, Peter King, and Peter King.

Comment

Florio is the worst by a long shot. That guy is a hack with no integrity or credibility.

Comment

Any writer who I don't agree with is a terrible writer. I only want to read authors I agree with. The Draft would be way more interesting if everyone agreed.

Comment

Pete Prisco has a spot in hell reserved for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                Florio is the worst by a long shot. That guy is a hack with no integrity or credibility.
                What is this, 2006? Since they affiliated with NBC they've gotten sooooo much better at PFT. They're easily the best place to follow the labor uncertainty and just about every bit of news seems to leak out there as one of the first places.

They'll post about something and then 2 days later ESPN will "report" it....

Admittedly, there was a time when they were bad, but I followed for the nuggets of truth that would come out. But since the NBC merger, they've brought in a few other competent writers and have greatly improved overall.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  What is this, 2006? Since they affiliated with NBC they've gotten sooooo much better at PFT. They're easily the best place to follow the labor uncertainty and just about every bit of news seems to leak out there as one of the first places.

They'll post about something and then 2 days later ESPN will "report" it....

Admittedly, there was a time when they were bad, but I followed for the nuggets of truth that would come out. But since the NBC merger, they've brought in a few other competent writers and have greatly improved overall.
                  Are you kidding me? Florio himself still spews out an incredible amount of ********. You want a recent example? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-wonderlic/

*Edit* Also, how about his article slamming Aaron Rodgers that he had to write an apology for?
                  Last edited by Cicero; 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Charlie Casserly kills me, at the combine he was pumping up Ryan Mallett while the kid was missing a few WRs, i about laughed my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      This guy especially after he voted Peyton Manning for MVP because Curtis Painter was his back up.

Pete Prisco is another awful writer.

Comment

Jason Whitlock is the worst at every form of writing, so he wins?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Ugh. Seriously, he doesn't even count as a writer.

Comment

Adam Rank is the worst excuse for a journalist I could think of.

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
                              Adam Rank is the worst excuse for a journalist I could think of.
                              He's rank.

(Sorry.)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information