No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber coming back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should go there. He'd probably earn more in the UFL because he'd likely be their biggest star.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      He should go there. He'd probably earn more in the UFL because he'd likely be their biggest star.
      I don't think he's going to have a choice. No team is going to sign him.

Comment

UFL ain't gonna pay Tiki's bills! He would probably have more longevity there though.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          UFL ain't gonna pay Tiki's bills! He would probably have more longevity there though.
          The NFL is not going to pay them either. But I think he could make a little bit more in the UFL. If a team does bring him in on a flyer in the NFL it's gonna be for the vet minimum. What are the top tier of UFL players making?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            The NFL is not going to pay them either. But I think he could make a little bit more in the UFL. If a team does bring him in on a flyer in the NFL it's gonna be for the vet minimum. What are the top tier of UFL players making?
            I think NFL minimum is still higher than UFL maximum. But I agree, no NFL team is going to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I don't think he's going to have a choice. No team is going to sign him.
              I would sign him. Rosters are expanding whenever the new CBA is signed, I think that's a given. You get a ton of camp players anyway. Would you rather have Joe Smith UDFA RB from some small school in camp or take a flyer on Tiki Barber still having a least a little left to be a part time player. The small chance of a big reward is worth the risk of taking up a spot in camp.

Comment

if a team is stupid enough to sign him, does anyone believe he won't try to use this to get himself another media job after he retires again?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  if a team is stupid enough to sign him, does anyone believe he won't try to use this to get himself another media job after he retires again?
                  Of course he will. I expect eventually some regional sports network will offer him a spot.

Comment

This could be a calculated PR move on Tiki's part to get his name back out there. Perhaps document his "comeback", win over public perception by showing his work ethic and his "softer side", then get back into the media after painting a nicer picture of himself during a comeback effort?

Maybe? I wouldn't put it past him.

Comment

I think NFL minimum is still higher than UFL maximum. But I agree, no NFL team is going to sign him.
                      Agree, no question about it.
                      Tiki's age, and the fact that all his ex-teammates think he's a piece of crap... why would a team bring that all into their locker room?

Comment

According to the article, the average UFL player makes 50k a year. lol. That's barely enough to make a third of his monthly child support/spousal support payments. Whoo, Tiki, you done sure pissed Lady Karma off.

Comment

Yeah but Tiki Barber wouldn't be making the UFL average.

The UFL lost about $50 million last year. They are in dire straits as they had to fold a team that made the championship in its two years to Norfolk, Virginia. They hired a multimillionaire businessman who last was an offensive coordinator in 1982 at Dartmouth (no lie) to coach one of its teams.

However, Barber would add interest to the league. JP Losman, in its inaugural year, was given a $1 million deal. I'm certain if Barber went to Vegas or Hartford (the two most ideal locations for him), he'd definitely get his pay.

The UFL has also had a problem paying its players and coaches on time too. So I'm curious to see if they make it past this season.
                          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

"Come back Tiki! I can teach you how to carry the ball low and away from your body!"

- Jim Fasshole

Comment

I read in an article that he owes his wife $150K per MONTH in child support.
                              Is this true? If so, I don't get it. Sure he's a douche for what he did to his pregnant wife, but who needs that much money per month to raise four children? $1.8M per year!? Also, how can anybody be expected to maintain a high enough income to pay that? It's asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                                Is this true? If so, I don't get it. Sure he's a douche for what he did to his pregnant wife, but who needs that much money per month to raise four children? $1.8M per year!? Also, how can anybody be expected to maintain a high enough income to pay that? It's asinine.
                                http://www.zimbio.com/Tiki+Barber/ar...fter+Estranged

That's where I got the info. Not sure how they came up with that figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information