Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearfan54
    Man, me and NJX had a huge arguement about this when I was still a rookie

I say Washington b/c even though CBs like Champ are hard to get, RBs as consistant and good as portis are IMO more important
    heh, is it sad that that was such a common occurance for a while that i don't even remember it?

Comment

Denver thought they could plug in any decent RB and have a good running game, which is kind of true, but Portis had a chance to put up unheard of numbers in Denver. I definitely don't think Washington got the better end of the trade, but I also don't think Denver should have traded Portis.

Comment

IMO denver.

Comment

Originally posted by #1SaintsFan
          Denver thought they could plug in any decent RB and have a good running game, which is kind of true, but Portis had a chance to put up unheard of numbers in Denver. I definitely don't think Washington got the better end of the trade, but I also don't think Denver should have traded Portis.
          out of curiousity, did you see our pass defense, pre-Champ? our secondary was trash.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            out of curiousity, did you see our pass defense, pre-Champ? our secondary was trash.
            I can't honestly say that I did, but based only on the stats, the secondary's performance has dropped. In 2003 (pre-Champ), Denver gave up 177 pass YPG. Those numbers grew to 184 YPG in 2004 (with Champ) and 228 this past season. I know stats aren't everything, though. I'm just thinking Portis could have been really special with Denver's blocking scheme.

Comment

Denver's running game hasn't been hurt, Washington's defense hasn't been hurt either. So neither team "lost" per say. As for which improved their respective teams more, I would give Washington the advantage.

Comment

dead even. Bell is not improving that much.

Comment

Dead Even. Not because I like in DC, but relative to

1. Gibbs needs at RB
                  2. The change of rules in regards to CB's

and the value of Bailey, who is one of the best corners in the league, just isn't as great. Had Bell been more consistent, I'd give the edge to Denver.

Comment

Denver got the better end. People can argue whether or not Bailey is the best corner in the game, but either way we know he is elite and top 5. You don't trade a top 5 corner for a RB unless that RB is the second coming of Jim Brown or Walter Payton. People seem to be all over Portis, but the truth is the Redskins could probably get a lot of guys to give similar production to what Portis is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by moc182
                      Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                        Denver got the better end. People can argue whether or not Bailey is the best corner in the game, but either way we know he is elite and top 5. You don't trade a top 5 corner for a RB unless that RB is the second coming of Jim Brown or Walter Payton. People seem to be all over Portis, but the truth is the Redskins could probably get a lot of guys to give similar production to what Portis is doing.
                        I read somewhere that Portis, if he keeps this pace up could end up beating Emmit Smiths all-time rushing record. just a side thought

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
                          Originally posted by Jughead10
                          I read somewhere that Portis, if he keeps this pace up could end up beating Emmit Smiths all-time rushing record. just a side thought
                          I think that is if he kept up the pace he set in Denver. That pace has significantly slowed down in Washington. He is also getting a ton of carries and I doubt he holds together long enough to do it. He is getting yards but his YPC is down.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN
                            dead even. Bell is not improving that much.
                            do you occasionally think about what you're going to post, or do you just say things and hope no one calls you on the nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              I can't honestly say that I did, but based only on the stats, the secondary's performance has dropped. In 2003 (pre-Champ), Denver gave up 177 pass YPG. Those numbers grew to 184 YPG in 2004 (with Champ) and 228 this past season. I know stats aren't everything, though. I'm just thinking Portis could have been really special with Denver's blocking scheme.
                              part of the problem with those stats is that denver got passed on at a nearly 2-1 clip last year alone.

additionally, being that we had no pass rush whatsoever unless we brought multiple linebackers, and that the safety help was next to non-existent, i'm not sure that pure stats can give an accurate assessment of the way the defense played.

Comment

I'm an avid Redskin fan and in spite of that I have to admit that Denver got the better of the deal. They got a shutdown corner and a 2nd round pick which they used to draft what should now be their starting running back . The Skins had to trade Champ though because he obviously did not want to be there anymore . So the got the best deal available and getting Portis is a very good deal . I predict that he will have a great year this year in Saunders scheme and I predict he will have a better year than Larry Johnson. Still in all two Starters one of whom is the best Corner in the NFL for 1 star running back makes me feel like Denver got the bettter of the trade .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information