Potential Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Hall of Famers

This should be an interesting topic to generate some debate. List all of the potential Hall of Fame players on your teams roster. Avoid young guys that still need a few dominant years to even be in consideration.

I'll start...

Packers

Charles Woodson - Already a lock.

Aaron Rodgers - Should continue to put up gaudy numbers and should have a few more shots at Super Bowls. Pretty hard to imagine him not making it unless his play falls off a cliff or he gets hurt.

Nick Collins - His season-ending and possibly career-ending injury puts this in doubt but Collins was on pace for a HOF career. Probably the most underappreciated Packer by national media.

Greg Jennings - Very outside shot at this point. Probably would have to win multiple championships and play at an elite level well into his 30s.

Clay Matthews is excluded for now because he doesn't have a long enough track record yet.

Oh man I really love these kinds of threads. Who has the popcorn?

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Jamarcus Russell...whoops sorry wrong thread.

Comment

What the **** is a Nick Collins?
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

lol is Nick Collins seriously in the first post of this thread....shut it down

Comment

Dallas' are easy and legitimate at least...

Ware and Witten.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Can we make a rule where you need at least 1,000 posts before you start a new thread? It would be a good start to reclaim the NFL forum.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Can we make a rule where you need at least 1,000 posts before you start a new thread? It would be a good start to reclaim the NFL forum.
                Here's a good rule. Don't open a post, read it, and respond to it if you have no interest.

Comment

Originally posted by the new jesus View Post
                  Nick Collins is a hall of famer
                  That's all I see here.

Comment

Urlacher is a lock. I think Peppers is too. Despite John Gruden calling him a future Hall of Famer on Sunday, I do not think Briggs will get in. Hester should get in.

Two guys who potentially could get in are Robbie Gould and Matt Forte. Robbie Gould probably won't because he is a kicker. But he may go down as the most accurate kicker of all time. That is saying a lot when he plays in Chicago, which might be the hardest place for a kicker. As for Matt Forte, I don't think he'll ever be a 1,500 yard back. But if he strings together some Marshall Faulk type years (1200 yards rushing, 800 yard receiving) he could potentially get in.

One guy not on the Bears I think will get in but shouldn't is Michael Vick. He is not a Hall of Fame caliber player. But fifty years from now, can you talk about this decade of football without mentioning Vick?

Originally posted by SolidGold
                    Bortlezzzzzzz
                    Originally posted by Monomach
                    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

This is almost impossible to do, the players you'd think might have a shot for Atlanta are too young in their career to really tell.

Falcons:

Tony Gonzalez: 1st Ballot Hall of Famer. Not much of it was really done here though.

Roddy White: Doubtful unless he goes on an absolute tear for the next five seasons or wins a couple of Super Bowls. Has had probably two "elite" years, two good years, and two bad ones.

Matt Ryan: He probably has the best shot of anyone on the team. So tough to tell at this point, but he'd have to win a couple Super Bowls.

John Abraham: Great sack artist, not hall of fame worthy IMO. If he didn't struggle with injuries his entire career maybe.

Michael Turner: Almost no shot, has had one really elite season, and then has been good-great for the rest of his time here. Spending all that time on San Diego's bench doesn't help either.

Other guys I want to mention like Sean Weatherspoon and Julio Jones I can pretty much make no argument for at this point, other than they have looked good so far.

Comment

Joe Thomas.

Hopefully Joe Haden ends up having that type of career.

Oh yeah, and Ryan Pontbriand!

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          That's all I see here.

What do you see now.

Comment

Jared Allen.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                              Urlacher is a lock. I think Peppers is too. Despite John Gruden calling him a future Hall of Famer on Sunday, I do not think Briggs will get in. Hester should get in.
                              Would be tough for Briggs to not make it and have Urlacher make it since Briggs has arguably been better for the past few seasons. I'm not sold 100% on either but it's almost like if you let one in you have to let the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information