40+ mill under the cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40+ mill under the cap

So I was watching the headlines at NFL.com and theres a video called "A little change in their pocket" where they talk about 8 teams that are 40+ mill under the salary cap and their options in free agency. The teams are: the Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars, Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Bucs and Redskins.

There are 3 teams that just went to the playoffs (Bengals, Broncos and 49ers), 2 good teams that need a QB to take the next step (Seahawks and Chiefs) and 3 terrible, talentless teams (Redskins, Bucs and Jaguars).

In my opinion the first 5 teams should invest the money in extensions for their own players, get some continuity, and maybe get some 2nd tier guys for depth. The other 3 teams need to find a way to improve the talent level on the roster, maybe not go crazy like the Eagles did last year or as the Redskins have in recent years, but they really need some quality starters on their teams.

So I have two questions for you guys: Are all of those teams really 40+ mill under the salary cap? And if they are, what's the best way for them to spende the money?

The Bengals are 60+ under salary cap.

The Best way for them to spend their money is add more talent to Secondary, Interior OL, and Defense Line.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

The Chiefs are 63 million under the cap right now, but they need to sign Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr to long term deals.

We should have a little money to throw around.. to Nicks or Grubbs, hopefully!

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Let me go ahead and say it: Peyton Manning.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

I hate all of your teams right now. Lions are dropping $21 million on just Calvin.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
            I hate all of your teams right now. Lions are dropping $21 million on just Calvin.
            I'd happily pay that man $21 million. If you can't pay him I'm sure BB would. :)

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

yea without Palmer and Chad on this team, we're like 60 million under the cap. I know Mike Brown, statistically speaking doesn't spend much in FA, but in the last few years he dropped some money on Odom, Bryant and T.O.

I'm not sure what the plan is this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try receiver again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                yea without Palmer and Chad on this team, we're like 60 million under the cap. I know Mike Brown, statistically speaking doesn't spend much in FA, but in the last few years he dropped some money on Odom, Bryant and T.O.

I'm not sure what the plan is this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try receiver again.
                The Bengals should give up one of their first rounders if the Texans decide to tender him!

Comment

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...18&feedID=5936
                  The 49ers have $103.737 million devoted to the 2012 salary cap. But the approximate $12.6 million that went unused in 2011 will be applied to their 2012 cap. (Other sources have cited a higher number that does not reflect incentives earned in 2011.)

So, in essence, the 49ers have $91.3 devoted to the to-be-determined salary cap. Last year, the league-wide cap was $120.375 million.
                  It's not $40mm, but pretty close.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Just re-sign all our guys we need back, then sign V-Jax or Colston, and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                      The Bengals should give up one of their first rounders if the Texans decide to tender him!
                      Tender who? If your talking about Mario Williams he is a UFA which means there is no tendering him.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Maybe he meant tag?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                          Tender who? If your talking about Mario Williams he is a UFA which means there is no tendering him.
                          Arian Foster I imagine

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information