Damning words from Demaryius Thomas about Tebow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

espn comments

Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      Not in the same way. Not at all. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, even Pierre Garcon all got time in the spotlight. Manning is a private and businesslike player and person. Not only will the credit he receives be warranted, but the people giving him credit won't be complete idiots. Manning doesn't have the same blind devoted fanbase of nutcases that Tebow does.
      However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
        However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.
        This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

Comment

So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P

Comment

This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.
            Oh no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
              Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!
              This seems at least as plausible as the Tebow Time storyline.

Comment

Tebow Time > Peyton Manning's playoffs performances...

*prepares to be flamed*
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P
                  At least Thomas has a chance to catch some of that action.
                  Originally posted by D-Unit
                  I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                    Y'all are just haters of the poor kid. He will get his chance in New York prove ya all wrong once again.
                    Really?

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?
                        Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!
                          Read in my best Bill Murray voice.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

That sure as hell doesn't include me. Tebow is a joke. And this thread is funny. You mean to tell me a WR would rather play with a HoF QB than a gimmicky QB with no arm? The hell you say!

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Actually, I think the most interesting thing to take away from Thomas' comments are that Tebow's leadership and intangibles were clearly overrated. The entire team clearly did not rally around Tebow or play ten times harder, because Timmy Terrific was leading them. If that were the case, I don't think you'd see so many of his teammates act so cavalierly about his departure.

Comment

This is such a pointless thread. Tebow's had receivers complaining about him since Florida. With Tebow it always has been, and always will be, a narrative about whether he can win games on his own. That's what bugs people. He distracts from the team concept, and gets a disproportionate amount of praise, seemingly on account of the fact that he wins despite playing without any sense of football strategy. Receivers are expected to run disciplined routes, but Tebow doesn't play disciplined; he does whatever he wants. And he did it at Florida, and he did it in Denver, and he's always had a winning record, so he gets the accolades. Denver was limited by Tebow last year in many ways, but watching the fourth-quarter drives he put together, you know that was all Tebow, too. He's at his best when he doesn't have to execute a specific gameplan. But I just don't really get why it's considered newsworthy that his former teammate is excited to play with Peyton Manning. He'll get to play his position the way he's used to playing it, instead of being a downfield run-blocker and occasionally chasing down a deep ball.
                                Last edited by Caulibflower; 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information